PDA

View Full Version : What the?!

DPG
24-05-2005, 13:46
Yesterday evening I got home after a few pints and went to my local supermarket. I wanted to get some kolbasa type 'meat' (most likely due to being drunk) and a flash of cider-induced confidence provoked me to ask for something that I had 1) never heard of 2) couldn't see and 3) had no inkling what it was.

When I openeed it at home, instead of seeing something akin to meat, there on my kitchen counter lay the most grotesque lump of 'stuff' I have ever laid my eyes upon.

It looked like some evil, revolting form of dog food and was comprised of a clear jelly like substance (with the texture of a rubber ball) encasing bits of god only knows what - tried a morsel and threw it in the bin - even stray dogs wouldn't eat this stuff!

I think it was called "shlatz" or something like that...can anyone tell me what it actually is?!

equalizer
24-05-2005, 13:50
Yesterday evening I got home after a few pints and went to my local supermarket. I wanted to get some kolbasa type 'meat' (most likely due to being drunk) and a flash of cider-induced confidence provoked me to ask for something that I had 1) never heard of 2) couldn't see and 3) had no inkling what it was.

When I openeed it at home, instead of seeing something akin to meat, there on my kitchen counter lay the most grotesque lump of 'stuff' I have ever laid my eyes upon.

It looked like some evil, revolting form of dog food and was comprised of a clear jelly like substance (with the texture of a rubber ball) encasing bits of god only knows what - tried a morsel and threw it in the bin - even stray dogs wouldn't eat this stuff!

I think it was called "shlatz" or something like that...can anyone tell me what it actually is?!
this is actually tasty stuff if youre hungry enough,did it come sliced or like a sausage shape ,if it was salty were talking about the same stuff

Lled
24-05-2005, 13:53
You bought something that was blatantly, and in plain view of children, called "Shlatz"? Good grief man.

DPG
24-05-2005, 13:54
Was displayed a la kolbasa - one large sausage type shape waiting to be cut into lumps or sliced at your command...

Lled
24-05-2005, 13:56
Stop it, I'm gonna puke.

Someone ordered that stuff for me once I think in a restaurant. When it arrived, that person was in the loo, so I sent the stuff back and told the person that the kitchen had run out of Pestilence Jelly and that I had ordered some pickles instead.

corp_fin
24-05-2005, 13:58
Does saying "Eat my Shlatz" constitute grounds for moving the posting to Bardak?

DPG
24-05-2005, 14:00
You bought something that was blatantly, and in plain view of children, called "Shlatz"? Good grief man.

In my defense, Mlud, I was drunk and starving at the time.

I just found it funny that after three years, the phrase "what the heck have I just bought" would come out of my mouth (as did the piece of 'it' that I tasted).

tasty stuff if youre hungry enough

That's like saying that dead-sheep infested, putrified, botulinum-seething ditchwater is tasty if one if thirsty enough...!?

equalizer
24-05-2005, 14:02
Was displayed a la kolbasa - one large sausage type shape waiting to be cut into lumps or sliced at your command...
many forms ,it difficult to aquire a taste for it ,but once c couple of summers before in datchaland thats all the shop had ,and it lasts for ages ,hence the large amounts of salt,basically it for show looks interesting and now one eats it and its cheap,bets kept at the back of the fridge in case of emergincies

Redletter
27-05-2005, 14:51
The stuff is called Zelts and its called brawn or braun (never could spell) in English, anyway, its made from boiled pigs heads and calves feet and other yummy things! :vomit: