PDA

View Full Version : That Sexual Urge

Moscow Wolf
23-05-2005, 17:08
I came home last evening with two heavy plastic bags full of supplies, you know, beer, wine and a packet of crisps etc. as I opened the door my female cat bolted out into the corridor and was about to be followed by the two remaining kittens before I managed to block them with my size 9's.

Anyway, thinking that the cat had done her usual forte into the corridor only to be crying at the door 30 seconds later to be let back in, I went to put supplies in the fridge, (your crisps can go off you know). Then I remembered the cat, I went out into the corridor, but NO cat; she'd done a runner. Now, what I thought was her pestering me for food every 2 hours and then not wanting it was really her telling me she's in season. Anyway, that's my theory and she's gone.

I've been dropping hints for weeks, you know packing her whiskas in a spotted hankerchief on a stick; leaving one-way tickets to Siberia lying around the flat, but it seems it was all a waste of time, when she needed to fulfil her nature's needs, she's off and left us.

I'm now desperately trying to relocate flats in case she finds her way back. Can cats have abortions by the way - just as a precaution you understand?

plastique
23-05-2005, 20:48
get her fixed already!
and if i wasn't leaving sunday i would take those last two kittens off you, and i am still considering it, but the marine will turn his furor on me if i do...

gregs
23-05-2005, 22:17
MM, I will tek a kitten off u as long as u can look after her in July wen i go to UK for 3 weeks - other than that, keep it till wen I get back and I will take it then.

I came home last evening with two heavy plastic bags full of supplies, you know, beer, wine and a packet of crisps etc. as I opened the door my female cat bolted out into the corridor and was about to be followed by the two remaining kittens before I managed to block them with my size 9's.

Anyway, thinking that the cat had done her usual forte into the corridor only to be crying at the door 30 seconds later to be let back in, I went to put supplies in the fridge, (your crisps can go off you know). Then I remembered the cat, I went out into the corridor, but NO cat; she'd done a runner. Now, what I thought was her pestering me for food every 2 hours and then not wanting it was really her telling me she's in season. Anyway, that's my theory and she's gone.

I've been dropping hints for weeks, you know packing her whiskas in a spotted hankerchief on a stick; leaving one-way tickets to Siberia lying around the flat, but it seems it was all a waste of time, when she needed to fulfil her nature's needs, she's off and left us.

I'm now desperately trying to relocate flats in case she finds her way back. Can cats have abortions by the way - just as a precaution you understand?

pengwn9
23-05-2005, 23:02
Can cats have abortions by the way -

Yes

Moscow Wolf
26-05-2005, 22:20
MM, I will tek a kitten off u as long as u can look after her in July wen i go to UK for 3 weeks - other than that, keep it till wen I get back and I will take it then.

I'm MW not MM! lol.

I'd be very happy to let you have the female kitten, the one that is most affectionately known to us as 'Duracell'. The male one, Elvis is staying with us for the forseeable future. If you're serious, then fine. My girlfriend's parents usually look after the 'cats' whilst we're away and at this time of year would take them out to the summerhouse. I tell you this as I will also have to go away for short while in July.

I have no idea at what age a female kitten can come into season and/or at what age they can be 'neutered' if that's the right word and spelling. So before making a decision, you should take these factors into account as I would hate to give you back a pregnant kitten. I'm sure the cat experts on here like Peng can advise on such stuff.

Ps. I was fully intending to have my cat 'doctored', but I guessed that I'd have to wait for her to stop producing milk first. She came from the street and I feel that she just wanted to go back there now that her litter is independent - I was just very convenient, again!

Lady Marmalade
27-05-2005, 00:26
Your female kitten going into heat at four and half to six months is pretty much in the normal time line, but don't worry, she'll let you know vocally and also by acrobatics with her tail where she moves it to the side in a most alluring way that you haven't seen before providing easy access accompanied by happy wails of mount me in cat language even if she doesn't quite understand the biology herself at that tender age.

Moscow Wolf
27-05-2005, 10:27
So if she was born in early March - we'd be looking at around middle of August onwards?