PDA

View Full Version : should I try to live here?

hell
22-05-2005, 03:45
I live in Belgium but the woman I love lives here.Should I give it a shot or take her back to Belgium.

Halyavshik
22-05-2005, 10:44
Do you speak the language ? Would you find a job here ? Do you accept and understand the culture ? Are you ready to leave your home country for another permanently (or extended period of time) ? Have you ever been here ?

In my opinion, these are the questions you should be asking yourself.

But to be honest, if you ask me, it's one of the "if you have to ask, you don't know enough to do it" situations. This isn't a question you can decide on an Internet message board. It's life changing, and best NOT decided by complete strangers.

Just my two cents,
Hal

Bibo
22-05-2005, 11:57
First you have to be sure that you love her and whether she loves you...

Women here are very beautiful and sexy, but they have an extremely materialistic view on life (especially in Moscow)

Note that probably she will be extremely keen to move to Belgium

Anway, keep your head cool and REMEBER Russia is no longer the romantic country it used to be

Halyavshik
22-05-2005, 12:00
Women here are very beautiful and sexy, but they have an extremely materialistic view on life (especially in Moscow)

Anway, keep your head cool and REMEBER Russia is no longer the romantic country it used to be

[Deep Sigh] We'll never get away from these stereotypes, will we ?

When was Russia ever considered 'romantic' by the way ?

moondance
22-05-2005, 12:33
I will have to agree with Hal, I know a lot of Russian women who have foreign boyfriends, fiances or husbands, & who wouldn't even consider moving away from Mother Russia.
On another note, it isn't only Russian women who have a materialistic outlook, the majority of the world thinks the same way, whether male or female. Please move on from this stereotype. Everyone wants to live well and to have the best opportunities.
As a woman who is a complete shoe fetishist, I see nothing wrong with that!! : )

Bibo
22-05-2005, 13:18
:evil: Sure they wouldn't... At home, their husbands or boyfriends will certainly not get 5 to 10 000 USD per month with all the rest of the tasty expat package.

Lets see what happens when this package is gone

preacher of hedonism
23-05-2005, 10:46
First you have to be sure that you love her and whether she loves you...

Anway, keep your head cool and REMEBER Russia is no longer the romantic country it used to beWhile women here ARE extremely materialistic (is that bad?), who with a sane mind would want to move to Belgium other than big love?

Random
23-05-2005, 11:00
Why not start here gently by taking her to a Belgium restaurant ..or just cook mussels and chips with mayo at home ..see what she says ...if she hates it ..then it's nil points for Belguim ...

DPG
23-05-2005, 11:13
Moules are chock full of zinc, too, so even if she doesn't think that they are a good enough reason to move to Belgium, you'll have a cracking night when you get home after dinner!!;)

Anyone know where to get some decent quality mussels (not restaurants) by the way??

ingsoc
23-05-2005, 11:36
:) I'll be moving to Russia in the next few months for many years I imagine..or at least until I dont want to live there anymore..I dont think its something anyone should do lightly and not without considerable thought and soul searching..I've been there a dozen or so times..speak the language.and like the culture....having said that..it is not for everyone..and there is much to learn....especially patience and to learn that nothing ever really goes as planned and to be prepared for the unexpected. I've bought a nice new flat right on the gulf of finland there..and so far..I think I will be very comfortable..however...everything has its price..I do not think you should just "leap" into it..you must consider everything..go there and really spend some time there and see if you like it :)..and really really think what you want in life..and what creature comforts you can and cant live without..just my two cents worth

marus
23-05-2005, 16:07
Firstly, what are her family and personal circumstances in Russia?Has she ever been abroad,let alone to Belgium??How long have you known each other and is it love or just infatuation on your behalf??There are beautiful women everywhere and some are ******* and some are angels-just like there are some super guys and also quite a few who are ********!!
Without knowing the answers to at least the first few of my questions,how could anyone give you any advice based on facts???

Take care pal-a broken heart can hurt much more than a broken leg,and be much harder to mend!

<<Please refrain from bad language in public forums>>

druna
23-05-2005, 18:13
If you can make really good money here, why not.

marus
23-05-2005, 18:58
Unless he lands a nice ex-pat contract, which is something increasingly harder to do nowadays,we all know that a foreigner in Russia cannot normally make good money unless they are prepared to spend a lot of time and take a lot of risks....

tbill
23-05-2005, 19:43
Hell,

Check out rwguide.com. It is mostly people from English speaking countries but it is devoted to the foreign man, russian woman relationship.

Just curious, what are the divorce laws like in Belgium? That should be a major consideration in your decision.

moondance
23-05-2005, 19:55
If it is anything like the divorce law in France, I don't wish it on anyone!

lochnessmonster
24-05-2005, 08:12
Moules are chock full of zinc, too, so even if she doesn't think that they are a good enough reason to move to Belgium, you'll have a cracking night when you get home after dinner!!;)

Anyone know where to get some decent quality mussels (not restaurants) by the way??

try a gym!

Random
24-05-2005, 09:46
I wonder if she likes Poirot ?

:)

sparky
24-05-2005, 09:48
I wonder if she likes Poirot ?

:)
..or Tin Tin (whatever happened to him and snowy?) :)

Jet
24-05-2005, 12:12
If you want to move over here b/c of the woman its OK, but it helps if you love the country and I have to say it is a tough love.

RDV
24-05-2005, 16:00
When was Russia ever considered 'romantic' by the way ?

LOL! :thumbsup: Yeah, I am curious about that too? Enlighten me.