PDA

View Full Version : Trains and Automobiles

Hick_hop
20-05-2005, 09:49
Has anyone taken the fast train to St. Pete from Moscow? Does it really only run once a day leaving at 18:30? Is it comfortable enough that a relatively well travelled foreigner would not rue not taking a TU 134 flight instead?

Also, I need to find a driver for June 29 - July 8 for Moscow and July 8-12 in St. Pete. Some english would be helpful, but not required. Recommendations anyone?

Finally, I need to find an English speeaking tour guide (or guides) for the Kremlin and a few other sights around Moscow. Someone who can get our guests get past the lines and who has a good knowledge of history.

WillmaRe
20-05-2005, 11:21
There are 2 types of fast-train to St.P.
One I used left at around 5/30 p.m. and arrive to St.P. at 10 p.m. It's comfortable enough.
One way ticket costs 100$
If you need more info about - check up
http://www.rzd.ru/e3/index.php?new_query=1

There is also an english version but availability and schedule are published only in Russian.

WillmaRe
20-05-2005, 11:23
Forgot to tell: Generally it's faster than taking air-plane.

Ned Kelly
20-05-2005, 15:07
Has anyone taken the fast train to St. Pete from Moscow? Does it really only run once a day leaving at 18:30? Is it comfortable enough that a relatively well travelled foreigner would not rue not taking a TU 134 flight instead? .

hh, i hate flying and have taken the fast train three or four times (it's a four hour trip if i recall). i really like it. a pair of seats on each side of the aisle (i.e. not six to a carriage like the aurora used to have) and pretty civilised.

but again, i'd rather swim with sharks than get on an unnecessary domestic flight.