PDA

View Full Version : Business but not really.....

Boris-Kachakokof
19-05-2005, 01:43
Need some advise about getting a visa at the Russian consulate in Toronto, Canada.

Got my invitation for a 3 month single entry business visa. I'm not actually going to Moscow on business, just wanted to save my friends the hassle of getting me a private invitation.

What should I say at the Russian embassy tomorrow when they ask about my purpose of travel? Will they want to know specific details about my trip? If so, should probably have a story prepared about my "business trip". Can someone who dealt with this matter in the past give me some advise. Will be forever grateful!!!!!!

BK

tgma
19-05-2005, 09:32
I've never been asked about the purpose of my trip, and have pretty much always travelled on business visas. In London, they ask for a letter from a company, requesting the issue of the visa, saying that you need to go there for meetings. (That really is all that they need to say - it could even be some random company, that has hired you as a "consultant"). The consulate just needs a letter, and won't investigate further.

You might want to ask the consulate if they need such a thing.

ronl
19-05-2005, 17:45
they almost never ask, but if they do just say you are going for "business negotiations"

Boris-Kachakokof
20-05-2005, 01:34
Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Stood in line for over 4 hours, went up to the window and got my visa pick up date within 5 minutes.
The guy didn't ask me anything, just said thank you for bringing all the proper paper work.