PDA

View Full Version : Open University

jchidg1
18-05-2005, 17:56
Open University.

Does anybody know if .....

1. There is an equivalent to The Open University in Russia.
2. The UK Open University does courses / caters for foreigners.

Trying to "buy" a course for someone as a birthday present - he started a geology degree in Tashkent but due to being shipped off to the Tajikistan border to do his national service, was never able to finish it.

Any ideas?

Anouk
19-05-2005, 16:31
The Open University does offer courses outside the UK but only short ones mainly computing etc. I did know of someone studying in Tadjikistan, he was working for a charity only temporarily, but was a Brit with a UK resident address - so he got around the rules. Check the website.

Or you could try the University of London www.londonexternal.ac.uk - I think they do a geosciences course and exams can be taken anywhere in the world.

jchidg1
19-05-2005, 19:01
The Open University does offer courses outside the UK but only short ones mainly computing etc. I did know of someone studying in Tadjikistan, he was working for a charity only temporarily, but was a Brit with a UK resident address - so he got around the rules. Check the website.

Or you could try the University of London www.londonexternal.ac.uk - I think they do a geosciences course and exams can be taken anywhere in the world.

Thanks for getting back to me - I'll look into it.