marmite
17-05-2005, 22:25
Again. :cussing:
why don't someone let them nuke themselves and save the annual tribute :evil:

equalizer
17-05-2005, 23:32
Again. :cussing:
why don't someone let them nuke themselves and save the annual tribute :evil:
i know there is a lack of activity on the site but i hope we havent got to the point of useless threads like this .i met a couple of north koreans in dalian a small chinnese city on the coast next to n koreas border and these are nice people just wanting a life .comments like this is whats holding our society back, i suppose we could just nuke the midlands or the rover plants in the uk or anywhere theres a problem.

Lled
18-05-2005, 08:55
"i know there is a lack of activity on the site but i hope we havent got to the point of useless threads like this .i met a couple of north koreans in dalian a small chinnese city on the coast next to n koreas border and these are nice people just wanting a life .comments like this is whats holding our society back, i suppose we could just nuke the midlands or the rover plants in the uk or anywhere theres a problem."

I don't think it is Marmite that is holding back society. My finger is pointing in the direction of HP Sauce frankly.

I feel it is poor - or no - punctuation, a lack of humour (cynical or whatever) and a refusal to use capital letters that is most certainly a nail in the coffin of the education of our nation(s) youth.

And seeing as you have mentioned it, I agree that The Midlands ought to be nuked. Splendid idea, hand that man an apostrophe.

Chubby Hubby
18-05-2005, 10:58
"Vee all accept canned goods - erspactially callots, vegetabres, and prutoniom.

- KJI"

Found on N. Korean listserv.

I heard on BBC World that some foreign aid worker was thrown in jail for 3 weeks for telling the following joke:

"Why is Kim Jong Il so fat? Because everyone else is so skinny."

DPG
18-05-2005, 10:58
I feel it is poor - or no - punctuation, a lack of humour (cynical or whatever) and a refusal to use capital letters that is most certainly a nail in the coffin of the education of our nation(s) youth.

[Your (capital letter to start sentence) rep. (full stop to signify abbreviation) points have been boosted, Lled. (comma before form of address)! (exclamation mark to add emphasis and highlight my utter agreement!)]

DPG
18-05-2005, 11:01
i met a couple of north koreans in dalian a small chinnese city on the coast next to n koreas border and these are nice people just wanting a life .

The long place names those Chinese come up with, eh!!;)

Lled
18-05-2005, 11:01
[Your (capital letter to start sentence) rep. (full stop to signify abbreviation) points have been boosted, Lled. (comma before form of address)! (exclamation mark to add emphasis and highlight my utter agreement!)]

Always 'appy to Oblige,,,,, mate. (!)

Lled
18-05-2005, 11:03
Tell you what, I'm pretty peckish myself. Think I'll have a kitkat.

Crazyeelboy
18-05-2005, 11:27

I agree 100%. It all started with EE Cummings. The French were right to imprison him in WWI. Look at the damage - Oh the humanity!

DPG
18-05-2005, 11:32
a nail in the coffin of the education of our nation(s) youth.

Cripes, isn't it a pity that Halyavshik is too busy to point out that "nation(s)" should have a possessive apostrophe!:D

You do get to keep your rep. points, though!!;)

DJ Biscuit
18-05-2005, 12:30
Tell you what, I'm pretty peckish myself. Think I'll have a kitkat.

Let yourself down there. Kitkat is a brand name and therefore spelt with A CAPITAL LETTER!!!

Lled
18-05-2005, 12:39
Let yourself down there. Kitkat is a brand name and therefore spelt with A CAPITAL LETTER!!!

Fair cop I s'pose.

How was the shashlik? Still inside you?

aysihsK
18-05-2005, 12:44

:rolleyes: actually it IS a brand name and should be spelled with 2 capital letters: KitKat :p

plastique
18-05-2005, 13:09
I agree 100%. It all started with EE Cummings. The French were right to imprison him in WWI. Look at the damage - Oh the humanity!

while we are at it, shouldn't it be ee cummings since he shunned proper grammer?

equalizer
18-05-2005, 13:14
"i know there is a lack of activity on the site but i hope we havent got to the point of useless threads like this .i met a couple of north koreans in dalian a small chinnese city on the coast next to n koreas border and these are nice people just wanting a life .comments like this is whats holding our society back, i suppose we could just nuke the midlands or the rover plants in the uk or anywhere theres a problem."

I don't think it is Marmite that is holding back society. My finger is pointing in the direction of HP Sauce frankly.

And seeing as you have mentioned it, I agree that The Midlands ought to be nuked. Splendid idea, hand that man an apostrophe.
when the gods at be get the site working i may use capitals but its so difficultand time consuming ................and i am illiterate and lazy

Lled
18-05-2005, 13:52
when the gods at be get the site working i may use capitals but its so difficultand time consuming ................and i am illiterate and lazy

Are you taking the p*ss or something with that post?

equalizer
18-05-2005, 14:04
Are you taking the p*ss or something with that post?
if you stop using naughty words in every post then i might see the ponit to go to english classes

Lled
18-05-2005, 14:15
if you stop using naughty words in every post then i might see the ponit to go to english classes

PNSL

I can't cope

equalizer
18-05-2005, 14:37
PNSL

I can't cope
what does pnsl mean ,it sounds like its your time of the month

excuse me i just checked your a guy,......................worried

DJ Biscuit
18-05-2005, 15:05
Fair cop I s'pose.

How was the shashlik? Still inside you?

The 'Terrace' cafes on Manezh Square are still being kitted out. I reckon this evening may be the grand opening. I shall attend of course.

DJ Biscuit
18-05-2005, 15:07
while we are at it, shouldn't it be ee cummings since he shunned proper grammer?

Grammar.

Random
18-05-2005, 15:09
The 'Terrace' cafes on Manezh Square are still being kitted out. I reckon this evening may be the grand opening. I shall attend of course.

You socialite !!

:agree:

DJ Biscuit
18-05-2005, 15:14
I'd go to the opening of an envelope!

chunkyhunkymonkey
18-05-2005, 17:32
"Why is Kim Jong Il so fat? Because everyone else is so skinny."

Hey Amewikens, I'm no fat - i'm just big boned!