PDA

View Full Version : FatAndy, U must be the hottest

Fibre
20-07-2010, 13:01
Hey, FatAndy, are U really the hottest man, aren`t U?

So, it`s your turn to be on the hot seat! U`re welcome!

Here only one question for U, cause my imagination doesn`t work today))

Do U admit U have a lot of shortcomings? What is the most awful shortcoming U have to your mind. What is the most useful from them, which can help U to survive?

FatAndy
20-07-2010, 13:12
Hi Fibre, thank you very much for invitation!

Yes, especially at this weather I'm hot...

Most awful and useful - I'm lazy and it helps me a lot to survive.

There is one wish to native language carriers here - don't ask sophisticated questions... I'm not cool English speaker... Please use simple constructions ;)

Matt24
20-07-2010, 13:55
Andy, you are a God in our house, my questions:

How fat are you? Is this an ironic name, or are you well proportioned?

What is the best piece of advice you were ever given?

What was the worst decision in your life?

Given the right opportunities, what would be your dream job?

Thanks

Matt

FatAndy
20-07-2010, 14:11
Hi Matt, thank you!
Name is ironic but I have some excess weight - 187 cm, 106 kg. Of course, well proportioned! :D

Best advice I was given by parents - to live as decent man and take care about people surrounding me.

Worst decision... to be honest, I like all of my decisions. Of course, there were some points in the life which I'd like to improve with second chance, but I can't say they're too critical.

Dream job is to travel a lot, communicate with people and feel they need me. I do this now besides travelling ;)

Viola
20-07-2010, 14:22
Hi Andy, nice to see you at the Hot Seat!

I know that you like good food, as well as good drink I believe :D.

Can you cook?
What is your favorite food?

Would you like to travel into space?

FatAndy
20-07-2010, 14:37
Hi Viola, thank you!

Yes, I can cook and sometimes do it.

Because I'm lazy, my favourite food since student times is spaghetti with canned meat (макароны с тушёнкой), with fresh tomatoes aside.

Yes, as every normal Soviet boy I'd like to travel into space, but unfortunately my missile carrier is not designed yet, see weight note above :D

AussieinMoscow
20-07-2010, 14:47
Hi Andy,

How have you been keeping cool in the heat?

What does your last text message say?

When you go on a holiday, what is your favourite thing to do?

nbogaard
20-07-2010, 14:58
Hi Andy,

What is the best book you've read in the past year?
What is youir favorite food?
Who is someone you respect immensely?
Other than your gf, give and example of a woman you consider beautiful.
How is it that you know so much about so much stuff?

FatAndy
20-07-2010, 15:21
Hi Aussie,
Thanks you!

Cool in heat... It is internal spirit that keeps me cool! ;)
If regarding body - I drink hot tea (black with lemon or green, but without sugar) at home or in my office, and mineral water in the street.

Well... which text message you mean... SMS or what?

On holiday I'm sleeping, reading, swimming, sometimes do rollerskating. I don't like sunbathing too much though.

Hi Andy,

How have you been keeping cool in the heat?

What does your last text message say?

When you go on a holiday, what is your favourite thing to do?

Angym
20-07-2010, 15:24
Hi, Andy! Nice to see u here)
What do u do in life (what is your occupation?) ?

FlakeySnowballer
20-07-2010, 15:25
As all Ukrainian guys do you like to cook and to eat?
Are you blonde or brunet?

AussieinMoscow
20-07-2010, 15:29
Well... which text message you mean... SMS or what?

Sorry, I meant sms. Thanks :)

FatAndy
20-07-2010, 15:32
Hi nbogaard,
Thank you!

The best book was "August of 44th, or True moment" by V. O. Bogomolov

About food see above ;)

My respect is always with my parents and my wife.

Example women who are beautiful... my wife (gf) and daughter :)

Knowing much... it's just got so... I've started to read Russian when I was 2 yo, Ukrainian at 5 yo and English at 12 yo... and I continue to do it all of my life... my head is 61 cm around, so room is enough ;)

Hi Andy,

What is the best book you've read in the past year?
What is youir favorite food?
Who is someone you respect immensely?
Other than your gf, give and example of a woman you consider beautiful.
How is it that you know so much about so much stuff?

FatAndy
20-07-2010, 15:34
Ok, last one I sent was that there are juices, meat and tomatoes in the fridge :D
In Russian.

Sorry, I meant sms. Thanks :)

FatAndy
20-07-2010, 15:36
Hi Angym,
Thank you!

I'm working in IT business (IT component distribution).

Hi, Andy! Nice to see u here)
What do u do in life (what is your occupation?) ?

FatAndy
20-07-2010, 15:39
Hi Flakey,
Thank you!

I'm not Ukrainian, I'm from Soviet Union. I like to cook sometimes but not at such weather like now. And I like to eat, yes. Again, not at such weather - now only liquids, vegetables, fruits.

Closer to brunet than to blonde...

As all Ukrainian guys do you like to cook and to eat?
Are you blonde or brunet?

MickeyTong
20-07-2010, 17:21
Preved Andy

If you and your family had to live permanently outside the former Soviet Union, where would it be?

What would you enjoy most about your new home?

What 3 things would improve Russia's future wellbeing?

FatAndy
20-07-2010, 17:34
Preved, bratello,

Thank you!

1) Barcelona or Southern Bavaria. These places are quite impressive. Barcelona with its special spirit, Southern Bavaria has a very nice nature.

2) Huge living space, I think... and from 3 sides should be pine forest, 4th - "big water" - sea, river or lake ;)

3) For Russia - common sense, planning-in-advance and developed transport infrastructure (aviation, railroads, roads, water transport). All other things we have already.

Preved Andy

If you and your family had to live permanently outside the former Soviet Union, where would it be?

What would you enjoy most about your new home?

What 3 things would improve Russia's future wellbeing?

mistygris
20-07-2010, 21:46
What do you like to do during your free time?

tvadim133
20-07-2010, 21:51
What are your impression and memory about your life in USSR?

What is a place in the world, where you would like to return as often as possible?

Are you a city habitant by nature or a village habitant?

Are there any nationalities, you do not like (or have dual attitude)?

martpark
20-07-2010, 23:09
Apple or PC?

Wifi or cable?

Windows 7 or DOS 3.1?

A true techie test.

lochnessmonster
20-07-2010, 23:37
What was the nicest thing that you did this weekend?

I'm sure you love your job, but if you COULD choose something else, what would you do?

Imagine I've just give you a boat - what would you name it? (Lochnessmonster is the obvious answer, but try and think of something else)

Do you have any tattoos? If you were to get one, what would it be and where?

What's the most unusual food you've ever eaten?

Tell us one thing about you that no one on Expat.ru knows!!

What was your favourite TV show when you were growing up?

Thoughts on Paul the Octopus?

Finally, you're on that paradise island with only THREE friends and THREE books and ONE laptop. Who and what would you choose?

FatAndy
21-07-2010, 10:41
Hi Misty,
Thank you!

Walking, reading, communicating with family... sometimes I just lie on the sofa and pick nose... ;)
What do you like to do during your free time?

FatAndy
21-07-2010, 11:00
Hi Vadim,
Thank you!

Remembrances about USSR are different, as same as this world is different too. At my childhood everythind was quite nice, as it's usual for childhood. At student age I remember idiotic anti-alcohol policy and full internal-policy impotence of Gorbachev, empty shelves of shops and initiation of more open society. Generally life that time was more boring, but more assured.

There are several places I like - foreign ones Barcelona and South Bavaria mentioned above, my hometown Kramatorsk in Eastern Ukraine and lake Baikal + White Sea coast inside Russia.

I don't like to pick soil, so this way should be city habitant, but I'd like to live somewhere at the nature (see above my answer to Mickey).

I'm proletary internationalist by root beleifs and hate all nationalities equally, w/o special exclusions :D

What are your impression and memory about your life in USSR?

What is a place in the world, where you would like to return as often as possible?

Are you a city habitant by nature or a village habitant?

Are there any nationalities, you do not like (or have dual attitude)?

FatAndy
21-07-2010, 11:04
Hi martpark,
Thank you!

PC, of course. Mac is disgusting.

Cable of course - EMI-resisted, dedicated bandwidth etc.

Windows XP instead of both mentioned.

;)

Apple or PC?

Wifi or cable?

Windows 7 or DOS 3.1?

A true techie test.

FatAndy
21-07-2010, 11:33
Hi Monsta,
Thank you!

Well, previous week was hard enough, so I've sent family out of the city to resthouse and just relaxed at home, sleeping and eating when I want (not by clock) and dropping sweaty socks everywhere :D

I'd like to move more amd meet new people, so something like BDM on regions (business development manager).

Boat... well, how you name the boat, this way it will sail... It will depend on how aggressive I'll be at that monent. Less aggression - Del'fin (Dolphin), more aggression - Buran (Snowstorm)

Never thinked about tatoos...I think my round body is pretty nice and needs no special additions ;)

I eat almost all, keeping in ming that every food finally is combined of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Most unusual thing was not food but drink which I tested at Taipei nightmarket - strange muddy liquid with floating dark spheres in it, to drink via plastic tube. Looked ugly but had decent taste.

no one on Expat.ru knows... well, deep in soul I'm modest and timid :)

Well, during Soviet period there were no things on our TV which can be described as "shows", besides special one for New Year - Called Goluboi Ogonyok (Blue Light). Yes, everyone liked it. Nowadays similar shows look ugly, so I don't watch TV almost for 15 years.

Paul the Octopus is poor creature... release him into sea/ocean...

To be honest, I will not go to such paradise island. Too narrow possibilities.

What was the nicest thing that you did this weekend?

I'm sure you love your job, but if you COULD choose something else, what would you do?

Imagine I've just give you a boat - what would you name it? (Lochnessmonster is the obvious answer, but try and think of something else)

Do you have any tattoos? If you were to get one, what would it be and where?

What's the most unusual food you've ever eaten?

Tell us one thing about you that no one on Expat.ru knows!!

What was your favourite TV show when you were growing up?

Thoughts on Paul the Octopus?

Finally, you're on that paradise island with only THREE friends and THREE books and ONE laptop. Who and what would you choose?

Judge
21-07-2010, 11:58
What is your earliest childhood memory?

Favourite country you have visited and why?

Who would be your dream date?

Are you someone's best friend?

FatAndy
21-07-2010, 12:32
Hi Judge,
Thank you!

Sledge riding with my father in Kirov city at the winter, around -30 (he was there for 2 yrs mil. service)... and playing with his discharged pistol :D

Favourite country I think is Germany - everything is convenient and well-organized.

Dream date... do you mean girl? If yes, every girl is a dream for someone.

I hope I'm someone's best friend ;)

What is your earliest childhood memory?

Favourite country you have visited and why?

Who would be your dream date?

Are you someone's best friend?

Judge
21-07-2010, 13:09
Yeah I meant female...:sunny:

every girl is a dream for someone

that is true, but who would you like to see infront of you at a romantic candlelit dinner???

FatAndy
21-07-2010, 13:55
My wife surely! ;)

Willy
21-07-2010, 21:24
Okay FatAndy give!

You really work for the FSB.

Is there anything that expats do here that bugs you?

MickeyTong
21-07-2010, 22:08
Okay FatAndy give!

You really work for the FSB.

Is there anything that expats do here that bugs you?

If he is FSB, then he will "bug" the expats......

Willy
21-07-2010, 22:38
If he is FSB, then he will "bug" the expats......

Not that kind of bug!

Yeah that was a good one though!

FatAndy
22-07-2010, 11:00
Hi Willy,
Thank you!
that bugs you? - well, I can only repeat - I'm not a native carrier... Bugs means irritates, causes problems/troubles or what?

I saw 4 "official" KGB officers in my life.

One at the exit of MSU - every institute, factory or other big enterprize in USSR had "Dept #1" (Pervy otdel) which was intended to keep appropriate level of security at its area of responsibility. Maybe oversized for whole country, but looks reasonable. And every student releasing Uni shoud get a stamp and sign of Dept #1 that during education you had or hadn't access to secret data.

Then, when I arrived to my jobplace (Research Institute of photosynthesis and Soil Science in Puschino, near Serpuhov), there was another guy from local Dept #1 I had discussion/interview with, as every newcomer there.

6 or 7 years later (wild 90's) I worked in one of companies where chief of security dept was from KGB specnaz, retired - he has weared military uniform once, for 23 Feb.

And at my current job there is security guy from former KGB too.

I don't know current FSB guys. Fortunately or unfortunately. But still remember (495) 914-22-22 for a case. ;)

Willy
22-07-2010, 11:33
Yes "bug" means irritates.

Anything you don't like about expats?

And I don't mean only on these site.

Max77
22-07-2010, 11:44
Hi Andy,
Mind me asking you this:

Does your wife check your cell phone text messages searching for clues to your affairs?

Do you have affairs?

Is your wife a memeber here at expat forum?

Thanks in advance!
Max

FatAndy
22-07-2010, 11:54
Hi Max,
Thank you!

No, she doesn't check and me too (her phone). For what? We're adult people and trust one another.

Affairs... who knows? ;)

No, she isn't a member here yet.

FatAndy
22-07-2010, 11:58
Nothing special... I don't like idiots, no difference are they expats or compatriots.

Yes "bug" means irritates.

Anything you don't like about expats?

And I don't mean only on these site.

Willy
22-07-2010, 13:13
Nothing special... I don't like idiots, no difference are they expats or compatriots.

Funny some bug the sh!t out me.

Good answer, your always a scholar and a gentleman.

Did your mom and dad always stress politeness?

FatAndy
22-07-2010, 13:31
Well, mom always, dad is usually polite but sometimes can tell what he really thinks ;)

FatAndy
22-07-2010, 14:21
BTW, Willy, I've found nice pic for you (regarding your interest to KGB/FSB):
http://www.zagony.ru/admin_new/foto/2010-7-16/1279268910/kartinki_s_podpisjami_149_foto_35.jpg

Willy
22-07-2010, 15:42
Thanks Andy, but I have friends who worked there and I lived among them.

Moskauerin
22-07-2010, 15:48
Surprisingly, no one has asked about your avatar - "Vodka connecting people". I like it immensely! :) What is your favourite vodka? (I suppose there is a favourite one for a person with such an avatar. ;-) )

FatAndy
22-07-2010, 16:44
Hi Moskauerin,
Thank you!

Russian Standard or Stolichnaya, but I consume more brandy than vodka. ;)

Surprisingly, no one has asked about your avatar - "Vodka connecting people". I like it immensely! :) What is your favourite vodka? (I suppose there is a favourite one for a person with such an avatar. ;-) )

KennyK
22-07-2010, 17:06
Have you tried Serbian brandy?

NotMe
22-07-2010, 18:01
Hi Willy,
Thank you!
that bugs you? - well, I can only repeat - I'm not a native carrier... Bugs means irritates, causes problems/troubles or what?

I saw 4 "official" KGB officers in my life.

One at the exit of MSU - every institute, factory or other big enterprize in USSR had "Dept #1" (Pervy otdel) which was intended to keep appropriate level of security at its area of responsibility. Maybe oversized for whole country, but looks reasonable. And every student releasing Uni shoud get a stamp and sign of Dept #1 that during education you had or hadn't access to secret data.

Then, when I arrived to my jobplace (Research Institute of photosynthesis and Soil Science in Puschino, near Serpuhov), there was another guy from local Dept #1 I had discussion/interview with, as every newcomer there.

6 or 7 years later (wild 90's) I worked in one of companies where chief of security dept was from KGB specnaz, retired - he has weared military uniform once, for 23 Feb.

And at my current job there is security guy from former KGB too.

I don't know current FSB guys. Fortunately or unfortunately. But still remember (495) 914-22-22 for a case. ;)

Puschino... Biological center of Academy of science in Russia.:)

Hi, colleague! :)

FatAndy
22-07-2010, 18:32
Hi Kenny,
Thank you!

No, Serbian not yet. All of USSR republics - Armenian, Azerbaijan, Georgian, Moldavian, Russian, Ukrainian SSRs, and "16th republic" - Bulgarian - yes. A month ago tested brandy bottled at Belorussia. Of course, French cognacs and brandies, Greek brandies, Turkish, once even US' ... but Serbian not yet.

FatAndy
22-07-2010, 18:33
Hi NotMe,

Thank you!

Nice to meet colleague although I left biology at stormy 90s... ;)

Puschino... Biological center of Academy of science in Russia.:)

Hi, colleague! :)

Viola
23-07-2010, 17:05
Do you like ice-cream?

FatAndy
23-07-2010, 17:33
Yes, of course, Plombir. With jam. :D

Fibre
23-07-2010, 20:17
Yes, of course, Plombir. With jam. :D

That`s why U`re big and kind man!

Fibre
23-07-2010, 20:21
Andy, what about men`s hobbies,- hunting and fishing? Do U like it?

FatAndy
26-07-2010, 10:52
Not so frequent, maybe once a month at cold times and a couple at weekend now. The reason of weight is sitting in office, as usual.

That`s why U`re big and kind man!

FatAndy
26-07-2010, 10:54
Well, fishing is not a big business as my father said - pour and drink... No.

Hunting too.

And, in advance - I don't like football too much. I can watch it, but w/o any fanatism.

Andy, what about men`s hobbies,- hunting and fishing? Do U like it?

Moskauerin
28-07-2010, 12:31
Will try to make it a bit hotter:

What are you currently reading?
Which of the classic Russian authors do you prefer: Dostoevskiy, Tolstoy or Chekhov, and why?

FatAndy
28-07-2010, 13:09
Hi Moskauerin,
Thank you!

Most of things I read are connected with business, no time unfortunately for the rest of the life. I understand it's not good, but just it's so now and here.

To be honest I hate classic Russian authors, because of long fruitless discussions of different moral/spiritual issues.

Moskauerin
28-07-2010, 14:28
Pity to hear that! But thanks for the answer anyway.

tukiva
28-07-2010, 23:46
Fatandy i almost missed your hot thread!
what would you prefer- to swim in vodka river without possibility to drink or to be too lazy to get up from the sofa to take a sandwich (and while dying from hanger)?

FatAndy
29-07-2010, 00:00
Hi tukiva,
Thank you!

Strange dilemma, but second (it is so already). It's not comfortable to swim in vodka - it burns eyes... ;)

tukiva
29-07-2010, 00:02
you don't need to dive though

FatAndy
29-07-2010, 00:08
No chance to keep them, I don't swim with head always out - only brasse or crawl.

tukiva
29-07-2010, 00:20
u lucky, my only style is what you described already- with a head out of water, as i f i m guarding it. Plus i can't dive either- my only effort finished at 3 meters deepth and i don't know exactly who was scared more-me or fishes

FatAndy
29-07-2010, 00:24
Well, 3 m is not bad for beginning... it's the matter of practice - I just had enough of it on vacations at Azov sea, Yeisk, where my aunt lives, then trained in swimming pool in my city, then in diving sporting section of Uni...

pjw
30-07-2010, 17:39
Good to see FatAndy on the seat.......

Have you ever been to any social events that you read about on forum? Ever met up with some people from forum?

FatAndy
30-07-2010, 20:12
Hi Pete,
Thank you!
No social events visited yet... unfoftunately with this crasy density of life it's very difficult to scrape out a piece of time for just usual table talk... my shame... 8((((

I had a couple of meetings with Kevin (kapione) - we live at ~500 m distance between buildings, and second time with his fellows...

Also I visited several photoclub meetings headed by Shannon Heng - there were Kartoshka, Mirka, IanG, Evan and other forum members...

pjw
30-07-2010, 21:10
Cool Andy. A couple of people you mentioned I've met too. Mirka and Kevin. Good people. Are you going back to Ukraine this summer or have you just come back? Is it also hot?

Swordfish90293
30-07-2010, 21:19
Andy...what is your favorite Soviet and modern Russian military aircraft?

FatAndy
30-07-2010, 21:32
Hi Swordfish,

Thank you!
I'm very peaceful, as all of Soviet people, so... since childhood it's An-24 (mil. mod. -24T, -26, -34) - can land everywhere ;)

Pete, I've been to my hometown at April, for my father 70th anniv. Maybe will visit again at Aug end. No, not hot, just usual - +35C at summer :D

pjw
31-07-2010, 02:54
No, not hot, just usual - +35C at summer :DSeems like quite a cool chilling place after 42 in Moscow. Do you have waves where you go for holidays Andy? Or is it a river culture in Donetzk region? не плохо, не плохо! :lovepot:

FatAndy
31-07-2010, 10:18
Yes, my parents have dacha not far from Svyatogorsk, near Seversky Donets river. It is very nice recreational area - chalk cliffs with oaks, lindens, ash-trees, pines (wild plus cultivated).

TD
07-08-2010, 05:58
feel free at anytime to find a replacement for yourself... of course you are welcome to stay longer if you really want :-)

AussieinMoscow
07-08-2010, 12:31
Have we got someone new yet?
Or should we think of more hot questions for Andy? In this hot weather it shouldn't be hard.

trancophile
07-08-2010, 12:33
I think you just nominated yourself!

FatAndy
09-08-2010, 17:17
Thank you, Aussie!

White cold dry Chardonnay in beer' mug helps me a lot to fight afgainist heat and smoke! 8)))

AussieinMoscow
09-08-2010, 21:19
Thank you, Aussie!

White cold dry Chardonnay in beer' mug helps me a lot to fight afgainist heat and smoke! 8)))

Andy thats a lot of chardonnay! But if it works, I might find a beer mug!

FatAndy
09-08-2010, 22:18
No, it is not. Usual wine glass is around 170 ml (6 fl. oz), so it's only 3 glasses. No problems - 1L Tetrapak perfectly fits 2 mugs. :D

BrandonL
09-08-2010, 23:00
Mr FatAndy... I have a very serious question for you.

Captain Kirk...or Captain Picard?

FatAndy
10-08-2010, 11:13
Sorry, Brandon, I don't know these noble and brave (probably?) guys - we didn't serve at army together ;)
Could you make brief description, please? then I'll decide ;)

canadian
10-08-2010, 11:31
Sorry, Brandon, I don't know these noble and brave (probably?) guys - we didn't serve at army together ;)

Oh no he didn't............ and its picard all day every day :mml:

BrandonL
11-08-2010, 09:46

Nope, you must choose by random guess then!

Choose wrong, we kill you, choose right, we don't kill you)

FatAndy
11-08-2010, 10:58
Kirk sounds stronger then. Him!

BrandonL
11-08-2010, 12:11

You have choosen wrong.....

May some greater star trek power strike you down!

FatAndy
11-08-2010, 12:17
Terrible. What is star trek power? 8)

You have choosen wrong.....

May some greater star trek power strike you down!

martpark
11-08-2010, 13:17

I agree. No one in 20 years is going to be doing Picard impressions.

FatAndy
11-08-2010, 15:11
Well, I don't know who are them, really, just word "Kirk" sounds stronger, and that's all :)

I agree. No one in 20 years is going to be doing Picard impressions.

martpark
12-08-2010, 16:05
Here they are:

James T Kirk

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:2yEQRXUl6utVqM:http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/30-jahre/kirk-rifle.jpg&t=1

Jean-Luc Picard

http://startrekcostumes.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/startrek-picard.jpg

FatAndy
13-08-2010, 12:25
Thanks! Is Kirk dentist and Picard - a kind of cosmonaut/astronaut?

canadian
13-08-2010, 13:17

My Man please google both, or better wikipedia Star Trek, cause william shatner is going to be very upset with you.........

FatAndy
13-08-2010, 13:25
For what?

My Man please google both, or better wikipedia Star Trek

My condolences to him... but why? Have I peed to his borsch?

cause william shatner is going to be very upset with you.........

martpark
13-08-2010, 13:25

Kirk's a high school teacher and Picard is a doorman at a very nice hotel. ;)

FatAndy
13-08-2010, 13:31
Oh! Very useful jobs... for society. ;)

FatAndy
16-08-2010, 12:56
Hi everyone,
I'll be having problems with availability due to vacation, comments there:
http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=714234
;)

TD
19-08-2010, 06:29
Thanks Andy for your heroic stretch in the Hot Seat - have a great holiday :sunny: