PDA

View Full Version : Info for when the water will be turned off?

P.I.M.P.
17-05-2005, 11:40
There was a site somewhere run by the municipal gov. with a schedule for water shut-off periods by neighborhood.

Anybody have the link?

plastique
17-05-2005, 12:03
it's off...i am so happy. way to go out of Moscow in style.

corp_fin
17-05-2005, 13:14
There was a site somewhere run by the municipal gov. with a schedule for water shut-off periods by neighborhood.

Anybody have the link?

Surprisingly enough, in Russian only

http://www.mosgorteplo.ru/1071.shtml

rosieredwood
17-05-2005, 13:22
It's simply mindboggling that this is still a topic of conversation in Moscow. You'd think that most landlords would invest in a water heater, but, no. I seem to remember a documentary-style show on TV here recently, where the interviewer (Russian) asked a caretaker in London for how long hot water is usually shut off at any one time (1-2 days maximum). When told about the month-long shut off in Moscow he was amazed -- he couldn't believe it.

Surok
17-05-2005, 13:37
Surprisingly enough, in Russian only

http://www.mosgorteplo.ru/1071.shtml

thanks, corp_fin!

Shara
17-05-2005, 14:02
too late for me. mine is already off and will be til the first. man that water is COLD. Can't even stand to wash dishes because it freezes my hands!
Should have stayed in Vietnam...

Benedikt
17-05-2005, 14:44
the schedule there is fine, since i can read russian,BUT we are not serviced from / by 'mosenergo / mosteplo' or so it seems, since our street is not there..
anyway, it does not bother me for 5000 rubles we installed long time ago an nice waterheater that is enough for shower and washing the dishes, but in SUFFICENT quanity and heat also...
check out krokus city 'tvoi dom' they have super offers there... and even if it is for a month only, the money is well worth investing...

Kseniya
17-05-2005, 15:33
I hate cold water at home is summer! when these planned repairs will be finally over??? never? not in this country? :cussing: :suspect: :rolleyes:

equalizer
17-05-2005, 16:27
It's simply mindboggling that this is still a topic of conversation in Moscow. You'd think that most landlords would invest in a water heater, but, no. I seem to remember a documentary-style show on TV here recently, where the interviewer (Russian) asked a caretaker in London for how long hot water is usually shut off at any one time (1-2 days maximum). When told about the month-long shut off in Moscow he was amazed -- he couldn't believe it.
london does not have mains hot water,all individual buildings have thier own boiler and hot water storage cylinder,he may have ment cold water as this is the only water local authorities supply in the uk.
the caretaker must have thought mains cold water

equalizer
17-05-2005, 16:31
I hate cold water at home is summer! when these planned repairs will be finally over??? never? not in this country? :cussing: :suspect: :rolleyes:
this is ever year,and always will be ,i think we should feel lucky having mains hot water at the turn of the tap ,in the uk i recall if two in my family had a bath there would be no hot water left until it headted up again ,the storage cylinder.
here i always have my cylinder on standby from middle of may and it takes 20mins to heat up plenty for two whole baths