PDA

View Full Version : Gym without instructor

Fairy Cake
14-05-2005, 00:53
Do you think it's possible to visit a gym without using an instructor's services...?

I mean can one make a program himself? are there any sites on the net which give some tips on how to plan your trainings, how long you should work on one machine, what muscles are trained with what and so on...? I tried searching on the net and bookstores... but with no success... only gyms' advertisements...

at the club near my place I can afford only either visiting the gym or hiring an instructor at the same time... and I'm more inclined to use the first one... :rolleyes:

monkey-girl
14-05-2005, 11:07
Do you think it's possible to visit a gym without using an instructor's services...?

I mean can one make a program himself? are there any sites on the net which give some tips on how to plan your trainings, how long you should work on one machine, what muscles are trained with what and so on...? I tried searching on the net and bookstores... but with no success... only gyms' advertisements...

at the club near my place I can afford only either visiting the gym or hiring an instructor at the same time... and I'm more inclined to use the first one... :rolleyes:

I consider it absolutely normal (not taking private training programme). If you don't have any health problems and aware of how to use the equipment (if not they will explain during your first visit). Besides some clubs include asisstance in making your programme into price you pay for your membership.

Another option is just taking a few private lessons/trainings so to see how it all works.

You should also take into consideration that some people are not recommended to use those machines/devices but to take yoga, etc. lessons instead.

The best bi is to ring or visit the club you intend to buy a membership from and ask for their assistance letting them know (or even insist) that you plan on training yourself.

Sobranie
27-05-2005, 14:34
if u tell me your weight, height, age, what you want to achive from your work out I can write U a program quickly. U should change your program every 3 month at a minimum.

Anyway its not a problem if you want. Just need the basic information and can e-mail it to you.

ghost 6-3
27-05-2005, 15:05
Why on earth would you want to change your program quarterly? My orthopedist forgot to mention that one.

Sobranie
27-05-2005, 15:27
It depends on the intensity of your work out and what you want to achive. If its bigger body parts and toning or weight loss etc etc or if your male and femail but if your working out to achive results the body needs variety of exersise. over a 3 month period of doing the same routine you can lose 20% of the results because the same muscles are working and become used to the actions performed. If you just throw in a change every so often you will get better faster results. This also cures the bordom factor and keeps you interested in turning up. Generally the body needs to be shocked, its a living organism (obviously) so it can adapt to regular routine stress.