PDA

View Full Version : Registration info

Kingwillhe
12-05-2005, 15:31
I have just initiated the procedure for the renewing of my registration yesterday. I thought this had to be done every six months but the rules have recently changed or else I have just been made aware of an existing rule which relates directly to ones last entry date into Russia. Since I am on a 1 year Biz ME Visa my agency tells me that this next registration period is to start from the last entry stamp in my passport and does not actually carry on from the expiry date on the registration stamp! This means that since I reentered Russia April 28th, this new registration period will start from there and not the May 17th expiry date on the last registration stamp. This also means that these registration stamps are not (in an odd retroactive kind of way) necessarily for six months if you are on a ME Visa and depending on how frequently you travel, could be for much less!!

This agency does my yearly visa for me and have been pretty accurate with their interpretations of the rules.

Proper Bostonian
13-05-2005, 08:48
Your agency is absolutley correct. I've experienced the same thing. The whole thing is such BS - they should allow registration for therm of one's visa. Total rip-off & idiocy - what else is new?

eastmarch
13-05-2005, 11:52
Please tell me that I am mis-understanding you, and that I do not have to re-register at OVIR every time I leave and re-enter the country. Please.

Kingwillhe
13-05-2005, 12:28
Please tell me that I am mis-understanding you, and that I do not have to re-register at OVIR every time I leave and re-enter the country. Please.
You are mis-understanding me. Feel better?

You do not have to re-register every time. I'll use easy dates here for clarity.

If you get a stamp on Jan 1 with an expiry date of June 30 but you left the country and re-entered on say March 1rst, when you go to get your new stamp on June 30 the new one will begin on March 1rst and will have an expiry date of Aug 30 and not the expiry date of Dec 30 which is what you might have expected. They are not actually for six months duration and depend entirely on your travel habits!

eastmarch
13-05-2005, 12:53
Okay, I can live with that. It's incredibly annoying and stupid, but I can live with it.

Somebody just told me that business visas in Ukraine were now incredibly easy to deal with. Anyone for Kiev?

equalizer
13-05-2005, 14:29
visa to kiev ,visitors are now stopped if you are from the eu its hastle free