PDA

View Full Version : Why, If, etc

Darya Alexandrovna
13-07-2010, 13:50
If everyone knows how to live in a right way, why nobody does it??? WHY?

I will be back
13-07-2010, 15:30
Really nobody knows the right way, just think they know. Or if smb knows it usually cant follow this way, cant set a priorities in his life

Max77
13-07-2010, 15:33

The right way often the hardest one...

Darya Alexandrovna
13-07-2010, 15:37
But still each and every one feels to be right! And feels it's significance;)

2ndWind
13-07-2010, 15:38
I don't know your definition of "right way" but I live in accordance with my understanding of a "right way" - with a couple of exceptions. I don't get enough physical exercise and don't eat enough leafy green vegetables.

franzewich
13-07-2010, 15:47

Darya, there is no "right way"!

Robert Machado once said: "You walker, there are no paths; only the traces of the wind on the sea!"

Life is vibrant, sexy, ever changing - try to change with it! :)

Fibre
13-07-2010, 15:48

To my mind it`s interesting to make mistakes, and who said that U always know the right way. Everything is changes every moment we live, so U can only suggest using your intuitions in some situation.
Anyway it`s only your life to decide what`s right or wrong for U at this moment. And I can say it`s a nonsense to think that u must have the only one unique answer - Yes or No

Darya Alexandrovna
13-07-2010, 15:59
Darya, there is no "right way"!

Robert Machado once said: "You walker, there are no paths; only the traces of the wind on the sea!"

Life is vibrant, sexy, ever changing - try to change with it! :)

Ah! So that's the right way...............

franzewich
13-07-2010, 16:15
Ah! So that's the right way...............

Yep! Follow your instincts - they are least likely to fail!

Don't expect a Yellow Brick Road in your life. Unless your name is Dorothy and you are wearing ruby red shoes! ;)

Go off-road, have fun!!!

Darya Alexandrovna
13-07-2010, 16:27
Yep! Follow your instincts - they are least likely to fail!

Don't expect a Yellow Brick Road in your life. Unless your name is Dorothy and you are wearing ruby red shoes! ;)

Go off-road, have fun!!!

I am Dorothy! And I do have a pair of ruby-red shoes;)

the point is I also know it. I am not asking for phycological support, but I ask a general question to get to see...

I want to ask you (all), are you happy? Do you always feel that life is beautiful? Or it is just a good mood today?
When do you feel bad?
Do you think that you're living in a right way? Because according to you, you must be a happiest person in the world, knowing this secret of life ))))

I am in an arguing mood today, nothing personal;)

franzewich
13-07-2010, 16:46
I am Dorothy! And I do have a pair of ruby-red shoes;)

the point is I also know it. I am not asking for phycological support, but I ask a general question to get to see...

I want to ask you (all), are you happy? Do you always feel that life is beautiful? Or it is just a good mood today?
When do you feel bad?
Do you think that you're living in a right way? Because according to you, you must be a happiest person in the world, knowing this secret of life ))))

Good for you, Dorothy! Who is your Toto?

Look, I am happy and in good spirits most of the time - but not every day! Yes, I admit, sometimes I'm a "grump", much to the dislike of my GF! And I easily accept when she is having a bad day and needs my shoulder to cry on! I am suspicious about people who are in a constant good mood - I've heard of so many "happy-smileys" who were found hanging in the attic one day.

We do have our ups and downs, that's normal. As long as the sunny days by far outnumber the dreary ones, it's o.k.!

And since you know, "Dorothy", about "Good Witches" and "Bad Witches", you know that life cannot be always bright. Just make the best of it! ;) ;) ;)

As for "living in a right way": Basically, there is not much that I really had to regret having done wrong in my life. Of course, I could have done some things better. But who could say different from him/herself?

Being "happy" every day? Would you want it to be X-Mas every day?

Viola
13-07-2010, 16:48
are you happy? Do you always feel that life is beautiful? Or it is just a good mood today?
When do you feel bad?

What this info will do to you? Will it make you happy? Or miserable? Is arguing mood a happy one?

Ian G
13-07-2010, 16:55

I think the answer is clear. We are conflicted. We have a number of different parts of our brain that do different jobs. They fight.

So- we have an instinctive part of our brain that wants immediate satisfaction ("FOOD NOW!" or "SEX NOW!" or SLEEP NOW!" or "PUNCH HIM NOW!"). This part is very important- it keeps us alive. It can also be dangerous.

And a part of our brain that uses logic and can assess consequences ("NO! That would not be sensible/ appropriate" or "I can't do that, my wife would be angry" or "He's twice as big as me").

Also a part of our brain that makes moral judgements- which are not always logical ones. ("I can't do that, it'd be wrong." )

Obviously there are lots more parts of the brain but think of those 3 parts fighting each oter all the time. Like in the game "scissors, paper, rock". Sometimes instinct wins, sometimes logic, sometimes moral judgement. If I practice I can make the logic or moral judgement stronger. Instinct is naturally strong.

And of course they are all specific to me. Your instincts , logic, and moral judgement will be subtly different from mine.

dontcallme
13-07-2010, 17:24

Have you been burnt recently?

Unfortunately we all have different ideas about what is right and there's barely a human being alive who truly knows what they want and even less who know how to communicate this.

Unfortunately we're often scared to be who we really are as we can easily get labelled and as much a front as we like to put on it does affect almost everyone.

bob
13-07-2010, 20:24
Unfortunately, there are options everywhere...

It is said that there are 2 paths to life, the right path & the wrong path, the easy way or the difficult way, however there are no set definitions for the right or the wrong, it is very personal and open to individual interpretation.

My feeling is that the right way & wrong way is related with vices like greed, insecurity, jealousy. if you are submitting to your vices, you are on the wrong path and if you are fighting against the vices, you are on the right path.

why one chooses to follow a certain path is defined by his character...

MickeyTong
13-07-2010, 20:45
Do you always feel that life is beautiful?

Life is NOT always beautiful....there are some aspects of reality that are hideously repulsive.

YouTube- Dead Can Dance - The Host Of Seraphim

bob
13-07-2010, 20:58
[COLOR="YellowGreen"]are you happy? Do you always feel that life is beautiful? Or it is just a good mood today?

Some days I am happy and some days I am sad...I guess if each day was the same, it would not be fun. I would not look forward to tomorrow as a challenge filled with uncertainty. One would have to be a super human to be always happy or a real loser to be always sad.

Do you think that you're living in a right way?

Absolutely though there is always room for improvement...

I am in an arguing mood today, nothing personal[/QUOTE]

keep it coming...are'nt we all ?

Darya Alexandrovna
13-07-2010, 21:07
What this info will do to you? Will it make you happy? Or miserable? Is arguing mood a happy one?

No, why?!
You're playong, I am playing... what's wrong? ;) Or is it something wrong to you? Hope, not!

Viola
13-07-2010, 21:08
No, why?!
You're playong, I am playing... what's wrong? ;) Or is it something wrong to you? Hope, not!

Just curious :)

Darya Alexandrovna
13-07-2010, 21:09
To bob: Want to say THANKS many times:)

Darya Alexandrovna
13-07-2010, 21:12
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL, ISN'T IT?

It is like we all here are logic factories;)

bob
13-07-2010, 21:18
To bob: Want to say THANKS many times:)

Welcome many times

Willy
13-07-2010, 22:22

I believe we have two minds, one tells us to smoke, drink do drugs, hate, over eat and be greedy. It is the voice you hear in your head that talks to you non stop and always tells you the wrong things, it lies to us and confuses us.

To find your true mind you need to stop this one, the only way to do that is though meditation, this mind is the real you, know all the answers.

Why don't you try yoga?

franzewich
13-07-2010, 23:25
... look what I found for you:

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm... Always do what you are afraid to do... Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." – Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If you want to succeed, you have to forge new paths and avoid borrowed ones." – John Rockfeller

“The natural path of life has its own duty and therefore its own harmony” - Confucius

Now You got me contemplating myself ... :question:

franzewich
13-07-2010, 23:26

Why don't you try yoga?

I tried, but I always fell over ...

OlgaT
13-07-2010, 23:31
Who told you that rubbish? ;)

Willy
14-07-2010, 00:04
I tried, but I always fell over ...

You shouldn't do it while drinking.

I tried and my legs got stuck together, stayed like that for two days until the wife got back from visiting her mom.

franzewich
14-07-2010, 00:57

Look at it it from this side, now that the FWC is over: Before the game there are people who know precisely which team will win; and after the game they know precisely why that team had lost.

Such is life! Don't let the hypocrits get you down! ;) ;) ;)

franzewich
14-07-2010, 01:08
You shouldn't do it while drinking.

Why? I thought heavy drinking was an essential part of the yoga experience? :11581: Like sex! Somebody should have told me! :mad:

I tried and my legs got stuck together, stayed like that for two days until the wife got back from visiting her mom.

Maybe try again with shaved legs? Hair can get rather sticky when too long!

Jack17
14-07-2010, 03:13
I believe we have two minds, one tells us to smoke, drink do drugs, hate, over eat and be greedy. It is the voice you hear in your head that talks to you non stop and always tells you the wrong things, it lies to us and confuses us.

To find your true mind you need to stop this one, the only way to do that is though meditation, this mind is the real you, know all the answers.

Why don't you try yoga?
Wooooooh partner, that's a lot of voices and talking in one head. Are these your voices or someone elses'? Did any of them ever tell you to kill someone?

My true mind (and I think I only have one) just tells me some things that feel good are the same things some people think are bad. Not much discussion to it.

bob
14-07-2010, 09:16
YouTube- I Love Living Life. I Am Happy.

Willy
14-07-2010, 11:51
Wooooooh partner, that's a lot of voices and talking in one head. Are these your voices or someone elses'? Did any of them ever tell you to kill someone?

My true mind (and I think I only have one) just tells me some things that feel good are the same things some people think are bad. Not much discussion to it.

I know this is a little deep for you.

No they are not mine and you know or I hope you know what I'm talking about, everyone has it and so do you, the only difference is I try not to listen and yes it has said to me "kill someone" "hate" "be greedy". You think these are your own thoughts but they are not. Try to stop it's talking I bet you can't do it, try letting your mind go without a thought even for just a few seconds.

shurale
14-07-2010, 13:18

My Dad isn't here with his belt in hand.

kassandra
14-07-2010, 13:30
The right way often the hardest one...

If it is hard then it cant be right for you!!!
You can find your personad right way only being guided by the feeling of happyness. For sure.

Willy
14-07-2010, 13:39
My Dad isn't here with his belt in hand.

Don't worry if your dad doesn't do it, the world will.

YouTube- Instant Karma - John lennon

Fibre
14-07-2010, 14:01
Life is NOT always beautiful....there are some aspects of reality that are hideously repulsive.

YouTube- Dead Can Dance - The Host Of Seraphim (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJhVM930YXY&playnext_from=TL&videos=p7nFewyGNDM)

true. we`re only complaining how bad we feel, what we couldnt achieve nowadays and we don`t think of other people who have more difficulties than we have.

Darya Alexandrovna
14-07-2010, 14:32
It never helped me to compare with others. We all have different paths&ways. Other person's sorrow doesn't add positive feeling to me, you know...:5387:
Do you know the difference between a strong and a weak?
Strong person does not complain, he trusts.
Weak person complains.
Strong person does not ask, he suggests.
Weak person asks.
The clue is if you are Independent of the other person's reaction or not...
if you are Ready to hear "NO"...

:)

I don't know why, but everytime I post something say...problematic, people think I have a problem. Sorry, but I don't ;)
Or is it my problem that I feel so?;)
:zoom:

martpark
14-07-2010, 14:53
It never helped me to compare with others. We all have different paths&ways. Other person's sorrow doesn't add positive feeling to me, you know...:5387:
Do you know the difference between a strong and a weak?
Strong person does not complain, he trusts.
Weak person complains.
Strong person does not ask, he suggests.
Weak person asks.
The clue is if you are Independent of the other person's reaction or not...
if you are Ready to hear "NO"...

:)

I don't know why, but everytime I post something say...problematic, people think I have a problem. Sorry, but I don't ;)

Other people's problems aren't supposed to give you a 'positive feeling'. They are supposed to give you a reality check.

franzewich
14-07-2010, 15:27

Yep, people seem to think that simply being curious and inquisitive is already a problem. ;)

Talk about things, if you feel like; somebody will listen to you and understand. Others won't understand and make fun of you. That's life, just grin and ignore it!

In Germany we say: "Shared sorrows are half the sorrows; shared joy is double joy!" That is so true! Where there is light, there must also be shade.

I think you are a great gal - keep going! :hooray:

kassandra
14-07-2010, 16:28
true. we`re only complaining how bad we feel, what we couldnt achieve nowadays and we don`t think of other people who have more difficulties than we have.

What is the point to compare yourself with somebody in a worse situation?
I dont think it can help to improve your life.

All you need to do is just set the goal wich is really attractive to you and find the enjoyable way to achieve it :) The key word is "enjoyable" :)

MickeyTong
14-07-2010, 16:35

It won't improve your life, but it will improve your attitude.

kassandra
14-07-2010, 16:38
It won't improve your life, but it will improve your attitude.

Really????

MickeyTong
14-07-2010, 17:05

For you, personally, maybe not. I don't know you, what your personal background is or what your personal standards of achievement are.

But many people believe that their personal circumstances are "unfair": other people had a better start in life, other people have privileges and opportunities which "I" don't have.

When you compare yourself to those who are in a worse situation you can gain more appreciation of your own freedom and privilege and power to control your life. You have choices which people in a worse situation don't have: consider this when you think your options are limited.

Fibre
14-07-2010, 18:42
For you, personally, maybe not. I don't know you, what your personal background is or what your personal standards of achievement are.

But many people believe that their personal circumstances are "unfair": other people had a better start in life, other people have privileges and opportunities which "I" don't have.

When you compare yourself to those who are in a worse situation you can gain more appreciation of your own freedom and privilege and power to control your life. You have choices which people in a worse situation don't have: consider this when you think your options are limited.

Another reason - when U help another people to overcome their difficulties U forget about yours. In this case at least U realize one day that U have no problems at all

Fibre
14-07-2010, 19:00
YouTube- I Love Living Life. I Am Happy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ZuKF3dxCY)

For me

YouTube- Garbage. I'm only happy when it rains.

Jack17
15-07-2010, 01:49
I know this is a little deep for you.

No they are not mine and you know or I hope you know what I'm talking about, everyone has it and so do you, the only difference is I try not to listen and yes it has said to me "kill someone" "hate" "be greedy". You think these are your own thoughts but they are not. Try to stop it's talking I bet you can't do it, try letting your mind go without a thought even for just a few seconds.
Just kidding Willy. You're the sanest person I can think of.

Women ask me all the time, "What are you thinking?" I tell them the truth - "Nothing." Now, I understand why these women ask me this, because, as I'm sure you know, women are always thinking. They can't believe when some man is staring out into space with a blank expression that they are not thinking about something, they suppose (hope) you're thinking about sex with them or when you can get rid of them, or something - but in my case it really is nothing.

Now, I like the idea of Yoga, want to do it. But all the Yoga classes where I live, you know, Highway 101, surfer dudes, you got the picture, all these classes are filled with women. Now, if I sign up for one of these classes will I be the only reaper in an unharvested field; or, will all these gals be turned off that I'm the only guy? Well, I suppose, nothing ventured, nothing gained - I'll let you know how it works out.

Willy
15-07-2010, 02:00

Women ask me all the time, "What are you thinking?" I tell them the truth - "Nothing." Now, I understand why these women ask me this, because, as I'm sure you know, women are always thinking. They can't believe when some man is staring out into space with a blank expression that they are not thinking about something, they suppose (hope) you're thinking about sex with them or when you can get rid of them, or something - but in my case it really is nothing.

Now, I like the idea of Yoga, want to do it. But all the Yoga classes where I live, you know, Highway 101, surfer dudes, you got the picture, all these classes are filled with women. Now, if I sign up for one of these classes will I be the only reaper in an unharvested field; or, will all these gals be turned off that I'm the only guy? Well, I suppose, nothing ventured, nothing gained - I'll let you know how it works out.

Oh man!

Being the only guy is like hell for women, they'll all try to get your attention.

Stay at the back of the class notice what they wear the first time you come and see who puts on sexier outfits the next time.

Jack17
15-07-2010, 02:15
Oh man!

Being the only guy is like hell for women, they'll all try to get your attention.

Stay at the back of the class notice what they wear the first time you come and see who puts on sexier outfits the next time.
I knowed ta do dat. I'm go'na be in a good popa viewing position!

Willy
15-07-2010, 02:18
I knowed ta do dat. I'm go'na be in a good popa viewing position!

Ya don't ya just love being a sexist bastard!

Swordfish90293
15-07-2010, 08:01

Thinking of 'nothing' has proven to be quite therapudic, as in 'empty one's mind...'. I try to empty as often as possible in order to make room...

kassandra
15-07-2010, 08:53

Am sort of agree with you. But then again it makes sense to compare yourself with those who WERE in a wprse position but managed to overcome.

Otherwise you get yourself stuck in troubles: "I am unhappy :( but everybody around me is unhappier! So it is absolutely normal to be unhappy and i shouldnt do anything about it". So you dont even try...

MickeyTong
15-07-2010, 14:53
Am sort of agree with you. But then again it makes sense to compare yourself with those who WERE in a wprse position but managed to overcome.

Otherwise you get yourself stuck in troubles: "I am unhappy :( but everybody around me is unhappier! So it is absolutely normal to be unhappy and i shouldnt do anything about it". So you dont even try...

Indeed, people who overcome adversity can be a great inspiration and encouragement, because they can change our beliefs about what is possible, about what we are allowed to become.

Getting "stuck in troubles" is a form of learned helplessness, which may need a lot of work and help to remedy.

Viola
15-07-2010, 15:10