PDA

View Full Version : Man is not god

shurale
08-07-2010, 21:59
then you saw a lifeboat full of children with a helicopter hovering over it. there was a middle-aged woman might have been a jewess sitting up in the bow with a little boy about three years old in her arms. little boy screaming with fright and hiding his head between her breasts as if he was trying to burrow right into her and the woman putting her arms round him and comforting him although she was blue with fright herself, all the time covering him up as much as possible as if she thought her arms could keep the bullets off him. then the helicopter planted a 20 kilo bomb in among them terrific flash and the boat went all to matchwood. then there was a wonderful shot of a child's arm going up up up right up into the air a helicopter with a camera in its nose must have followed it up

What book is the text above from?

NLD
08-07-2010, 22:49
1984 by George Orwell. Google Books helped a lot :)

shurale
08-07-2010, 23:13
1984 by George Orwell. Google Books helped a lot :)

Thank you. What do you think of this book?

Gypsy
09-07-2010, 18:48
No man is not god.

Man is real.

NLD
10-07-2010, 13:29
I haven't actually read the book (I'm not that keen on reading books), but the ideas brought forth in it are quite interesting. It's had such an impact, that "1984" now often refers more to the ideas portrayed in the book, than to the book itself :)

soleil888
10-07-2010, 13:44
я читать "1984". это быть потрясение.

shurale
11-07-2010, 15:56
What do you think people of the excerpt I had posted?
What do you think of this
the woman putting her arms round him and comforting him although she was blue with fright herself, all the time covering him up as much as possible as if she thought her arms could keep the bullets off him.?

shurale
13-07-2010, 16:07
http://www.christianfilmfestival.org/

YouTube- Christian Youth Film Festival 09 Promo/Highlights

YouTube- International Christian Film Festival 2008

Is there a Christian film that shows how men of god killed Amalekite infants with swords and spears?

1 Samuel 15
1 Samuel said to Saul, "I am the one the LORD sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the LORD. 2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy [a] everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' "