PDA

View Full Version : eight weeks late

vanessa1
08-05-2005, 10:03
hi i have a problem and need some advise ! i am eight week late for my period and done numerous amount of pregnancy tests i have had one postive result but since then have had a negative one.what can be going on i am so confussed and have to wait till tuesdat to see my gp! pregnancy is something me and my partener have been wanting too so its really nerve racking :happymad: if anyone can give me advise please reply or email me on holmeserin001@aol.com

Shatneresque
08-05-2005, 18:24
hi i have a problem and need some advise ! i am eight week late for my period and done numerous amount of pregnancy tests i have had one postive result but since then have had a negative one.what can be going on i am so confussed and have to wait till tuesdat to see my gp! pregnancy is something me and my partener have been wanting too so its really nerve racking :happymad: if anyone can give me advise please reply or email me on holmeserin001@aol.com
The answer is quite simple: on one of your tests, you had either what is called a "false positive" or a "false negative" result. Since you haven't had a period in two months, the odds are in favor of the latter.

You don't mention if these were home pregnancy tests, but I suspect they were.... What you need now is to have a third test, done by a qualified professional in a regular clinic.

And if you miss a third period, I think it's safe to say, "Yup, you're pregnant, all right!"

Mrs. Reboni
09-05-2005, 10:22
Vanessa, the only way you can really be sure is to have a blood test to confirm you are pregnant. There are commercial over the counter pregnancy test that can detect HCG hormones very early on. But you could also be missing your period if for example you are severly underweight. Judging by what you said, you probably are pregnant. Are your breast bigger, do you have a keener sense of smell? These were my first signs. But then again everyone is different. Get the bloodtest, it's the only positive.

Good luck and best wishes.
Mrs. R