PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

caseyg15
08-07-2010, 14:40
Hello,

I am writing this letter because I am at a loss and my future right now is hanging by a thread. I am a Russian citizen and planning to marry. My fiance is Algerian and before coming here he recieved a paper that he is "not married" in his country. In Moscow this paper was translated/notorized, signed by Algerian counsulate as well. But in order to get married this papaer needs to be legalized in Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Moscow. The problrm is that they are refusing to take it, asking the counsulate to write them a letter saying that my fiance is not married and the counsulate is sayin that this paper has all the legal power as it is signed. Does anyone know what we can do or maybe someone has a friend who is married to an Algerian.
Please helps us..before our family breaks without even having started...

zingo
08-07-2010, 14:58
Hum it is not connected to your question, but I wish you good luck to support the difference in the culture, in the way of life and the way of think between Russians and Algerians.

I got to know a few people who got married with Algerian men, all marriages broke quickly, one of them even turned into a drama when the husband wanted his wife to stop working and stay at home. The German cops delivered the (German) girl.

Well well, so good luck anyway :)

About your document you should have legalized it in Algeria, with the Apostille. It c an be done only there.

Ian G
08-07-2010, 16:05
Hello,

I am writing this letter because I am at a loss and my future right now is hanging by a thread. I am a Russian citizen and planning to marry. My fiance is Algerian and before coming here he recieved a paper that he is "not married" in his country. In Moscow this paper was translated/notorized, signed by Algerian counsulate as well. But in order to get married this papaer needs to be legalized in Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Moscow. The problrm is that they are refusing to take it, asking the counsulate to write them a letter saying that my fiance is not married and the counsulate is sayin that this paper has all the legal power as it is signed. Does anyone know what we can do or maybe someone has a friend who is married to an Algerian.

Hellocaseyg15

I think the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is is correct- they want a document from the Algerian consulate. It is not necessary for your fiancee to provide papers from his own country- everything can be done in Moscow. It is a standard consular service. (I am British and the British Consulate in Moscow provides this service. I assume the Algerian Consulate is the same. Have you spoken to them?) The reason is that the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs does not know which official bodies in Algeria can provide such a certificate, or what it should look like. Nor does a Russian notary. This is why the MID wants a letter from a body they know and trust- an Algerian Consulate in Russia.

So- good luck, and speak to the Algerian Consulate, show them the list of documents required by the MID, and explain what you need. It's part of their job.

Judge
08-07-2010, 18:35
Deleted posts.please keep on topic..

The OP asked a question about documents ,if you can help her then fine, no need to get personal and ask her questions about her personal life.

Judge
08-07-2010, 18:40
Hello,

What Ian G said...

Try and talk to the counsulate and get them to write you a letter,make sure what it's in the letter is what the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Moscow wants..
Good luck, hope all works out for you..

Bels
08-07-2010, 20:39
It appears that the Russian authorities are making a very simple and common request. That all foriegn documents must be legalised or what some know as being appostilled. Make a search in the Algerian language of course, such as legalising, appostil, documents. There should be a website that has to do with Algerian government that will provide you this service. What you do is to send them the document, and they will appostil it for you. It;s basically an international stamp of approval, and has been done been agreed by some international convention. However the problem arises if Algeria hasn't got an agreement with the Geneva convention, then the Russian Ministry of foriegn affairs must assist in legalising your papers.

I suggest you make the search on google, and see what comes up. For example if I searched legalise documents UK I would find the authority who would legalise my document for a nominal fee. This would apply to mos countries.

Another clue is that it is likel your country's Mininistry of Foriegn affairs who will offer you this service. Same as UK.