PDA

View Full Version : Dry Cleaners - The Sequel

Moscow Wolf
06-05-2005, 11:53
I know that this question gets asked many times on here, but the level of service IMHO is either low to middle at best. Its time for me to get some booze stains off some good suits and I have to get them dry cleaned. I prefer the places that clean the clothes on the premises, like in Ramstore City; that way you have someone to blame directly when your expensive suits come back with the same stains they went in with and you have 'tram lines' for trouser creases! :evilgrin:

So which chains of dry cleaners are providing the best service these days? I often see a dry cleaners (they use an English cross of St George flag in their trade mark, but the actual name I've forgotton) in my local 'expensive' supermarket and thought about giving them a try with a suit or two later today.

P.I.M.P.
06-05-2005, 15:07
I've tried just about every drycleaner in Moscow over the years and they all pretty much suck. Stay away from the Diana chain. They'll ruin your clothes and say it was your fault and slam the phone on you.

The only decent cleaners I've used regularly is Contrast. They have a 24 hour location at Azbuka Vkusa on Mayakovskaya.

http://www.contrast-cleaners.ru/index_e.html

If your'e a WW2 veteran, they'll clean your military uniform for free before the 10th of May :)

Moscow Wolf
06-05-2005, 15:12
If your'e a WW2 veteran, they'll clean your military uniform for free before the 10th of May :)

Bet they don't clean mine, its got 3 Iron Crosses on it. wink.

Thanks for the info, some things just don't change here do they.

DPG
06-05-2005, 16:49
They have a 24 hour location at Azbuka Vkusa on Mayakovskaya.

Cripes! - For once there is something that I need, reccommended as decent by someone else that is a mere few minutes walk from home! Wonders will never cease!

boscoe
08-05-2005, 03:03
Cripes! - For once there is something that I need, reccommended as decent by someone else that is a mere few minutes walk from home! Wonders will never cease!
I've also used them and had (fingers crossed) no problems with them so far...

Willard
08-05-2005, 18:20
Where / what is Azbuka Vkusa on Mayakovskaya?

P.I.M.P.
08-05-2005, 18:54
Where / what is Azbuka Vkusa on Mayakovskaya?

It's a supermarket on the garden ring.

http://www.azbukavkusa.ru/index.asp?tr=a69329#

Willard
09-05-2005, 12:34
cheers

Moscow Wolf
19-05-2005, 15:43
Yeah, it was Contrast Cleaners that I used too. Very meticulous with their checking of the items for cleaning, even asked me if I knew which cocktail exactly got split on my suit. I said you should ask the bloke in the Hard Rock! Anyway, very successful. I shall try their home pick-up and delivery next time save the hassle of standing in line.