PDA

View Full Version : Anchorman - Complete Garbage

Halyavshik
04-05-2005, 10:48
I'm usually a big Will Ferrel fan. I liked him in Elf and Old School, and when he was on Saturday Night Live. But "Anchorman" is utter rubbish. It's like Vince Vaugn, Ben Stiller, Ferrel, Jack Black et al are making movies just so the others can have cameos in them. You'll laugh at maybe one or two gags, maximum.

Avoid this flick like the plague.

TD
05-05-2005, 10:19
I actually enjoyed it...

The one I really want to see though is the new Woody Allen movie starring Will - that should be interesting :-)

TrininMoscow
05-05-2005, 15:31
The structure of the screen play is naturally flawed incredibly simplistic and therefore easy to anticipate. I own the dvd ad have watched it all the way through only once. I can't bring myself to watch the ending ever. Indeed the movie substitutes cameos for real acting. Tim Robbins is shamefully unfunny, "looks like we're gonna have a bilingual blood-bath."

Still, I find it amusing to quote the occasional line from the movie to a friend. "I love lamp, I love carpet." or "I know what your thinking and the answer is yes, I do have a nickname for my penis, I call it the octagon." Still most of this humor will fail to amuse anyone who can't channel their inner 14 year old. I think the Jazz flute scene is nearly priceless however. "hmm, that's baby makin' music thats what that is" to aqualung. I saw it coming, but I was still delighted.

People in the obshag even seem to like it. I had a frenchy asking me the other day, "can we watch televedushi again please?" Maybe that's a sign it really stinks though.

Halyavshik
11-05-2005, 02:03
I'm usually pretty in touch with a fairly immature sense of humor (as I'm sure a few on this site can attest to). I was expecting to be rather amused the way I was with, say, Sandler in Waterboy. And I admit that there were a few amusing moments, but it just seemed to me that this film couldn't decide whether it wanted to be tongue-in-cheek witty or outright slapstick (I mean, what was that part with what's his name losing his arm) ?