PDA

View Full Version : Tell us what info you need to find on this site.

Harry
03-05-2005, 21:00
As some of you may have noticed, I like collecting and systematizing links (to be honest, we are a group of friends :bookworm: :bookworm: but I am the chief registrar!). Please post or PM your requests as to what categories you want to see in our Expat Index. I have my own ideas but your input is greatly appreciated.

To those who PMd me with the additions to the existing list above: please resend, the edit function didn't work at that time and now when I was preparing the update, I couldn't access my old PMs for some reason.

adityatulsian
19-05-2005, 18:09
I wud be moving to moscow in few weeks from India. Would like to know about the driving licence permit in moscow. Are international licence valid?

Harry
20-05-2005, 03:35
I wud be moving to moscow in few weeks from India. Would like to know about the driving licence permit in moscow. Are international licence valid?Yes, it is valid but it must be translated into Russian, and there can also be some other conditions and limitations. Details can be found here http://www.gai.ru/questanswer/?dep=9 (sorry, only in Russian)

joners66
20-05-2005, 09:24
Yes, it is valid but it must be translated into Russian, and there can also be some other conditions and limitations. Details can be found here http://www.gai.ru/questanswer/?dep=9 (sorry, only in Russian)

Altough it was a few years ago I used to drive on an international passport that I got in the UK and there was already a page in it in Russian.

Harry
20-05-2005, 22:20
We were talking about international licences, not international passports - which indeed have Russian pages in them.

equalizer
21-05-2005, 10:36
I wud be moving to moscow in few weeks from India. Would like to know about the driving licence permit in moscow. Are international licence valid?
no point to visit the gai site unless you speak russian ,so i can tell you two options 1,translate it at your consular dept at your embassey or go to a legal firm who will translate it and notorize it ,truthfully the first is better,and is excepted by gai in moscow.

Harry
22-05-2005, 01:53
no point to visit the gai site unless you speak russian ,so i can tell you two options 1,translate it at your consular dept at your embassey or go to a legal firm who will translate it and notorize it ,truthfully the first is better,and is excepted by gai in moscow.No point to dismiss the gai site as in addition to these two options there are also a few limitations described there, so it's worth trying to find a Russian speaking friend