PDA

View Full Version : Working in Paveletskaya - where to live? Tips please for 30yr old single English male, with standard interests of beer, football and pool!

ba8mki
30-06-2010, 20:03
Hi all,

I am visiting Moscow next week to hopefully comfirm a job working in the Paveletskaya area. I have asked the HR person to recommend some areas to live, but from being an expat before in Eastern Europe I think it might be wise to ask fellow expats where the most suitable places would be.

Im rapidly approaching 30, English, and recently single and am looking for a place which will allow me to chill when need be, but allow me to meet people for beers after work without having to travel to the otherside of town home after a pint. Im also looking to play football and watch the big games in the pub so Im hoping there might be an area of city which is perfect for my every need!

At this stage when I arrive Im open to both my own place or a flat share, but I know that I will need to move quickly to find a place ready to move in to.

Any help massively appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Cheers, Matt

tvadim133
30-06-2010, 20:41
M.Paveletskaya, M. Novokuznetskaya, M.Dobryninskaya.

I can not say that to live next ot the train station is good, that's why I would recommend more M.Novokuznetskaya.

Though at Paveletskaya the prices for renting will be lower a bit (just a bit).

In Moscow the most important thing is to live as closer to the office as possible.

Besides from M.Paveletskaya, M.Novokuznetskaya it will take 6-10 minutes by Metro to come to Tverskaya area where there are a lot of restaurants and pubs of different kind.

What does you HR department recommend?

Rhubard Geoff
30-06-2010, 21:34
AS the previous poster said the area of Zamoskvareka is ideal, close to Novokuznetskaya/Tretyakovskaya metros. Pyatnitskaya has lots of bars/restaurants and the area is very quiet on a weekend as it has a lot of business centres. You can walk along the canal to Paveletskaya.

tasel
01-07-2010, 01:17
Try Kievskaya, Belorusskaya, Chistie prudi, Kurskaya...

SeaJay
01-07-2010, 11:03
I've been living in Chistye prudy area and been working at Paveletskaya.... can't complain.
C.p. is full of bars, small and cozy restaurants,etc...I love to live there!:beerbros:

paul crabtree
01-07-2010, 11:45
well it depends how much you want to pay for apt and it would be nice to live clouse to your work
need help -french real estate agency Fleur de lys
www.f-d-l.ru
+7 495 626-6262
you can call and ask
cheers

Darya Alexandrovna
01-07-2010, 12:14
All mentioned above is in the center. If you are going to trevel by metro - any lockation at brown line will suit you. Green line is great. Agree with TVadim. I was myself living at Novokuznetsaya last year, and Pyatnitskaya street seemed to be as a corridor in my apartment, close, cozy and very familiar. Know each and every place there.
As per some practical questions, if your work is confirmed, when shall you start? I know a nice place for sharing where soon a vant room will be availiable. It is situated at park kulturi, brown line as well, so would be quite convenient for you. And walking distance from Old Arbat, packed with caffes, pubs, etc. So if you are interested, let me know. May be I would be able to help you.
Ah, and another option has crossed my mind, an apartment at Belorusskaya, green line. My friends are leaving for Malta for a few years, and the apt where they stay (directly from the owner who stays abroad) will be free as well.
So good luck to you!:)

ba8mki
02-07-2010, 13:15
Thanks guys. The tips are really appreciated. I have been checking out each district you recommended, and looking to see what is available.
Im waiting for the office to get back to me with what they propose. My general feeling is sharing will allow me to live in the center which looks more fun after work and weekends, vs living 5 + stops away from the center alone - as in most cities, so I think the major factor is availability (if I get the job).

Once again, thanks.
Cheers, Matt

Max77
02-07-2010, 16:08
For playing football you'd better contact expat football league - there have been made several posts here on this forum. It seems they manage quite well everything - pitches, fixtures, teams and drinks as well.
Otherwise it will be hard to find anything suitable in the area you're looking at.

:10475:

ba8mki
03-07-2010, 14:06
Thanks. I had seen a couple of posts by the guys, and I actually logged on now to send them an email now I have some approximate dates.
Have a great weekend.
Cheers, Matt

ntm
08-07-2010, 18:51
Radio City at Mayakovskaya seems to be very popular for expat football fans (at least it has been for the world cup so far!) - anywhere around that area, going south down Tverskaya would be ideal if you don't mind the hustle and bustle... Would say that it would be better than being on the southern side of the river, especially as the metro would be quick on the green line for you to get to work.

I'm a similar age from the UK, but female (here with my football loving partner) and we always end up in Tverskaya area at the weekends, despite living in Arbat area...

Have fun in moscow!

zinmaster
09-07-2010, 10:01
Paveletskaya is convenient, but a lot of what you're looking for is not 'right there.' However, given it is on the Green line and on the Sadovaya, you might look toward the Noviy Arbat to Mayakovskaya area.

Near the Mayakovsksaya/Barrikadnaya metros are lots of good place to get out on the town, but also the 'peace' of the Moscow Zoo/park areas. You can easily drive (or be driven) to Paveletskaya on the Sadovaya, and the Mayakovskaya metro is the Green line - so a straight shot to 'work.'

Living on that side not only has the easy commute benefit, but also puts you in a good place to head for Sheremetevo and Domodedevo airports - important if you are going to travel.

:idea:
Pay attention to which side of Sadovaya you pick too - get on the side which allows 'simple' right turns (e.g., outside of Sadovaya if you live in the areas described above) to avoid long trips just to turn around.

Good luck!

Tomchik
14-10-2010, 18:42
Hi all,

I am visiting Moscow next week to hopefully comfirm a job working in the Paveletskaya area. I have asked the HR person to recommend some areas to live, but from being an expat before in Eastern Europe I think it might be wise to ask fellow expats where the most suitable places would be.

Im rapidly approaching 30, English, and recently single and am looking for a place which will allow me to chill when need be, but allow me to meet people for beers after work without having to travel to the otherside of town home after a pint. Im also looking to play football and watch the big games in the pub so Im hoping there might be an area of city which is perfect for my every need!

At this stage when I arrive Im open to both my own place or a flat share, but I know that I will need to move quickly to find a place ready to move in to.

Any help massively appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Cheers, Matt
Hi, Kurskaya is good. Its near to you and dead easy to get to the centre and out to some parks. There are some good pubs around there and restaurants. Not to mention shopping centres, leisure and cinemas.

barry
04-11-2010, 22:59
you can find a lot of apartments for rent and Novokuznetskaya str, would be ideal...5 to 10 min walk to Pavaletskaya

Croesus
21-01-2011, 02:44
While Novokuznetskaya is totally great, for a tighter budget Kolomenskaya might seem a viable option. There's a huge park, the infrastructure's alright, and 50.000 roubles a month would easily get you a somewhat renovated apartment of 3 rooms.