PDA

View Full Version : Da Parade

Bibo
29-04-2005, 17:14
It seems to be a causa perdita... but I prefer to ask

I always wanted to see a big parade with all the tanks and stuff.. Is there some possibility of getting in the center on the 9th of may?

Shatneresque
29-04-2005, 17:27
It seems to be a causa perdita... but I prefer to ask

I always wanted to see a big parade with all the tanks and stuff.. Is there some possibility of getting in the center on the 9th of may?
Do what I once did: take the metro to Pushkinskaya, flash your foreign passport at the policeman at the foot of the escalators, and say "McDonald's!" I was waved through immediately and spent the rest of the day talking to a bunch of war veterans on the Boulevard Ring.

Pushkin Square is where all the units form up once and for all before they go marching down Tverskaya, so I had a grandstand seat for everything! :thumbsup:

DJ Biscuit
29-04-2005, 17:28
Do what I once did: take the metro to Pushkinskaya, flash your foreign passport at the policeman at the foot of the escalators, and say "McDonald's!" I

LOL! PMSL!!!

Chubby Hubby
29-04-2005, 17:35
Will they allow gays to march in the parade? Will they be members of Saturday Night Live's Gay Communist Gun Club?

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/88/88cgunclub.phtml

You see, Communism without homosexuality is like.. I don't know.. a May Day parade without a feather boa.

Benedikt
29-04-2005, 18:26
... this time on red square, you might be able to see some hardware in poklonnaya gora, where another parade will be, if they let you in /out there...
there will be no problem to get out on pushkin square to go to mc d, but down tverskaya there are different exits also and i don't think flashing you american passport will have much effect. sorry to dissapoint you. on the other hand if you GET through and tell me, i have no reason to not believe, i buy you a beer at the TRAMPLIN....

equalizer
29-04-2005, 19:36
i tried to drive down tverskaya claiming i was going to get sausages from john warrens apt with a frown on his face the policemen said no , it didnt work then with the help of the 100ruble translation i was flagged on.
come on john get the marketing moving those musks claim to be famous