PDA

View Full Version : where to buy fireworks

equalizer
29-04-2005, 10:31
going to the datch for the may weekend and usually buy fireworks from a magazine behind the english school on dimitrovka ,does anyone know anywhere else ,for what i pay we dont usually get a lot and the prices are the same as new years

monkey-girl
29-04-2005, 10:57
Try Paliha street kiosks, they have a wide variety of fireworks.

metro station Novoslobodskaya

Green Tea
29-04-2005, 10:58
going to the datch for the may weekend and usually buy fireworks from a magazine behind the english school on dimitrovka ,does anyone know anywhere else ,for what i pay we dont usually get a lot and the prices are the same as new years

Can't really help you with WHERE to buy :)

But I can share a funny story, I was in SpB 3 weeks ago and bought some fireworks in a Produkti. 33 Rubles for a box of 12 big things that I figured would be like Black Cats (about 10x1cm big). So, one night back in Moscow after a few beers I decided to test my new fun toys by turning off my bedroom lights, opening the window and tossing one of these big firecrackers down on the street. :verycool: Holy crap! The thing was easily a 1/4 stick of dynamite!!! Huge bang and the concussion was enough to set off about 15 car alams :rolleyes: No way you could buy something like that back home for 2.75 Rubles !!! I'm planning on Ka-Boom-ing many things up this weekend out at the Dacha :) :devilish: :watching:

equalizer
29-04-2005, 11:19
yeah i can beat that ,back in 96 when moscow was a little less safe than it was today my friend and i purcased a cs gas pistol ,and after feeling more secure we thought we better try it out to see does it work ,so we opened the window and fired a shot then wind blew some cack in and my eyes were stinging all night ............moral of the story dont play with guns

Green Tea
29-04-2005, 11:49
yeah i can beat that ,back in 96 when moscow was a little less safe than it was today my friend and i purcased a cs gas pistol ,and after feeling more secure we thought we better try it out to see does it work ,so we opened the window and fired a shot then wind blew some cack in and my eyes were stinging all night ............moral of the story dont play with guns

Don't you need a permit to buy those gas guns? I looked in a shop once and was told that I needed to show my permit before they would open the show-case and let me look at their merchandise. Or maybe back in scary 1996 it wasn't required?

equalizer
29-04-2005, 12:12
if you really needed a permit for everything you were supposed to need a permit for ,then a lot of us would have nothing .and to your question ...yes