PDA

View Full Version : lost my metro card

TrininMoscow
29-04-2005, 00:38
I had a student metro card that was pretty swank, 160 roubles a month, and doubled as a bank of moscow card. But a gypsy picked my wallet so now I am back to regular tickets.

Now, in the US, all I would have to do is call someone and they would send a new one, but I'm guessing its not that easy here. Can anyone tell me where to start?

Halyavshik
29-04-2005, 09:31
Off topic: Are you a Trinity student ?

TrininMoscow
29-04-2005, 10:30
Yeah sure am!
But that's Trinity College, CT USA

not Dublin, Oxford, Cambridge Texas

Halyavshik
29-04-2005, 12:53
Yeah sure am!
But that's Trinity College, CT USA

Is there really any other worth mentioning ? :)

veejay
29-04-2005, 13:10
do they still have the brilliant film festivals there? for about a year after i moved here, i was still receiving the schedules from trinity...sigh...great stuff!!!

Halyavshik
29-04-2005, 13:23
Long time since I been there. I don't remember a film festival. I vaguely remember the Cinestudio movie theatre.

Actually, the whole 4 years is pretty vague. I kinda remember this period with no parents, lots of beer and something called "classes". That must be it.

Benedikt
29-04-2005, 16:42
one way to start maybe would be to call that place that ISSUED your card? or is that impossible, was it issued in moscow? i am not familiatr with these things..
if the card was issued in you homecountry, what about you embassy?
and i suppose 'everyone' will ask if you have reported you loss to the (metro) police?

veejay
29-04-2005, 16:51
Long time since I been there. I don't remember a film festival. I vaguely remember the Cinestudio movie theatre.

Actually, the whole 4 years is pretty vague. I kinda remember this period with no parents, lots of beer and something called "classes". That must be it.

that's it...cinestudio...was trying to remember what it was called, and couldn't remember!!!

they had a few series / film festivals -- german, gaybila, and others throughout the year. went to see the remastered version of Lawrence of Arabia one weekend with a few friends. it was great, but too bloody long, even with the intermission when they were changing the reels.

i was in grad school in storrs (snores, anyone?!), and we used to head into hartford on weekends for the martini bar (can't remember the name of that either!)...at least when we weren't buried in work, in NYC or boston...

sigh...

TrininMoscow
29-04-2005, 18:02
Whoah another Bantam in moscow! Kick ass! What a small world!

What year were you?

Did you study Russian with Lahti or Any?

boscoe
30-04-2005, 14:56
Whoah another Bantam in moscow!

we prefer to call him a cock ;)

enrico palazzo
29-05-2005, 08:37
welcome aboard.

Wesleyan '92

Prokupchika
29-05-2005, 12:35
Just buy a new metro card- they're not exactly expensive, are they? I mean, if you'd lost your six month season ticket for the London Underground then yeah, report it and try and get a replacement but a whole month's travel here costs well under £10.

Actually, you could try asking for a replacement and see what reaction you get.....

P.M.
29-05-2005, 17:11
Might I recommend getting a whole year pass for about $.50, yeah thats fifty cents a day, unlimited number of entries????? I bought mine last year’s for only $130 some dollars, that is nothing compared with paying each month 10 Sterlings or $20 US rubles each month...

RDV
30-05-2005, 18:14
I had a student metro card that was pretty swank, 160 roubles a month, and doubled as a bank of moscow card. But a gypsy picked my wallet so now I am back to regular tickets.

Now, in the US, all I would have to do is call someone and they would send a new one, but I'm guessing its not that easy here. Can anyone tell me where to start?

Well, where did you start to get the first time? :confused: Perhaps you could go the same way this time...