PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Season 2005

Sapientia
26-04-2005, 14:58
(thanks for the sports board mods)

The 2005 Cricket season is due to start shortly and the combined Australian/British side is looking for keen players to join us.

We're also interested in any corporate sponsorship offers. If your company is interested in the idea of a mob of hungover/drunk cricketers stumbling around the field with your corporate logo on their tops, let me know.

saladinb
29-04-2005, 13:58
Any generous soul willing to teach an ignorant Yank about the game?

KieranL
30-04-2005, 17:29
Hi there,
I'm a freelance journalist and I'm researching expat sports in the city. Could you tell me more playing cricket here please? Like when and where you meet, more about your team, who you play against, that kind of thing. It'll be free publicity for your team if nothing else!
Thanks,
Kieran

sdass
02-05-2005, 09:42
Cricket in Moscow has been Played Around for more than 10 Yrs Now, Initially we started playing with Tennis Balls as there were lack of Grounds but over the past 5 years the " UNITED CRICKET LEAGUE" has achived Great Support from the cricket Playing Expats in Moscow. Players are mostly from India/Autralia/Pakistan/England, SriLankans/ & Some Dutch & S.Africans.

The Matches are played at MGU ( Moscow state University, Baseball Ground) and this yeear to improve the quality of the Competition, Organizers have Accepted only 6 Teams, compriisng of 3 Teams in 2 Groups, The best Two in each Group advance to Second Stage where they Play Teams from Other Group, The top Two Teams will Play the final on 21t August 2005.
The Tournament starts on 22nd May at 9.AM AT MGU Grounds.

In the past UCL had organised Cricket Trips to Holland and have played competitive cricket with Dutch Clubs and Talks are currently going on to make a trip to Cyprus or Prague.

We Invite Corporates to Sponsor the League, for more information, you can reach me at sanmul@yahoo.com or Jayson at jayleo76@hotmail.com.

Truly,
Santosh

saurabh
04-05-2005, 11:55
Hi!
Can ypu plz tell me whether you play with stiched leather balls now?
And is the level of games,players very high?
Just asking coz got an offer last year and the year before to play for a couple of teams in this tournament but couldn't due to exams!!
Thanx

msa
04-05-2005, 12:24
Saurabh, We have been playing in complete cricket kit since the last 5 years atleast. All required gear is used in playing, including helmets original cricket balls, pads, gloves, abdomen guards so on and so forth.
It is being played in a professional way since the last 5 years and is getting more and more organized. Tapped ball cricket is not played in this tournament which is organized by United Cricket League (Regd). If you have played cricket with a complete kit at hand and would like to try yourself here, then you are most welcome to join. Please be aware that the tournament starts from the 22nd of May and there are six teams and draws have already taken place, as Santosh mentioned earlier.

Please feel to write or ask if anything else.

Cheers
MSA

ronaldo
09-05-2005, 20:28
i am desperate to play cricket. and can think of at least two of my friends who are also. i am an all rounder and play to a reasonable level. can you let me know your details..

ronaldo
09-05-2005, 20:29
thanks!

tomthumb
10-05-2005, 10:44
Played for my institute for four years. Batsman and keeper. A bit out of practice though.

nathan_sundar
21-05-2005, 19:19
(thanks for the sports board mods)

The 2005 Cricket season is due to start shortly and the combined Australian/British side is looking for keen players to join us.

We're also interested in any corporate sponsorship offers. If your company is interested in the idea of a mob of hungover/drunk cricketers stumbling around the field with your corporate logo on their tops, let me know.

hi i'm a bowler and i would like to play for any team. just for the sake of playing. can you tell me the details? i'm very desperate to play.

oldtramp
23-05-2005, 18:16
if you want to watch live cricket try www.sportingstreams.com show loads on there and 1.00 per week

encore
24-05-2005, 00:22
so guys.....whats happening in the moscow league????

nathan_sundar
24-05-2005, 15:41
sunday the league started and gourav patils team won the match. i dont know the name i think its friends they won and it was pretty a onesided match as i heard

ronaldo
24-05-2005, 17:10
this is all fascinating, but i'm still not getting me any closer to a game of cricket. :) If anyone is looking for players i'm still interested!!

nathan_sundar
28-05-2005, 16:14
hello guys i just finished my 100ths post and today i went to play cricket in the united league . actually i went there to be selected in a team. and wow i've been selected in the FRIENDS . guess every one know that team. if you dont then i'll say. that is the team which played finals with SONNET last year. They didnt win the cup though. Any way they are a very good team considering the fact that the players of friends are approximately 40 years old. I was astonished by the interest in those guys. And Mr. MAS here he is a really very much motiveted guy. I would say that he almost dedicated his life to sport. He plays TT, Football, Cricket etc., I wonder whether i would be fit to play by 40 years. Those guys are real good. I'm proud to be in their side. hope we win this time. I'm kind of lucky for my team. Most of the matches i played i never lost. Lets see my luck in FRIENDS.