21-06-2010, 17:50
I am not a fashion addict.
I am not a shoping addict.
But I am a style admirer.
And I want to share with you
this link that inspires me sometimes
when I remember to check it.

http://www.thesartorialist.blogspot.com

Here you can find best examples for ladys & gentlemen as well!!!

Enjoy!

who says that fashion is not art?!

xSnoofovich
21-06-2010, 17:59
Skirts for men are popular this year ! :0

http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/62010Pblushorts_4647Web.jpg

Mirka
21-06-2010, 18:08
I just came back from my holiday in France. I couldn't stop staring at people. Seriously.
Everybody wear comfortable clothes with great style and almost NO HIGH HEELS. AWESOME! For a change I didn't feel like from another planet walking round in my Campres :)

FlakeySnowballer
21-06-2010, 19:18
I will be second ))

I hate heels. I wear only comfortable shoes
I hate glamour especially glam sport (it is disgusted:yuk:)
I hate all kinds of sarafans and dresses
I like Italian style.
I am jeans,velveteen jackets and t-shorts fan.

Bonifaciy
21-06-2010, 19:43
Well tastes differ:D
http://galyavud.f5.ru/post/245377

Darya Alexandrovna
21-06-2010, 21:21
As for myself, I am more interested in the image in general. If you feel that this dress requires heels, ok.
But in general I don't like wearing heels too. I understand which looks you mean, Mirka.)))
But also, if Moscow or any other cities seem to be full with heels and something tasteless, I suggest you going to visit Vladivostok! This is the most interesting place I saw. Imagine that it is so hilly that you always go either up or down, never even flat surface. And all girls all year round wear heels, very high heels, very short skirs and it all MUST glitter!!!

Bonifaciy
21-06-2010, 21:58
Vladivostok` style

tvadim133
21-06-2010, 22:10
As for me, I like when people are stylish, but for me to be stylish does not mean to be glamourious, for sure or to be like a freak.

May be some criteria which make perceive and feel this or that person stylish or she/he is not;

1. accurate or not?

It is applies to both clothes, shoes, hairdress, smell (you know) and even manicure (though I notice it only on women)

You know, expenisive dress, long heels, but a hairdress like after the explosion at the macaroni factory (I mean real explosion, not "a piece of art" like some "barbers" can do for 300 eu) are not stylish things.

2. suits a person or does not:

Clothes (make up, parfumery, accessoirs) should underline your merrits and hide your drawbacks (not visa versa)

If you have bandy legs (it happens), mini skirts are forbidden.

If you have overweigt (from 10 kg), hooped dreeses, t-shirts, shorts or trousers are forbidden (the same if the size your ass is from 30% of your body space).

Clothes should be continutaion of your personality, preferably.

Expressions of the face are the most important thing to me.

3. Clothes and looks must be good looking, but not too extravagant.

The combination of colours must be beautiful and nice to see, not extravagant (yellow trousers and green jacket are attractive, but irritating very much)

As less show off as possible: 3 kg of Gold on the neck look funny on any persons, especially, if he/she is not at the ball, but just going to the open market to buy some cucumbers and meat.

Ornaments, jewelry, accesories are needed to underline your mood, your personality, you taste but people wear as many of them as possible to show how much money are in the pocket or think that it is great to look like a X-mas tree every day, even on the beach.....

FlakeySnowballer
21-06-2010, 22:37
(yellow trousers and green jacket are attractive, but irritating very much)

i don't feel irritation in that case i feel irritation when see a man dressing in a white suit with Guffy tie on the neck

Darya Alexandrovna
22-06-2010, 09:18
I love the devercity of human types, styles, shapes! And I love when a person, understanding her/his special traits can skilfully underline/hide it.

You can see something that can never be applied to you, but looks terrific on somebody else.

I love creative and brave minds, though being smart and reasonable according to time&place.

I can sit hours enjoying good-looking people.
What about you?

mrgospodin
22-06-2010, 10:21
beauty is in the eye of the beholder and logic is in the eye of the logician. I think both applies when it comes to looking good. One should carefully select colours, styles, accessories, etc. according to their personalities & taste. I feel that "simple is good". The more simple the looks are, the more cute a person looks. Lastly but most importantly, it is very important to look clean...

bob
22-06-2010, 10:49
clothes maketh man or man maketh clothes ?

I feel one needs to be comfortably dressed. The style is probably not in clothes but how one presents oneself in ones attitude...

Mirka
22-06-2010, 13:04
Seems like I was too busy at work :) The conversation went quite far since yesterday :)

Don't get me wrong. I wear high heels. Sometimes I just have to, specially with some business clothes. But the thing is I have no idea how some girls can stand to wear them for whole day. My feet hurts after like 2 hours.

I actually had high heels yesterday with this French style dress and now listen: so I am walking in the perechoed from Pushkinskaya metro to Tverskaya street and what do you think happened? My heel got stuck in one of these canal holes but so much that I couldn't pull it out. So I had to take of the shoe, step barefood on that dirty floor and pull the shoe with my hands. Hillarious! Well done Mirka! Couple of days ago we were discussing this situation with my friend I was in France with, how funny it is when it happens...and here I go! :)))))

Mirka
22-06-2010, 13:17
clothes maketh man or man maketh clothes ?

I feel one needs to be comfortably dressed. The style is probably not in clothes but how one presents oneself in ones attitude...

I agree. I recon it shouldn't be that we pick up clothes based on what is fashionable at the moment but what suits us.

Some people are just absolutely great to pick what they wear! I met this adorable lady in France. Absolutely beautiful, stylish, well accessorized, she was perfectly wearing her age and everything what she put on wore her. Inspirational!

MissAnnElk
22-06-2010, 13:22
I agree. I recon it shouldn't be that we pick up clothes based on what is fashionable at the moment but what suits us.

Some people are just absolutely great to pick what they wear! I met this adorable lady in France. Absolutely beautiful, stylish, well accessorized, she was perfectly wearing her age and everything what she put on wore her. Inspirational!

Oh, the French are genetically programmed to accessorize properly. No one can wear a scarf like a French person.

And I agree: they all wear flats. Very tasteful or charming shoes, but generally flats or a very modest heel. But the shoes are always of a high quality. Or at least look that way.

Darya Alexandrovna
22-06-2010, 13:25
I actually had high heels yesterday with this French style dress and now listen: so I am walking in the perechoed from Pushkinskaya metro to Tverskaya street and what do you think happened? My heel got stuck in one of these canal holes but so much that I couldn't pull it out. So I had to take of the shoe, step barefood on that dirty floor and pull the shoe with my hands. Hillarious! Well done Mirka! Couple of days ago we were discussing this situation with my friend I was in France with, how funny it is when it happens...and here I go! :)))))

:11629:
Right! Same situation happened to me several times, so when I see "danger" I start chosing my root carefully in the way to avoid it happens again!
Hilarious and irritating if you're in a hurry

tvadim133
22-06-2010, 13:29
Oh, the French are genetically programmed to accessorize properly. No one can wear a scarf like a French person.

And I agree: they all wear flats. Very tasteful or charming shoes, but generally flats or a very modest heel. But the shoes are always of a high quality. Or at least look that way.

But besides good stylish clothes make the world or the life be nicer.

Can you impagin all people forget about beauty but just comfort.

All people are in black and grey, lage T-shirts and so on.

and surely, dress code is important in some cases.

At least, I do not like when people go to Opera in wearing T-shirts and shorts.

You would definetly fail your intreview, if you came to it in putting on too much casual clothes.

Special events must be underlined somehow, even for you it is not very special but for others.

Mirka
22-06-2010, 14:45
But besides good stylish clothes make the world or the life be nicer.

and surely, dress code is important in some cases.

You would definetly fail your intreview, if you came to it in putting on too much casual clothes.

Special events must be underlined somehow, even for you it is not very special but for others.

Surely you are right at a lot of points like interview or dress code at work or Opera proper style.
I believe this is more about the 'style mistakes' than the 'proper fit' and more about everyday clothes more than these special occations.

I am business during the week so very much appretiate the casual weekend style. Opera always dressed up.

There is one thing which is seriously making me absolutely outrageously mad (sorry for this generalisation) and it is that most men judge by clothes (at least in Russia). So if one is dressed up (make up, prefect hair, slinky mini dress with showing more than hiding) going to some 'better club' there is so much attention that it is even annoying and not pleasing anymore but if one wears jeans, T-shirt and comfi shoes nobody even realize that girl.

yakspeare
22-06-2010, 15:02
well in both russia and australia i understood a strange thing.

i am a balding man and have been since i was 21 which was too darn early for my liking! as a result i also look older than i am.

if i dress well ,am clean shaven, and just have the hair there on the sides...i get very little interest from girls.

when i shaved my head completely bald, grow a goatee beard or a day's growth on the face and dress more like a thug or gangster in black jeans and black top etc....the interest increases so much it is truly incredible. expensive stylish suit is beaten by clothes that cost less than $100. Look like a thug you get the girls, look like a nice guy-you don't. so how is it that it is just men who judge on appearance....i go from " Go away Grandpa" to "come with me" just by losing my hair.

Mirka
22-06-2010, 15:42
well in both russia and australia i understood a strange thing.

i am a balding man and have been since i was 21 which was too darn early for my liking! as a result i also look older than i am.

if i dress well ,am clean shaven, and just have the hair there on the sides...i get very little interest from girls.

when i shaved my head completely bald, grow a goatee beard or a day's growth on the face and dress more like a thug or gangster in black jeans and black top etc....the interest increases so much it is truly incredible. expensive stylish suit is beaten by clothes that cost less than $100. Look like a thug you get the girls, look like a nice guy-you don't. so how is it that it is just men who judge on appearance....i go from " Go away Grandpa" to "come with me" just by losing my hair.

Sorry don't take me wrong. As I said 'sorry for generalization'. Of course it is not fair to judge everyone by one sentence first and second I can imagine girls are as much judgemental as guys. Only I was more thinking/talking about my friends/girls I hang out with.

But I have to agree - now not talking about the clothes cos I believe clothes doesnt matter that much - but come on 'just have the hair there on the side' compare to 'shaved your haed completely bald' - incomparable! Shaved head is just so much more sexy!

Sometimes I wish I can shave my head. Hair can be anoying sometimes really :)

Darya Alexandrovna
22-06-2010, 15:52
Again tastes differ;)
I like "hairy"guys in suits;)
Though it is also not a 100% rule.
It all depends................

Darya Alexandrovna
22-06-2010, 16:02
I think that to dress in a simple, smart&tidy way is much easier, then to dress a bit poshy (I don't mean glamour here) or colorfull or mixing colors and patterns and styles in such a way that you look attractive rather than funny or odd. And those people who do it sucesessfully owe my respect a lot.

And btw it was in russian tradition - a rich, flamboyant, complicated style (look at St. Basil's cathedral), but since looong time this tradition is lost. So russian girls tend to look bright, rich kind of..., but this lack of somehting (depends on person: culture,taste,money,attention and consentration) leads to poor results.

MickeyTong
22-06-2010, 20:45
Style comes from inside - some people can wear designer clothes and still look like a sack of potatoes.

Jack17
22-06-2010, 20:56
Style comes from inside - some people can wear designer clothes and still look like a sack of potatoes.
. . .and then, there's "Vladivostock Style."

MissAnnElk
22-06-2010, 23:53

I always thought we dressed nicely to attend the arts to show respect for the performers. It doesn't have to be tux and formal gown, but it should demonstrate respect.

J.D.
22-06-2010, 23:54
I always thought we dressed nicely to attend the arts to show respect for the performers. It doesn't have to be tux and formal gown, but it should demonstrate respect.

I was given the very strong impression that it was to show respect for one's wife.

MissAnnElk
22-06-2010, 23:58
I was given the very strong impression that it was to show respect for one's wife.

Ah, but you have a Russian wife, so that changes everything.

It's like how my gay-dar doesn't work with the British.

Jack17
23-06-2010, 00:12

Thank god, I thought I was the only one!

nbogaard
23-06-2010, 14:31

What is gay-dar?

AussieinMoscow
23-06-2010, 14:36
What is gay-dar?

A "Gay-dar" is like a radar. A persons ability to pick up on who is gay and who isn't.

nbogaard
23-06-2010, 14:47
A "Gay-dar" is like a radar. A persons ability to pick up on who is gay and who isn't.

I really cannot explain why I was not able to figure that out for myself. Ah, me.

FlakeySnowballer
24-06-2010, 10:28

One feel comfortable in T-shirt another in a mini skirt and in a corset...

Depends on the company and on the job. For example if you are going to interview as a game developer it would be ridiculous if you wear classical suit with a tie

FlakeySnowballer
24-06-2010, 10:38
There is one thing which is seriously making me absolutely outrageously mad (sorry for this generalisation) and it is that most men judge by clothes (at least in Russia). So if one is dressed up (make up, prefect hair, slinky mini dress with showing more than hiding) going to some 'better club' there is so much attention that it is even annoying and not pleasing anymore but if one wears jeans, T-shirt and comfi shoes nobody even realize that girl.

Are you sure that you need such kind of attention from such "men"?

If a girl do all that you wrote above (make up, prefect hair, slinky mini dress with showing more than hiding) obviously she wants to have sexual intercourse with a man or with men and men or a man feel her signal

Mirka
24-06-2010, 12:30
Are you sure that you need such kind of attention from such "men"?

If a girl do all that you wrote above (make up, prefect hair, slinky mini dress with showing more than hiding) obviously she wants to have sexual intercourse with a man or with men and men or a man feel her signal

Flakey it seems like we disagree on some topics quite frequently.

My point was that I don't like such attention first and second I absolutely disagree with 'obviously she wants to have sexual intercourse with a man or with men and men or a man feel her signal' cos there is a lot of girls no matter what they do - dress up or not - believe me they are not duing it to attract men and even less for sexual intercourse (at least that would be the description of majority of my 'girl' friends).

To be honest I consider to get sexual interocourse this way quite cheep and easy. I prefer some challenge ;)

FlakeySnowballer
24-06-2010, 12:55
Flakey it seems like we disagree on some topics quite frequently.

My point was that I don't like such attention first and second I absolutely disagree with 'obviously she wants to have sexual intercourse with a man or with men and men or a man feel her signal' cos there is a lot of girls no matter what they do - dress up or not - believe me they are not duing it to attract men and even less for sexual intercourse (at least that would be the description of majority of my 'girl' friends).

To be honest I consider to get sexual interocourse this way quite cheep and easy. I prefer some challenge ;)

So tell me that they don't want to flirt with men in that case )) or maybe they use such clothes even at home while they are preparing food for example :coffee:

Mirka
24-06-2010, 13:26
So tell me that they don't want to flirt with men in that case )) or maybe they use such clothes even at home while they are preparing food for example :coffee:

Hahaha :D ok I get your point :D

I have very simular pic in a very simular dress but red. I made the pic for one of my friends who was making fun of me for the reason that I always look too conservative. Then the reason why I was dressed up like this was I had to go that evening to 'We are family' which is not really my favorit place in town and if you want to get there you just HAVE to be dressed up like this. No intention for flirting at all since that was evening with our business partners.

FlakeySnowballer
24-06-2010, 13:44
Hahaha :D ok I get your point :D

I have very simular pic in a very simular dress but red. I made the pic for one of my friends who was making fun of me for the reason that I always look too conservative. Then the reason why I was dressed up like this was I had to go that evening to 'We are family' which is not really my favorit place in town and if you want to get there you just HAVE to be dressed up like this. No intention for flirting at all since that was evening with our business partners.

figured out, but my previous posts were about 'night club" not about business meetings and so on

tvadim133
24-06-2010, 21:30
Do not you think that people (girls) can wear such kind of dresses for pleaure (for themsleves) first of all.

Do you think, if my GF in going into a club with me puts on such kind of clothes, would like to attract someone else (for the reason you have described) or wants to attract me more (for her it is enough to do it at home, at least)?

Actually when I or my GF "prepare" for the night, we think more about the event and how nice we would like to look like there (or at least, if the clothes is convinient for the party).

The girl on the picture is very sexy indeed (it is a pity for many girls) and nice.

But as I see the dress is just underline she is fantastic even without the dress.

How few can be proud of it indeed?

tvadim133
24-06-2010, 21:47

One feel comfortable in T-shirt another in a mini skirt and in a corset...

Depends on the company and on the job. For example if you are going to interview as a game developer it would be ridiculous if you wear classical suit with a tie

Depends upon the job position indeed.

As for a game developer, I do not know, what it is.

But there are quite few "positions" (may be in a construction businesss, smth like a craner, a painter) where there is no preferable dress code at interviews.

BTW, I do not mean only business style, but al least smart casual.

You and your dress show your possible attitude to the company, to the interviewer and to yourslef.

FlakeySnowballer
25-06-2010, 23:00
Do not you think that people (girls) can wear such kind of dresses for pleaure (for themsleves) first of all.

Do you think, if my GF in going into a club with me puts on such kind of clothes, would like to attract someone else (for the reason you have described) or wants to attract me more (for her it is enough to do it at home, at least)?

Actually when I or my GF "prepare" for the night, we think more about the event and how nice we would like to look like there (or at least, if the clothes is convinient for the party).

The girl on the picture is very sexy indeed (it is a pity for many girls) and nice.

But as I see the dress is just underline she is fantastic even without the dress.

Those post was about lonely girls from night clubs dressed in a slinky mine skirt and so on

FlakeySnowballer
25-06-2010, 23:03
Depends upon the job position indeed.

As for a game developer, I do not know, what it is.

But there are quite few "positions" (may be in a construction businesss, smth like a craner, a painter) where there is no preferable dress code at interviews.

BTW, I do not mean only business style, but al least smart casual.

You and your dress show your possible attitude to the company, to the interviewer and to yourslef.

Do you think that google company has dress-code for instance?:10475:

tvadim133
25-06-2010, 23:16
Do you think that google company has dress-code for instance?:10475:

Yes (if for you it is an excuse). They insist they have "casuall only. so staff in suits are not welcomed.

It is a dress code as well.

But in case you go for the interview there, you need to ask them if it is OK you will come in casual (the answer will be SURE).

It is more an exception than a tendency.

you have not asked, than they will not be satisfied, you are in casual.

tvadim133
25-06-2010, 23:17
Those post was about lonely girls from night clubs dressed in a slinky mine skirt and so on

What posts?

Jack17
25-06-2010, 23:19

Oh, tvadim, Flakey's post rises to the immortal. "make up, prefect hair, slinky mini dress with showing more than hiding) obviously she wants to have sexual intercourse with a man or men"

Don't spoil it tvadim, I want to believe it's true, that's all that matters. "Oh moment stay, thou art so beautiful."

Doesn't it give hope to every man?

yakspeare
26-06-2010, 07:39
Rule number 1:

"make up, prefect hair, slinky mini dress with showing more than hiding) obviously she wants to have sexual intercourse with a man or men"

is generally true.

Rule number 2:

that man she seeks won't be me(or 99% of the guys who stare at her)

it is really quite arrogant the logic some have....she is dressing this way because she wants sex...ok even if you accept it as true...how do you then make the jump she is doing it special for you and you will be the lucky one to take her home(or failing that have an open invitation to grope her in public and so forth).

going ugly early was my old Navy motto...and then this can help:

YouTube- 9 Coronas

FlakeySnowballer
26-06-2010, 10:25
[QUOTE=yakspeare;685891]Rule number 1:

"make up, prefect hair, slinky mini dress with showing more than hiding) obviously she wants to have sexual intercourse with a man or men"

is generally true.

Rule number 2:

that man she seeks won't be me(or 99% of the guys who stare at her)

it is really quite arrogant the logic some have....she is dressing this way because she wants sex...ok even if you accept it as true...how do you then make the jump she is doing it special for you and you will be the lucky one to take her home(or failing that have an open invitation to grope her in public and so forth).

For example when i studied at school and at university some guys just asked such girls if they want "perepexnutsa" or no.

yakspeare
26-06-2010, 14:11
i have no idea what that means.

tvadim133
26-06-2010, 20:51

It means "Let's "boom-boom" (a russian slang world with meaning to have a 'fast" sex).

yakspeare
26-06-2010, 21:21
well idiot guys can ask what they like...doesnt mean the girl wants them in the least.

i will never forget the scene in uzbekistan where a group of uzbek girls was walking past a school. one of them had tight satin jeans on with a skirt over it...it looked like she had a very short skirt and leggings..but she was actually dressed in jeans so dressed quite normally(optical illusion). she was groped on the bottom by one uzbek guy and she started yelling at him. his reply was she was dressed like a prostitute and wanted it etc.

i was disgusted and rather punch him in the face for being a twat i came up to him and groped him on the butt infront of his friends too and said "qancha?"(uzbek for skolko/how much)...he was humilated, much like the girl had been. saying women are dressing for sex is not far from she deserves to be raped etc....such attitudes belong well and truly in the past.

tvadim133
26-06-2010, 21:53
May be at Flakey's school and university, it was normal, though I guess there is more a piece of fantasy of Flakey, probably.

In "my times" such kind of guys would have some troubles both from girls and normal men.

FlakeySnowballer
26-06-2010, 22:18
May be at Flakey's school and university, it was normal, though I guess there is more a piece of fantasy of Flakey, probably.

In "my times" such kind of guys would have some troubles both from girls and normal men.

These cases took place although it was not normal.

Willy
26-06-2010, 22:43
well idiot guys can ask what they like...doesnt mean the girl wants them in the least.

i will never forget the scene in uzbekistan where a group of uzbek girls was walking past a school. one of them had tight satin jeans on with a skirt over it...it looked like she had a very short skirt and leggings..but she was actually dressed in jeans so dressed quite normally(optical illusion). she was groped on the bottom by one uzbek guy and she started yelling at him. his reply was she was dressed like a prostitute and wanted it etc.

i was disgusted and rather punch him in the face for being a twat i came up to him and groped him on the butt infront of his friends too and said "qancha?"(uzbek for skolko/how much)...he was humilated, much like the girl had been. saying women are dressing for sex is not far from she deserves to be raped etc....such attitudes belong well and truly in the past.

Yeah right, they all would have beat you for being gay.

yakspeare
26-06-2010, 23:43
ok so now i am a liar too lol.

lets see four(maybe it was 5) Uzbek boys weight 55-65kg maximum versus a significantly taller Australian Rugby player and boxer who weighs 120kg. Just like the guy thought he could do this to a woman because he was a man and bigger- so i could also i do it to him. i made one uzbek boy, on another occasion, punch himself repeatedly in the face after he beat up his girlfriend in public....no one came to help him and he didn't fight back either. Only the very drunk have some crazy desire to actually fight me and i usually turn the other cheek when they do as i could really hurt them if i wanted to. I avoid fights like the plague but i will always help someone out in need.

Willy
27-06-2010, 00:06
ok so now i am a liar too lol.

lets see four(maybe it was 5) Uzbek boys weight 55-65kg maximum versus a significantly taller Australian Rugby player and boxer who weighs 120kg. Just like the guy thought he could do this to a woman because he was a man and bigger- so i could also i do it to him. i made one uzbek boy, on another occasion, punch himself repeatedly in the face after he beat up his girlfriend in public....no one came to help him and he didn't fight back either. Only the very drunk have some crazy desire to actually fight me and i usually turn the other cheek when they do as i could really hurt them if i wanted to. I avoid fights like the plague but i will always help someone out in need.

Well you believe in lies so I thought you were just going along with what you know.

yakspeare
27-06-2010, 00:45
and what lies are that?

Jack17
28-06-2010, 07:35
A f$$k buddy or a booty call yaks. As for your other post, speak for yourself. I know they are all looking just for me - or, at least I'll go to me grave believing that. As for "go ugly early" yeah, had the same expression in the US Navy - but I never did. Not early and not later. Remember, beauty is only skin deep; but ugly is to the bone.

Willy
28-06-2010, 09:17
and what lies are that?

No forget it, your a hero!