PDA

View Full Version : Tverskaja area

Michael0512
21-06-2010, 10:18
Hi!

I have a question again :)

How is it like living near Tverskaja metro station? Whats the name of this district?
Is it safe and clean?
crowded or not?
a lot of bars and restaurants?
How long does it take me to get from Tverskaja metro station to Paveletskaja metro station? (3 stops with the green line)
Anything to take into account when living there?

Kind regards,
Michael

tvadim133
21-06-2010, 10:33
Hi!

I have a question again :)

How is it like living near Tverskaja metro station? Whats the name of this district?= The name of the district is Tverskoy district)
Is it safe and clean?= it is, bit there are a lot of people always (both tourists, locals, oficce workers, shoppers, strangers, freaks), to much noise.;crowded or not?
a lot of bars and restaurants?- Yes
How long does it take me to get from Tverskaja metro station to Paveletskaja metro station? (3 stops with the green line)= 10 minutes, even less
Anything to take into account when living there? - No convinient and affordable food stores

Kind regards,
Michael

I would think about Paveletskaya, Novokuznetskaya or it is better Kolomenskaya-Avtozavodskay in your case (15 minutes to the city centre by Metro, car (if there is not traffic) and 5-7 minutes to Paveletskaya.

Quite safe and more fresh air (if you chose Kolomenskoye with a huge park next).

Max77
21-06-2010, 10:50
lots of girls sharking around, looking for their prey...
it's fun, but be careful with them!

Michael0512
21-06-2010, 10:58
The thing is I work near Paveletskaya metro station and I am going to live near Tverskaja metro station...so: too late to change...

"No convinient and affordable food stores"
- really? nothing? not a single metro, billa or anything else? I assume that there are only small supermarkets like seven eleven (I don't even know if they have subsidies in Russia) - so just small groceries, or? but are there supermarkets near Paveletskaja metro station? (cause I am going to be there everyday and I can go shopping when I am on my way home)

"lots of girls sharking around, looking for their prey..."
girls who look for a potential foreign husband? (or what?)

By the way: thanks for your fast responses!

tvadim133
21-06-2010, 11:00
May be it is worth adding: price for renting in Tverskaya can be (and is) 3 times more than in Kolomenskaya.

What is the difference: the building in Tverskaya (in the major) are built when Stalin was. And these building were for nomenklatura and people who belonged or were welcomed by the soviet power (artisits, bureaucrats, top memebers of communist party and so on), thus the condition was more or less good.

As for Kolomenskoye and so on, there are building of 70s, 80s.

The difference is in space, probably, entrance design (no "design" in 70s buildings) and may be the interrior of flats (though it depends upon the owner).

tvadim133
21-06-2010, 11:04
The thing is I work near Paveletskaya metro station and I am going to live near Tverskaja metro station...so: too late to change...

- really? nothing? not a single metro, billa or anything else? I assume that there are only small supermarkets like seven eleven (I don't even know if they have subsidies in Russia) - so just small groceries, or? but are there supermarkets near Paveletskaja metro station? (cause I am going to be there everyday and I can go shopping when I am on my way home)

As for food stores, they can be found in the area you are talking, but again Azbuka Vkusa, Eliseevsky or very small with margin more than 50% (average is 15%-25%) and can be not close to your appartment.

As for Paveletskaya there are some (2 Azbuka Vkusa stores, which is 10 minutes form the Metor station).

You know, food retailers do not like the city centre due to renting costs.

And small shops have lack of assortment.

Max77
21-06-2010, 15:26
Michael0512

I wish I knew what these girls were up to, but they always are up to something. It might be love, it might be money that they are chasing for or it might be both. And of course you know that these two things (love and money) know no borders, so I guess the girls wouldn't care much for one's nationality. My suggestion - meet with the people you like from this forum first. It will help you to get to know the area first as plenty of gatherings take place in the vicinity of Tverskaja metro station area. Gradually, you'll get an idea of what these girls are up to by talking to people from this forum, maybe approaching some of the girls while you're with someone else. This way it will be safer than doing it right away by yourself.

So good luck

tzaritsa
21-06-2010, 22:02

Its not so bad situation with food stores.There is "Alye parusa" at Bolshaya
Bronnaya str and Eliseevs food store at Tverskaya running by "Alye Parusa"
eather but seems the one at B.Bronnaya is cheaper.Its big area and there are some small shops at parallel streets to Tverskaya str.

Michael0512
22-06-2010, 10:57
@Max77: I was just interested whats behind the statement. I am not going to Russia to find the love of my life :)

@tvadim: price for renting is 3 times more than in Kolomenskaya? 3 times?! crazy!

@all: whats the best place to go out near Tverskaja metro station?

Judge
22-06-2010, 11:38
Michael0512

I wish I knew what these girls were up to, but they always are up to something. It might be love, it might be money that they are chasing for or it might be both. And of course you know that these two things (love and money) know no borders, so I guess the girls wouldn't care much for one's nationality. My suggestion - meet with the people you like from this forum first. It will help you to get to know the area first as plenty of gatherings take place in the vicinity of Tverskaja metro station area. Gradually, you'll get an idea of what these girls are up to by talking to people from this forum, maybe approaching some of the girls while you're with someone else. This way it will be safer than doing it right away by yourself.

So good luck

These girls you describe sound like piranhas.:11721::11721:

Max77
22-06-2010, 13:44
TO Judge: No offense, but I do get this feeling when I see them.

TO Michael0512: I am sure you'll find what you're looking for, just don't get too excited yet! Be serious about your safety, though.

Judge
22-06-2010, 14:00
No offense, but I do get this feeling when I see them.
:iagree:

No offence taken mate,I like the fact we feel like garden worms in a huge shark infested tank waiting to be eaten...Every single mans dream..

nbogaard
22-06-2010, 14:06
@Max77: I was just interested whats behind the statement. I am not going to Russia to find the love of my life :)

@tvadim: price for renting is 3 times more than in Kolomenskaya? 3 times?! crazy!

Best burger in town, in my opinion, is at Scandanavia restaurant. If you come out of the metro and perexod by the United Colors of Bennetton store and head in the direction of out of the city you will pass a Sberbank very soon, right after that, there is an arch. Go in the arch and you will see the restauant on your right hand side. This time of year the garden patio is open. Enjoy!

On the opposite side of Tverskaya, if you walk past the Marriott Grand to the next corner (Mayakovsky Ploshad) and turn right, you will pass a nice German restaurant (Bavarius) keep walking and you will come to El Gaucho, argentinian steak house. It is pricey but very good.

tvadim133
22-06-2010, 14:17

Oh, I am not kidding about the price for renting (I think there is a difference when you pay 800-1000 USD and 3000 USD).

On Tverskaya area I like Scandinavia, Etage (next to Eliseevsky, because in 50 metres there is another Etage), Pushkin of course (it is not cheap), Maki (for beer and wine) and in 10 minutes of walk there is Kamergersky lane where are some good cafes and restaurants like Academia, Des Artists (not cheap) and 20 minutes of walk next to the concert hall there is a coffe shop-restaurant Coffemania where local "boghemia" meet each other (nice cuisin, no coca-cola alike staff). Besides.....

Well if you need to safe your money but to have not bad cuisin: Mia Piace, TGF.

If you have only 150- 200 rur in your pocket only there is the main MCDonald's.

If yo have 100 rur only there are some kiosks with Hot dogs even,

Michael0512
23-06-2010, 09:56
@tvadim: "I am sure you'll find what you're looking for, just don't get too excited yet! Be serious about your safety, though."
I think I was not serious enough: I am not looking for a Russian girl - I am happy right now ;)

To be honest: I am not the Burger/Hot Dog type :) You have already listed a lot of restaurants, but I would like to ask something more specific: do you also know a very good/cheap Italian restaurant (pasta, pizza,...) or (a cheap!!) Sushi restaurant?

"Go in the arch and you will see the restauant on your right hand side. This time of year the garden patio is open. Enjoy!"
This sounds awesome!

tvadim133
23-06-2010, 10:39
@tvadim: "I am sure you'll find what you're looking for, just don't get too excited yet! Be serious about your safety, though."
I think I was not serious enough: I am not looking for a Russian girl - I am happy right now ;)

To be honest: I am not the Burger/Hot Dog type :) You have already listed a lot of restaurants, but I would like to ask something more specific: do you also know a very good/cheap Italian restaurant (pasta, pizza,...) or (a cheap!!) Sushi restaurant?

"Go in the arch and you will see the restauant on your right hand side. This time of year the garden patio is open. Enjoy!"
This sounds awesome!

It was a joke.

Il Patio (on Tverskaya) is cheap.
Sushi vesla is cheap (on Tverskaya)

Michael0512
23-06-2010, 11:09
I didnt want to offend you tvadim! (I just wanted to state that I am not looking for something like that...)

Il Patio and Sushi vesla? Thanks, I have already written that down! Thanks a lot!

tvadim133
23-06-2010, 11:28
I didnt want to offend you tvadim! (I just wanted to state that I am not looking for something like that...)

Il Patio and Sushi vesla? Thanks, I have already written that down! Thanks a lot!

Actually you have taken me for another poster who informed you about all these girls on Tverskaya (he is probably much of it or them). :)

No problem! :)

whizkid
23-06-2010, 11:44
do you also know a very good/cheap Italian restaurant (pasta, pizza,..?

I higly reccommend Venezia restaurant on Chekhovskaya metro station. please find more info on this particular restaurant and a few others here: http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=188338

in my opinion, in Venezia restaurant they make the best pizza, tagliatelli and profiteroles in Moscow! and their prices are more than reasonable. big Margarita for 200 RUR, tagliatelli with mushrooms for 370 RUR, and my favorite-profiteroles for 180 RUR!

hope this helps

tvadim133
23-06-2010, 11:46
Oh, yes! I have forgotten about this restaurant indeed.

Just once when I was there, I had some troubles,,, (do not ask me what kind of).

whizkid
23-06-2010, 11:50
Oh, yes! I have forgotten about this restaurant indeed.

Just once when I was there, I had some troubles,,, (do not ask me what kind of).

I'm sure it was an exeption, not the rule!

I've been there like a hundred times (I used to work at the block near this restaurant) and never had a serious problems with them (of course, their stuff are not that professional as one would expect from such a popular place in the centre of Moscow. but other than that-no problems)

tvadim133
23-06-2010, 11:55
I'm sure it was an exeption, not the rule!

I've been there like a hundred times (I used to work at the block near this restaurant) and never had a serious problems with them (of course, their stuff are not that professional as one would expect from such a popular place in the centre of Moscow. but other than that-no problems)

I guess you work in Business Centre "Gallery Actor"?

whizkid
23-06-2010, 11:58
I guess you work in Business Centre "Gallery Actor"?

not really) there are lots of blocks around the restaurant and I used to work in one of them where there's a Beatrix Real Estate agency))

Max77
23-06-2010, 23:59
not really) there are lots of blocks around the restaurant and I used to work in one of them where there's a Beatrix Real Estate agency))

Then you must have attended MECC on Wednesday evenings in Chekhovskaya library, haven't you dear?!