PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Moscow - Info please?

Mrs. Reboni
24-04-2005, 16:54
We are an Italian family about to move to moscow. I was wondering if there were any expat mothers that could help me understand how much it actually costs to live there per month? On average how much does a family of three spend on food? How much does a maid or a driver cost per hour?

Any help would be tuly appreciated.

Kenzo
25-04-2005, 15:13
http://expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=22134

Lady Marmalade
25-04-2005, 17:37
Go to the search function on this site and ask the same question, there are many worthy threads about this same topic. Or go to Information and read through it for the last year, this topic is bound to come up. Do get your husband's company to set up the rental, they will charge you an arm and a leg otherwise in commision and other special charges. I run on a budget of about 200$ a week, I don't live near a market, so I use a regular supermarket, if you can get to a market, they're cheaper, fresher and generally better. I don't have a maid, so I have no idea how much that would cost, but a driver will run you about 700$ a month or less.

Mrs. Reboni
25-04-2005, 21:41
Thank you Faritova. I had already read some stuff on other threads and some good info there. Wanted to have a more specific answer, and thanks you gave it.

:)