PDA

View Full Version : What happens when a fly falls into a cup of coffee?

TolkoRaz
17-06-2010, 00:09
The Italian - throws the cup, breaks it, and walks away in a fit of rage.

The German - carefully washes the cup, sterilizes it and makes a new cup of coffee.

The Frenchman - takes out the fly, and drinks the coffee.

The Chinaman - eats the fly and throws away the coffee.

The Russian - Drinks the coffee with the fly, since it was extra with no charge.

The Israeli - sells the coffee to the Frenchman, sells the fly to the Chinese, sells the cup to the Italian, drinks a cup of tea, and uses the extra money to invent a device that prevents flies from falling into coffee.

The Palestinian - blames the Israeli for the fly falling into his coffee, protests the act of aggression to the UN, takes a loan from the European Union to buy a new cup of coffee, uses the money to purchase explosives and then blows up the coffee house where the Italian, the Frenchman, the Chinaman, the German and the Russian are all trying to explain to the Israeli that he should give away his cup of tea to the Palestinian :10310:

Bels
17-06-2010, 00:25
Just watch the movie The fly and you will understand. It is disgusting what they do, and will certainly put you off drinking a cup of coffee or any food that you have seen a fly on. Yeugh!! Do you know what they do, to be able to eat!! It is disgusting. Regurgitatate is a clue word.

The German - carefully washes the cup, sterilizes it and makes a new cup of coffee.

The Russian - Drinks the coffee with the fly, since it was extra with no charge.

The Israeli - sells the coffee to the Frenchman, sells the fly to the Chinese, sells the cup to the Italian, drinks a cup of tea, and uses the extra money to invent a device that prevents flies from falling into coffee.

The Palestinian - blames the Israeli for the fly falling into his coffee, protests the act of aggression to the UN, takes a loan from the European Union to buy a new cup of coffee, uses the money to purchase explosives and then blows up the coffee house where the Italian, the Frenchman, the Chinaman, the German and the Russian are all trying to explain to the Israeli that he should give away his cup of tea to the Palestinian :10310:

davilan
17-06-2010, 00:25
"where the Italian, the Frenchman, the Chinaman, the German and the Russian are all trying to explain to the Israeli that he should give away his cup of tea to the Palestinian"

1) How could that happen without any Americans brokering the deal?

2) The Russian wouldn't be there trying to negotiate with the Israeli as he would have been warned by the Iranian or Syrian he sold the explosives to not to be there.

franzewich
17-06-2010, 00:35
The German - carefully washes the cup, sterilizes it and makes a new cup of coffee. ... :10310:

Well ...

There are three Germans sitting in a pub, drinking beer - a guy from Prussia (Northern Germany, Berlin area, or: North of the Danube!), a Swabian (South-West, around Stuttgart) and a Bavarian (South, around Munich, Alps).

Each one of them gets a fly in his glass.

The Prussian complains loudly to the waiter about a fly in his gl**** calls it a "Sauerei" and demands a new beer.

The Bavarian calmly reaches into his gl**** fishes out the fly and sloshes it aside - and keeps drinking as if nothing had happened.

The Swabian guy carefully takes the fly by its wings, sets it on the rim of his gl**** pats its back and says: "Spit it out, but every drop of it!"

davilan
17-06-2010, 01:00
Franze

I love you avatar. One question though-wouldn't the Prussian be like in your avatar -pulling out his pistol and threatening the fly if he did put back every last drop?

is4fun
17-06-2010, 01:14

Too cool. I agree to a certain extent, however, I am more interested in the term as should be described in this form of reasoning based on the contextual humor. This is indeed funny to many (not to the Palestinians mind you) but certainly to current events. My question is; if anyone knows the label to this reasoning. The closest I came is "Mirror Argument". Any ideas?

MickeyTong
17-06-2010, 02:58
The Palestinian.......

If the Palestinian were an educated Muslim he would know that the Holy Messenger Mohamed Mustafa (peace and blessings upon him) has given us guidance about such a situation. Allah (subhanahu wa ta'ala) informed His Holy Messenger (peace and blessings upon him) in a divine revelation (which nobody else heard....so it goes) that under one wing of a fly is poison, but under the other wing is the antidote. Therefore, if you find a fly inyour drink you should dunk it under, thoroughly, to remove the najis. What you should do with the fly subsequent to this was not elucidated, so I suppose it's OK to sell it to the Chinese.....when they have enough of them they could mince them, mash them and make tofu.

tzaritsa
17-06-2010, 13:22

TolkoRaz,why are you telling such an awful things about Russians?Im about drinkin coffee with a fly.Who gave you that right?Im offended for Russian nation.Where are you from?Its REALLY BAD joke:ninja:

TolkoRaz
17-06-2010, 15:38
TolkoRaz,why are you telling such an awful things about Russians?Im about drinkin coffee with a fly.Who gave you that right?Im offended for Russian nation.Where are you from?Its REALLY BAD joke:ninja:

:shame:

franzewich
17-06-2010, 21:38
Franze

I love you avatar. One question though-wouldn't the Prussian be like in your avatar -pulling out his pistol and threatening the fly if he did put back every last drop?

Well, I'm Bavarian, not Prussian. Bavarians are famous for their stoic qualm, but even I would not like to drink my beer after a fly has taken her bath in it (even if was her last).

Prussians - according to their "Preußens Glanz und Glorie" - might have used military force to accomplish their goals, but not nowerdays anymore.

The kitten in my avatar had to promise not to play with my toes under the blanket any more at f*****g four o'clock in the morning. He was NOT shot!!!

tvadim133
17-06-2010, 21:54

That is just an anecdote, nothing offensive.

Though I would say, thought I am russian, I prefer to ask for another cup of it if there is a fly. :) :) :)

But I wonder, what English, American and Australians do in this case.

I quess:

1. The English ads some milk to make a taste of a fly better;

2. The American - wonders why they have brought him a tea with this fly and asks for a cup of coffee with the same fly, thinking that is a good and new kind of drink.

Then he starts a new branded product all over the world "FWC" and make "bottling" it in cans and plastic bottles: "Fly with coffee".

3. The Australian is patient and tolerant towards the restaurant and drinks it without pleasure but without complaints in order not to offend someone in the restaurant

You can make your versions, regarding others

:) :) :)

Swordfish90293
18-06-2010, 01:33
I think this attempt at humor is misguided and offensive. It stereotypes Palestinians who have been struggling for years to simply survive.

If I was Palestinian I'd firebomb your house...

2ndWind
18-06-2010, 05:13
You can make your versions, regarding others

I recall an old, old joke that goes something like -

Customer: "Waiter, what's this fly doing in my soup!"

Waiter, after intently studying the bowl for a few moments: "I believe it's a backstroke."

TolkoRaz
18-06-2010, 10:09
I think this attempt at humor is misguided and offensive. It stereotypes Palestinians who have been struggling for years to simply survive.

If I was Palestinian I'd firebomb your house...

They have already tried! :p

davilan
18-06-2010, 11:47
"It stereotypes Palestinians"

The whole point of the joke is to stereotype EVERY group mentioned in the joke. The joke is meant to laugh at the funny quirks about EVERY group not just a single group. If you can not laugh at yourself, you will have a serious problem getting through life.

"who have been struggling for years to simply survive"

This is very simply a pile of horse shit!

franzewich
18-06-2010, 11:57
"It stereotypes Palestinians"

The whole point of the joke is to stereotype EVERY group mentioned in the joke. The joke is meant to laugh at the funny quirks about EVERY group not just a single group. If you can not laugh at yourself, you will have a serious problem getting through life.

There is a saying:

"It is discriminating to make jokes about minorities! But it is just as discriminating NOT to make jokes about them; because then you ignore them. And that is worse then accepting the risk of insulting them!"

I very much agree with that!

davilan
18-06-2010, 12:15
read my thread "did I ever tell you about my ex" it's a bunch of jokes I TELL laughing at ME or my ex wife...

one can not fear the truth-specially when it's about oneself, accepting and understanding the truth about yourself is what leads to wisdom-being able to laugh at yourself, is what leads to sanity

grounded in sanity and wisdom is what leaders are made of