PDA

View Full Version : Video art

tvadim133
16-06-2010, 22:14
In France one of the foundations placed the video-ads for humain rights in Russia.

I would say the video is very talanted but it seems to me that the guy who did it has just returned from N.Korea or smth like that.

I wonder, if russians will creat smth about burkas in France, dissorders on streets, police actions, Sarkozy's adventures e.t.c.

Of course everything is not so bad, but it depends upon creativity and imagination of a video-art director how to show it.

http://wacker-truffel.livejournal.com/43783.html

davilan
16-06-2010, 23:19
Mr. TV

What I am about to say may piss you off but I don't give a shit!

To correct your ignorance and the ignorance of the Russian Blog writer.

1) the organization Amnesty International is not a French Foundation-it is about the most well respected human rights organization in the history of the world.

2) You and the blogger did not understand the video and it is without question 100% TODAY'S Russia!

3) The video is about the lack of freedom of the press in Russia and the MANY Russian reporters that have been silenced directly through murder and indirectly through intimidation.

Asking the French people to not forget all the Russians that have sacrificed so much in the fight for democracy in Russia is something that should not be ridiculed except by those who oppose democracy and have no real respect for Russia or the Russian people.

The videographer nor Amnesty International is not who should be criticized here!

Those who oppose allowing the Russian people to learn the whole truth through the media, those who silence the Russian media, those who have not been brought to justice for crimes against members of the Russian media deserve the criticism.

Darya Alexandrovna
17-06-2010, 10:33
I think that noone has a right to judge.

I do believe that if One wants to change the world that One must start from himself. And it is related to each and everyone.

Goverment is bad, mass media is bad, freedom is not there, people are wrong,
so what the hell are we doing here?!

I think freedom means not to do whatever you want to do, but to stop yourself from doing what you want to do, to be free from this as well.

I do not care for media, because if it has a freedom to speak or not, it is all a huge mess as it is not impartial anyway. If you ask me, I vote for impartial mass media, not for free to do whatever they want to do. Aren't you overloaded with tonns of useless/negative/pressing info that absorbs inside your mind uncontrolled through all these informational resourses?!

And I also vote for respect and politeness.

Viola
17-06-2010, 10:53
Really well-done ads. Talented, impressive.

Talking about the content, well, the author exploits the same old stereotypes. His problem.

to me that the guy who did it has just returned from N.Korea or smth like that.
Maybe N.Korea not that bad at all, I've never been there.

davilan
17-06-2010, 13:36
"If you ask me, I vote for impartial mass media"

That is exactly what is being spoken about-Russian media is not allowed to be impartial. It is forced-sometimes at gunpoint-to follow the official government view.

Viola
17-06-2010, 13:47
"If you ask me, I vote for impartial mass media"

That is exactly what is being spoken about-Russian media is not allowed to be impartial. It is forced-sometimes at gunpoint-to follow the official government view.

Are you serious? You really believe that impartial mass media exists somewhere on this planet?

davilan
17-06-2010, 15:13
the topic is that Russian media is not allowed to be impartial NOT whether or not other free press is impartial!

Viola
17-06-2010, 15:32
the topic is that Russian media is not allowed to be impartial NOT whether or not other free press is impartial!

Who prevents them from being impartial? Greed?

Angym
17-06-2010, 15:55
What r u speaking about? Impartial media? What country are ready and what reason to refuse such strong weapon in the media war?

I agree we have a lot of problems in Russia, however I can’t understand why we don’t have any negative reaction from our government on such videos, like other countries do.

tvadim133
17-06-2010, 16:32
Mr. TV

What I am about to say may piss you off but I don't give a shit!

To correct your ignorance and the ignorance of the Russian Blog writer.

1) the organization Amnesty International is not a French Foundation-it is about the most well respected human rights organization in the history of the world.

2) You and the blogger did not understand the video and it is without question 100% TODAY'S Russia!

3) The video is about the lack of freedom of the press in Russia and the MANY Russian reporters that have been silenced directly through murder and indirectly through intimidation.

Asking the French people to not forget all the Russians that have sacrificed so much in the fight for democracy in Russia is something that should not be ridiculed except by those who oppose democracy and have no real respect for Russia or the Russian people.

The videographer nor Amnesty International is not who should be criticized here!
Those who oppose allowing the Russian people to learn the whole truth through the media, those who silence the Russian media, those who have not been brought to justice for crimes against members of the Russian media deserve the criticism.

Mr.Davilon!

3) The video is about the lack of freedom of the press in Russia and the MANY Russian reporters that have been silenced directly through murder and indirectly through intimidation.= Many? Three among 4000?

Ignorance?

Come on!

) You and the blogger did not understand the video and it is without question 100% TODAY'S Russia! = I do not. I know that journalists thinking about the freedom of rights. They can not do (inform) people about many things,
But they are not killed for saying smth wrong, just fired by the editor if there is a need.

:) or :(

Though there are some cases with russial journalists murders, but it was more connected with their investgations. their murder can be not because of state policy but because of people involved into this investigation.

For example, if someone wants to find as much info about my ... (no matter what), I would kill him/her, in case it can harm me dramatically....

It is a joke, because I have nothing to hide (yet).

1) the organization Amnesty International is not a French Foundation-it is about the most well respected human rights organization in the history of the world. = I do not care what origin the have. If they are piad well, why not to fight for rights in Russia, at least!

What I am about to say may piss you off but I don't give a shit!=

Nothing can make me doing that if there is no natural need (I do not know as for the blogger, I do not know him)

The videographer nor Amnesty International is not who should be criticized here = WHAT ABOUT THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH?

I see, they made a shIt... though surely, for you it is just because I am opposite democracy.

Asking the French people to not forget all the Russians that have sacrificed so much in the fight for democracy in Russia is something that should not be ridiculed except by those who oppose democracy and have no real respect for Russia or the Russian people =Who actually sacrificed now? For what?

You can call me to be opposite democracy, if you want (just blah blah blah?).

But frankly speaking, I just hate when PR managers (no matter polticians business or tobacco selling business) manipulate people' concience so much in talanted but immporal ways.

Darya Alexandrovna
17-06-2010, 17:06
What r u speaking about? Impartial media? What country are ready and what reason to refuse such strong weapon in the media war?

I agree we have a lot of problems in Russia, however I can’t understand why we don’t have any negative reaction from our government on such videos, like other countries do.

Madia War. Information War. Exctly! that's what we have. We all have. People all over the planet! We're watching/reading/listening to what we are wanted (made) to listen/read/hear! It's a big illusion.

davilan
17-06-2010, 22:32
In the United States we call what I am about to do "Pissing in the wind"

"I do not care what origin the have. If they are piad well, why not to fight for rights in Russia, at least!"

WHAT THE **** DO YOU THINK THEY ARE DOING? FIGHTING FOR THE RIGHTS OF RUSSIAN CITIZENS TO HAVE A FREE AND DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY!

More than any poster here-that French video is asking the French people to stand up for the Russian people and here's what you write:

"however I canít understand why we donít have any negative reaction from our government on such videos"

What is that? "Dear government-we like being repressed and are very angry you don't declare war on those Frenchies standing up for our rights!"

My dear Russian friends:

If you do not understand that the Media in Russia is government controlled, government censored and enforced through government intimidation and much worse than either you:

Work for the government doing the censorship or intimidation,
Have had your head in the sand like an Ostrich to avoid reality,
or are so ignorant that you are a significant part of the problem!

As the only apparent Russian patriot in this thread (even though I'm American)-get your heads out of your asses and take a good look around you! Nowhere in the world is life perfect. The role of the government is what the people who are governed make it. It is extremely sad that you think the information you are allowed to receive should be controlled by the government.

There are too many great people and things about Russia that are still being held back by the shadow of the Soviet legacy that looms over what should be modern day Russia. Freedom of the press is one of them. I think that Russians are ready for democracy, it's very sad that you Russians don't think so.

tvadim133
17-06-2010, 23:08
Let's seperate oranges from apples.

1. mass media is controlled.

There is a censorship in state Mass Media (Like federal channels (1 and Russia channel).

But it is acceptable more or less.

I (the state) am the owner and I identify the PR Policy;

2. commercial and local mass media.

There is an internal censorship depending the organization behind "me" (Communists, Left wins, Berzovsky (just an example) and the format I work in
(New Paper, TV, Internet).

These kind of mass media are "more or less free".

They are more or less free, because sure combat situations can be between government and this mass media.

and the government tries to illiminate the impact of negative info or critics against them in using first of all economic or "bureacuratic" growls (but in video they showd blood, handcuffs and so on...).

At least. I see a lot very critic an cynical information and articles about the government.

Just watch TV3 or Ren TV, read Commersant, listen to Radio Echo Moskvy, even on federal channels there are very serious-for-government programs with hard and not pleasant opinions.

Mass Media can not be fully free, because they are supported (sponcored) by this or that organizations which follow their interests (commercial, ideological or whatever).

What is true is that Russia, these organizations are in "friendship" with Government and have commo interests and just do not need to fight against each other very hard via Mass Media, though there are some 2 main competitors at the moment.

Thus they have more internal censorship, than the state's.

That is a fact, often described by the very journalists in Russia

3. The foundation showed the video in France (not a french foundation but they did it in France) , which make people (people not in Russia, but people in France and Europe) think that Russia still leaves in Stalines times, which is a lie (to be very soft); ****ing shIt (to be at the same level of expressing opnions as you like to use)

4. I will not even talk or make comments about your "I think that Russians are ready for democracy, it's very sad that you Russians don't think so."

That is your own opinion and I am glad, you have any of your own.

5. Your "If you do not understand that the Media in Russia is government controlled, government censored and enforced through government intimidation and much worse than either you":

or are so ignorant that you are a significant part of the problem!"

May be just we can be more objective in thinking and making conclusion not just after "reading, watching and listening to only specific resources".

ReallyGreatConcerts
17-06-2010, 23:28
The video is a tedious pile of cliche-laden shit. Talentless garbage guaranteed to appeal to right-wing neocon whackjobs.

Let's send Mr French Video-Man to Bagram, to film conditions in the yankee-doodle concentration-camp there???

Strangely no journalists at all are permitted into that outpost of the "Land Of The Free".

davilan
18-06-2010, 00:05
like I said-just like pissing in the wind...

Angym
18-06-2010, 00:15
In the United States we call what I am about to do "Pissing in the wind"

"I do not care what origin the have. If they are piad well, why not to fight for rights in Russia, at least!"

WHAT THE **** DO YOU THINK THEY ARE DOING? FIGHTING FOR THE RIGHTS OF RUSSIAN CITIZENS TO HAVE A FREE AND DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY!

More than any poster here-that French video is asking the French people to stand up for the Russian people and here's what you write:

"however I can’t understand why we don’t have any negative reaction from our government on such videos"

What is that? "Dear government-we like being repressed and are very angry you don't declare war on those Frenchies standing up for our rights!"

My dear Russian friends:

If you do not understand that the Media in Russia is government controlled, government censored and enforced through government intimidation and much worse than either you:

or are so ignorant that you are a significant part of the problem!

As the only apparent Russian patriot in this thread (even though I'm American)-get your heads out of your asses and take a good look around you! Nowhere in the world is life perfect. The role of the government is what the people who are governed make it. It is extremely sad that you think the information you are allowed to receive should be controlled by the government.

There are too many great people and things about Russia that are still being held back by the shadow of the Soviet legacy that looms over what should be modern day Russia. Freedom of the press is one of them. I think that Russians are ready for democracy, it's very sad that you Russians don't think so.

Thank internet I have opportunity to read not only news from Russian media resources, I also use The Uk and American newspapers, so I hope I don’t have my head in the sand like an Ostrich.
I do not believe that French people really care too much about Russian people problems …..
I am sure that every government of every country uses state media in there purposes (The USA do it, don’t they?).

tvadim133
18-06-2010, 10:35
like I said-just like pissing in the wind...

No! You expressed your opinion and it was heard,

But from my side, I have tried to explain what was going on in reality in Russia with freedom of speech.

There are porblems indeed but not as it shown by the very foundtaion or how they want people to think.

The horrible way they did is alike playing a fool with the target audience.

davilan
18-06-2010, 11:37
"pissing in the wind" is an expression about doing something you know is stupid but do it anyway -think about it-where does the piss go if you piss when the wind is blowing in your direction...

I knew that commenting here would be like banging my head against the wall-it feels so good when I stop, the wall will not have changed in any way but probably my head will be bloodied.

You don't know who Amnesty International is, you have the net and don't look them up, you state you don't care who they are because:

You want to hold onto your own belief-right or wrong-and are pissed off that an outsider is telling others that their belief, which is contrary to your belief is correct and therefore you are wrong.

O K Except for one BIG thing.

Amnesty International is considered THE unbiased expert on the matter of human rights in the world. Such asshole organizations as the United Nations, The World Bank, the World Trade organization, the World Court and a long list of very serious organizations and world governments rely directly on Amnesty International's investigation, reports and opinions on the matter as the world's watch dog on human rights issues. One of the hold ups in Russia joining the World Trade Organization is related to Amnesty International's complaints about Russia's human rights violations.

It doesn't matter what you believe-if Amnesty International says it's true-guess what-it's true!

Ignorance is standing by your own belief without allowing yourself to consider other possibilities or weigh any other facts. The Russians in this thread behaved as that blogger did-they only considered that some foreigner criticized Russia and instead of trying to understand the message or consider the messenger simply said-"**** you foreigner for criticizing us."

Yeah-that is ignorance!

Yes, you misunderstood the message!
You are wrong not to care who the messenger is! And I continually prove I am an idiot by pissing in the wind here!

Angym
18-06-2010, 13:13
Davilan don’t be so upset. The life is perfect! Nobody here uses such insulting tone about foreigners, what u r speaking about.

On my mind you try to open our eyes on problems, while we know that we have problems….

And I have read about Amnesty International Organization, so you’re a member of this Organization?

davilan
18-06-2010, 14:01
No, I'm not a member nor a proponent of Amnesty International

I am a member and proponent of those that feel free thought is an essential right for anyone wishing to better the world in any way.

I help Russian businessmen change their thinking to be be like western businessmen so they can prosper in the global economy. I'm a consultant to some Russian regional and municipal governments, businesses and universities here in the Urals and I am very directly involved in the Russian initiative to bring western innovation to Russia and Russian innovation to the world. All big 2010 Russian government buzz words for Russia's future.

Russia is a land of so many great and brilliant people whose Soviet thinking makes them their own worst enemy. This is understandable in older generations but very sad to see in young people.

I live 9 years in what was a highly Soviet city when I arrived. Nothing I say is ever from anything but my own direct observations, research and studies. It's important to actively collect facts and draw your own conclusions and follow your own voice no matter the direction it leads you, if you want to be a quality, thinking person that amounts to more than being a drunken factory worker.

Don't just follow old slogans-think for yourself. Being a patriot is not about standing behind your country right or wrong-it's having the courage to better your country even if it involves change. There's lots of great stuff to be proud of in Russia and tons of work that yet needs to be done. Don't let patriotic pride blind you from seeing the tasks yet needed to realizing full potential. There is just too much to lose.