PDA

View Full Version : Fate..Liverpool and the Champions League

trebor
21-04-2005, 19:38
In 1978…
the Pope died.
Wales won the Six Nations.
Liverpool lost in the final of the League Cup to the eventual League Champions…....................................then Liverpool won the European Cup.

2005…
the Pope has died.
Wales have won the Six Nations.
Liverpool have lost in the final of the League Cup to the (certain) eventual League Champions…........................Liverpool will win the Champions League.

Convinced?

joners66
21-04-2005, 19:40
Nope!

Lled
22-04-2005, 09:58
Liverpool supporters will grasp at anything. Anyone mention that Everton are doing better this season? Ah, slipped your attention? Oh Ferry, 'cross the Mersey, to the :vomit: bleeeeugh.

trebor
22-04-2005, 18:50
Liverpool supporters will grasp at anything. Anyone mention that Everton are doing better this season? Ah, slipped your attention? Oh Ferry, 'cross the Mersey, to the :vomit: bleeeeugh.

I'm not an Everton fan llednomis, but i know what you mean.
I just thought they were interesting coincidences and how spooky would it be if it came true? :)

Lled
22-04-2005, 18:56
I'm not an Everton fan llednomis, but i know what you mean.
I just thought they were interesting coincidences and how spooky would it be if it came true? :)

Yeah and Spurs win stuff when the year ends in a 1 or a 2? My arse we do.

Prokupchika
22-04-2005, 19:53
Everton are doing better than Liverpool this season, are they? How many finals have they got to? How many semis? Did I miss Everton's CL run? Yes, by their standards, Everton are having a great season, I admit. But then their whole raison d'etre for a long year now has been to come above Lpool in the league, and they aint achieved that yet. I'll believe it when I see it.....

trebor
04-05-2005, 01:09
Nope!

Err,...................................Still so confident? :)

Braders
04-05-2005, 01:42
I'm overjoyed Liverpool won tonight, obviously because i have a greater hatred for Chelsea, now Liverpool can lose to AC Milan in the final and that too will put a smile on my face. ;)

A smile that will not match the one i had tonight though, Mourhino was a picture! :):):):):)

nothing personal you wannabee Chelsea fans!

Smurfette
04-05-2005, 02:48
Hey I thought Mourhino was quite restrained and nice really...

trebor
04-05-2005, 08:37
Hey I thought Mourhino was quite restrained and nice really...

Lets see what he comes out and says tomorrow.
Can't believe they just accepted the goal. Didn't look like a goal to me actualy but i'm glad Liverpool won it anyway.

Lled
04-05-2005, 08:45
Lets see what he comes out and says tomorrow.
Can't believe they just accepted the goal. Didn't look like a goal to me actualy but i'm glad Liverpool won it anyway.

I didn't see it, I trust the goal was controversial (there's a new one: a controversial goal in football? No!) but imagine my surprise when the normally pleasant and understated Jose "nice guy" Mourinho said after the match:

"The best team lost. Noboby knows if it was a goal, not even the linesman." (yahoo this morning)

Hey, Jose, sit the f*ck down, do your tie up properly and lose the gum before you talk to us, you greasy little spatula.