PDA

View Full Version : Watching world cup football

Bels
13-06-2010, 21:40
I can't find a decent site for live world cup football without fuss on the computer but here's a nice one to see matches you might miss. This link shows England vs USA shortly it was played. If anyone knows of a better site, please let us know. No fuss, no credit cards, no statistical forms to fill in, only to be to be told that you can't view in the country you are using your country, of which I find offensive, as it is none of their damn business, as internet belongs free to the people, and should remain so. There should be no knowledge about the individual's wheraabouts and to tell them what they should watch , depending on which country they come from.

tvadim133
13-06-2010, 23:51
Have you tried just the 1 st channel of Russia? :)

mistygris
14-06-2010, 13:52
Try to download TVU player, for me it works to watch the games!

rhand
14-06-2010, 13:58

:-) I checked all Stream.ru sports channels first and found nothing. And then I decided to check all channels one more time. And ... Channel 1 of Russia will show games! Holland will be up today. Wouldn't want to miss it for the world!

Max77
15-06-2010, 09:54
:-) I checked all Stream.ru sports channels first and found nothing. And then I decided to check all channels one more time. And ... Channel 1 of Russia will show games! Holland will be up today. Wouldn't want to miss it for the world!

My guess is that Bels is looking for games with English commentary. Otherwise Russian channels do cover all WC games so far.

andymackem
15-06-2010, 12:10
My guess is that Bels is looking for games with English commentary. Otherwise Russian channels do cover all WC games so far.

Why would anyone want commentary in English? I found it quite refreshing listening to Russian commentators on England, and seeing how many times SWP would be described as быстро in the absence of any apparent footballing ability. Мощий Хеский was another favourite. And nothing can beat the sheer joy of hearing a commentator during Russia v Wales (some time ago, of course), announce that в европейских футбола, слабых соперников нет. (All spelling / grammar mistakes are my own, of course). I'm hoping for "Khabarovsk is never an easy place to go" when the hockey season starts again.

Joking apart, since most commentary seems to be about rearranging banal platitudes into a slightly different order, I'd rather try it in Russian and hopefully learn something from the process. And not get sucked into the Ing-er-land hype that engulfs our TV every time.

tvadim133
15-06-2010, 13:33
I think, that reason is that people do not know, it is on 1 channel.

Bels. do you need only english speaking soccers games?

Sorry, football games?

martpark
15-06-2010, 13:50
The best on the net seems to be www.myp2p.eu for watching sports events. Some need a program, others just need Mediaplayer.

Football in Russia is on Rossiya1, 2 or channel ONE, no?

Bels
15-06-2010, 22:43
To be honest I like to hear how the English feel when watching England. Russia has a different attitude to our English team, compared to our English commentators. Even American commentators have diferent. Besides I love the British commentaters of ITV and BBC.

U can see English matches in English the next day, but I haven't found a live one. When I do it is blocked somehow.

I did see it on Russian tv channel one live. However I enjoyed it much more watching it the the next day with the English point of view. When I saw it with the English perspective I realised that USA should be a much more respected team than the the world media realises. But eve so I think even USA believes that they were extremely lucky to get away with a draw. It should have been 1-0. So lucky America, and I feel so sorry for Mr Green, as I think goal-keeping career is now in ruins.

All I can ask England to do now is! Keep up your undefeated record of playing football towards winning the world cup. Ten games? and so far no defeats? Keep it up, as you were very unlucky with USA. But I have a strong feeling that Englands luck will come. Let us watch Rooney, he wil do something spectacular and save the day, and that's for sure.

GaNozri
15-06-2010, 22:49
GO, KIWI, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bels
15-06-2010, 23:12

Yes! And enjoyed it. However I like to hear the views of our supportive English commentators whilst watching the match. They are excellent and very supportive of their team. I also enjoyed the fact of hearing an American commentator alongside an English match and giving their views, as that was much more exciting. And gave the opinions from a different direction. Yes I want to hear commentators giving support for their countries' team. Why on earth they chose to block entertainment in other countries in English I don't know. The only ones interested would be English speaking expats or those who want to experience language. And I honestly thought that the English media was promoting the English language. How wrong was I, as here they are blocking sport and entertainment all over the world. So much for English peaking promotion to make English the leading world lamguage more so! LoL!

Bels
15-06-2010, 23:14
GO, KIWI, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is Kiwi doing, and how far will they get. Well maybe Rugby or cricket now and again. But football! Please!

GaNozri
15-06-2010, 23:21
How is Kiwi doing, and how far will they get. Well maybe Rugby or cricket now and again. But football! Please!

They've kicked Slovakia's arse 1:1

P.S. Reid is GOD!

Judge
15-06-2010, 23:24
Now North Korea is kicking some brazilian ar*e:fudd::fudd:

Bels
15-06-2010, 23:46
I don't believe it . LOL! Let us wait and see, as it is still 0-0 Brazil is so reliable, and I can wish that England had the same reliability. We know Brazil is going to win. But with England having goalkeeper problems and letting in a pass stlyle shot, same as what had happened against Russia. Perhaps England is unlucky. Even so, if it happened to Brazil. they can hit back from their mistakes. But England couldn't score further to remove such mistake. But let's not forget England against against Germany , when Beckham is at his best, several goals goals down against Germany, and England returns with a brilliant defeat against Germany. One of our best memories for sure. We can only hope that we have such games again. I,m depending on Rooney, with good backup from midfield. And of course we need much improvement on our defence of which I am certain wil be rectified..

Yes! Weed more game for Rooney!!

Bels
16-06-2010, 00:00
I don't believe it . LOL! Let us wait and see, as it is still 0-0 Brazil is so reliable, and I can wish that England had the same reliability. We know Brazil is going to win. But with England having goalkeeper problems and letting in a pass stlyle shot, same as what had happened against Russia. Perhaps England is unlucky. Even so, if it happened to Brazil. they can hit back from their mistakes. But England couldn't score further to remove such mistake. But let's not forget England against against Germany , when Beckham is at his best, several goals goals down against Germany, and England returns with a brilliant defeat against Germany. One of our best memories for sure. We can only hope that we have such games again. I,m depending on Rooney, with good backup from midfield. And of course we need much improvement on our defence of which I am certain wil be rectified..

Yes! We need more game for Rooney!!

If you want to watch it in English, with an English and American's opinion watch this

http://tvshack.net/tv/FIFA_World_Cup_2010/season_1/episode_5/

My thoughts on this was that the Americans deserve a higher rating in world cup football, and they have progreessed a great deal. Why!! Because even with our goalkeper's stupid mistake o letting in a pas style shot England should have had enough time to score several more goals, but they didn't.

So USA were very lucky, but hey do deserve their draw, because England couldn't score another goal later. Hence USA should be rated at least in 9th plae just behind England. Not 14th as thay are currently rated. By the end of the world cup I predict USA will be rateted on a much higher level. Let us wait and see. After all, the USA got a high when England was on an undefeated high. So well done USA. Perhaaps we can join each other in playing together in the finals! Wouldn't that be great?

andymackem
16-06-2010, 17:38
Improvement in the defence which you are sure will be rectified? How, exactly?

Let's look at the squad: King - good defender, but injured.
Ferdinand - so injured he's not here

Which leaves Terry - good defender, but slow
Carragher - previously good defender, but now slow and not all that good anymore, coaxed out of international retirement in desperation
Dawson - never played an international match

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is our central defence. It may be OK against Algeria and Slovenia, but I suggest that any forward line with quick (or even quick-thinking) attackers will be fairly happy to face that.

Then we come to our midfield, and the two wide players who seem to offer pace and no end product.

Let's not forget that Heskey doesn't score goals, so if Rooney isn't on form (or is neutralised by a tactically astute opposing manager) we've got a problem there. I'm not going to allow personal prejudice to question the omission of a striker who got 24 Premier League goals last year, but I don't understand why Crouch came on instead of Defoe. Defoe would offer something different - Crouch is another great lighthouse of a target man who does more or less what Heskey does (but sometimes scores).

And finally, while Green's error was pretty horrible the alternatives are David 'Calamity' James or the more or less untried Joe Hart. Personally I'd pick James, simply for his experience, but it's not inspiring.

So while I respect your optimism, I really can't share it. And, to be honest, I'd say 14 is about right for the USA. They're a decent team, but nothing special. Not unlike England. In terms of the WC, 9 and 14 are more or less the same - it implies going out in the second round. England's rating of 8 suggests going out in the quarters. And I think that's the likely fate of both these teams.

We shall see!

Bels
16-06-2010, 22:04
Yes let us wait and see. I watched this match several times against the USA. And the more I watched it, I was convinced very much so that USA did etremely well to defend a very strong attack after Mr Greens serious mistake.Look again! England tried very hard to return another goal. And all I can say is that all good to USA, who defended extremely well on some very strong attacks. And for sure the USA goalkeeper should have been man of the match. Did he? As he fuly deserved it. England could do with this goalkeeper. Has he got a bit of English in him? As England would have him. But no! I think USA is underrated, I still think they will be ninth at the very least after this world cup final.

At the worst? We could tell the Americans to stick to know what they know best, and that American Rugby football, or baseball. Where at least we know they can play.

Improvement in the defence which you are sure will be rectified? How, exactly?

Let's look at the squad: King - good defender, but injured.
Ferdinand - so injured he's not here

Which leaves Terry - good defender, but slow
Carragher - previously good defender, but now slow and not all that good anymore, coaxed out of international retirement in desperation
Dawson - never played an international match

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is our central defence. It may be OK against Algeria and Slovenia, but I suggest that any forward line with quick (or even quick-thinking) attackers will be fairly happy to face that.

Then we come to our midfield, and the two wide players who seem to offer pace and no end product.

Let's not forget that Heskey doesn't score goals, so if Rooney isn't on form (or is neutralised by a tactically astute opposing manager) we've got a problem there. I'm not going to allow personal prejudice to question the omission of a striker who got 24 Premier League goals last year, but I don't understand why Crouch came on instead of Defoe. Defoe would offer something different - Crouch is another great lighthouse of a target man who does more or less what Heskey does (but sometimes scores).

And finally, while Green's error was pretty horrible the alternatives are David 'Calamity' James or the more or less untried Joe Hart. Personally I'd pick James, simply for his experience, but it's not inspiring.

So while I respect your optimism, I really can't share it. And, to be honest, I'd say 14 is about right for the USA. They're a decent team, but nothing special. Not unlike England. In terms of the WC, 9 and 14 are more or less the same - it implies going out in the second round. England's rating of 8 suggests going out in the quarters. And I think that's the likely fate of both these teams.

We shall see!

Bels
16-06-2010, 22:11
Too be honest, Green is a successful experienced goalkeeper playing top international games. He has already been successful and has been respected in the past. It is just so unfortunate for him over this fluke, a serios mistake.

But let us not forgt his past credibility, and just accept that England is England, and simply gets bad luck now and again.

Bring Green back, to fight back for his dignity. as that is what I say. The media should be promoting him by showing his highlights of premier football where he was excellent. Let et us put in the back of our minds as simple bad luck. As that is what it was.

Bels
16-06-2010, 22:25
As far as I remember, all English players are brought back to get their dignity back, and I think we must continue with this idea. So sometime through the world cup Green should come back to save his dignity. We all remember our penalty shooters being at one time or another. The same should apply to our premier division goal keeper. He is after all a professional and respected goal keeper in England, and deserves his chance to make up for lost amends, just the same as our players had when they had disasters on penalty shoot-outs.

andymackem
17-06-2010, 15:48
Green was rated by Opta as the keeper who made most unforced errors in the Premier League last season, which isn't a promising sign.

And my concerns about the performance against USA came from our first half. After scoring, England did nothing useful. USA had more possession of the ball and were causing a fair amount of confusion by swinging routine balls into the box - the kind of crosses which should have been meat and drink to Premier League defenders. The manner of the goal was a surprise, the fact of the goal wasn't.

In the second half England improved slightly, but let's not forget that the closest anyone came to scoring a second was when Jozy Altidore hit the post (the same Altidore who managed one goal all season playing in the Premier League for Hull City). Apart from Heskey's one-on-one, which he should have done better with, England did little with their extra possession. Neither Lennon nor Wright-Phillips suggested that they have anything more than pace to offer, which simply isn't enough at this level. Let's see what tomorrow night has to offer.

dontcallme
18-06-2010, 00:38
We don't have a very good team this year in my opinion. If we can win the group and results go our way then we can have a relatively easy way to the semis before losing to the first superior team we play.

I'm thinking we'll bounce back and get a good result toorrow.

Bels
18-06-2010, 21:52
And don't forget the famous USA tactics of shirt pulling at a critical moment of an opponent team scoring a goal or preventing being scored against.

Yes the USA football team are famous for shirt pulling. They did it against England, but they couldn't do it against Slovenia. The referee on the USA v Slovenia match had obviously watched the England vs USA game and had already made a decision to keep an eye on the Yanks. Hence a goal disallowed for constant shirt pulling. Naughty, Naughty USA. Don't do it again. Even Maradonna dared only do the golden hand hand once against, and he was smart enough not to do the same trick again.

Bels
18-06-2010, 21:57
If we even draw against Algeria I think England should go home straight after and forget about football. Perhaps the might be better off in concentrating in American rugby football instead. Tonight is a win or nothing, and also we must thrash Slovenia without shirt pulling or any other form of foul play, or I give up watching them.

We don't have a very good team this year in my opinion. If we can win the group and results go our way then we can have a relatively easy way to the semis before losing to the first superior team we play.

Bels
18-06-2010, 22:14
Look on the positive side. England qulified for World cup with great results and no defeats. Even with USA there was no defeat, however putting aside Greens stupid blunder of throwing a football into his own net, with the number of attacks and shots that England made against USA they should have got another goal, but they didn't. Shirt pulling or whatever, they should still have got another goal, but they didn't.

But yes if England draws or loses against Algeria, I will totally agree with you.

I think it must be remembered that all times we should respect all times is that all teams who have qualified for the world should be respected. And they qualified because they deserved it , due to performance and a bit of luck.

This is why we shouldn't always expect the traditionally known top rated teams to always be the best, As times do change.

However. England must beat Algeria, and hopefully they will inspire us all with great strength, No safety play and go for the thrashing. 7-0 to England would be most appeiciative.