PDA

View Full Version : Lada Kalina sport 1.6

Benedikt
09-06-2010, 10:11
YouTube- Lada Kalina и Lada Kalina Sport 1,6
in my yard we have one,(not mine, that's why i am asking here) brand new,burgundy metallic red, from the LOOKS of it just great.:nut:
anyone has one/ had one.../ likes the car/ hates anything that is made in Russia.:suspect:
and how much (+-) for a new one or good second hand, if there is something like that. where in Moscow would be a good Lada dealer.I know 'check out the net..':rolleyes:
but i would like to hear from people who actually have/had one.:9456:

TolkoRaz
09-06-2010, 11:05
Looks like it will be good at avoiding Moscow's potholes! :) Not sure about the way the car must be parked though! ;)

Matt24
09-06-2010, 11:31
YouTube- Lada Kalina и Lada Kalina Sport 1,6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcBeJl2EFqk)
in my yard we have one,(not mine, that's why i am asking here) brand new,burgundy metallic red, from the LOOKS of it just great.:nut:
anyone has one/ had one.../ likes the car/ hates anything that is made in Russia.:suspect:
and how much (+-) for a new one or good second hand, if there is something like that. where in Moscow would be a good Lada dealer.I know 'check out the net..':rolleyes:
but i would like to hear from people who actually have/had one.:9456:

list price is around $10k, with an extra 50,000 Rur for the 'sport' pack, but at 96hp from a 1.6 it's hard to imagine what sport they're thinking of - realistically if you are able to bargain you should be able to negotiate 20% off of the list price easily, and maybe even 40%, Lada dealers performance is measured mainly in terms of units shipped - personally I think even at 6K this car is far from a bargain - a 4 year old second hand Hyundai Getz will give you almost the same dimensions, a much greater power to weight ratio, have a longer life expectancy, lower fuel consumption and adolescents won't point at you and laugh, having worked on several occasions for enterprises with Russian only car policies, I'm pretty convinced there are no good Lada dealers in Moscow, the one in Zelinograd was the best I found.

ReallyGreatConcerts
09-06-2010, 15:10
Those of us who have been living/working in Russia since the mid-1980s (when I had my first period of living in the USSR) will remember a popular joke list called "100 Ways To Know You've Been Living In Moscow Too Long".

Somewhere around #87 on this list was

You begin to find cars manufactured in Russia to be attractively designed

Benedikt
09-06-2010, 16:22
Those of us who have been living/working in Russia since the mid-1980s (when I had my first period of living in the USSR) will remember a popular joke list called "100 Ways To Know You've Been Living In Moscow Too Long".

Somewhere around #87 on this list was
most things come from china/indonesia/malaysia/mexico or god knows where. so made in Germany is NOT necessary a sign or name of quality as it was.

ReallyGreatConcerts
09-06-2010, 16:46
most things come from china/indonesia/malaysia/mexico or god knows where. so made in Germany is NOT necessary a sign or name of quality as it was.

I was really referring more to the design of this Kalina ;)

"Made in Germany" at least survives as a quality assurance of the work done by Chinese, Koreans etc :)

I would never buy another Russian-made car. The build quality is terrible, the parts are sub-standard, everything begins to break & fail within 2 years, and soon you're driving an unsaleable wreck with a resale value of 0 :( Frankly I don't have a car now - and my life is so much easier than when I had a Russian car. I take taxis whenever I want, and my spend is less. No cleaning the snow off in the morning. No document problems with GIBBD every day. No problem finding a gas station in Moscow. No "evacuation" to a spets-stoyanka 20km beyond the MKAD at 3am. :)

FlakeySnowballer
09-06-2010, 22:03
YouTube- Лада Приора