PDA

View Full Version : What time is best to start drinking?

Lled
14-04-2005, 15:48
Dear Mr Etiquette Person,

This has been bothering me for some time now: I am not sure if it is socially acceptable to be a staggering drunk by 8am in the morning or if I should wait until at least 9.30am to kick old ladies and pass out on the pavement in my own p*ss?

Please help.

Anonymous from Lubyanka

joners66
14-04-2005, 15:51
To do it properly you should still be drunk from the week before and pass out in someone elses piss.
If you dont wake up in the morning surrounded by empty tins of special brew with renal shutdown then you havent had a good time

Random
14-04-2005, 15:55
Dear Anon

Could you be a tad more specific ?

Have you just woken up and this is the start of your day ? Or have you been up all night and are just trying to stage a 24 knees up.

If just woken up it is perfectly normal to have a glass of champagne with breakfast and maybe a dash of Amarettto in your Orange juice. Cointreau on ones cornflakes might be seen as a tad excessive.

To be in a state by 9.30am requires a beer and to be quite frank an all night session the night before .....or a can of Special Brew.

Hope this helps

R

Lled
14-04-2005, 15:59
Originally posted by Random
Dear Anon

Could you be a tad more specific ?

Have you just woken up and this is the start of your day ? Or have you been up all night and are just trying to stage a 24 knees up.

If just woken up it is perfectly normal to have a glass of champagne with breakfast and maybe a dash of Amarettto in your Orange juice. Cointreau on ones cornflakes might be seen as a tad excessive.

To be in a state by 9.30am requires a beer and to be quite frank an all night session the night before .....or a can of Special Brew.

Hope this helps

R

I understand you are implying that being staggeringly drunk by 9.30am is not actually socially acceptable as I had been led to believe all these years.

May I substitute the Cointreau in the cornflakes for everclear windscreen anti-smear?

Anon from Tverskaya metro at 23.00 last night

CatGirl
14-04-2005, 16:00
Originally posted by llednomis

Anonymous from Lubyanka

Anonymous, why from Lubyanka?

Better not to start it ever. Or. . .

Lled
14-04-2005, 16:01
Originally posted by cosmogirl

Artistic licence, fluffy, that's all

Pobman
14-04-2005, 16:04
I think about 2.5 years old is the best time... before then the muscles are not developed enough to hold the beer bottle for long periods.

monkey-girl
14-04-2005, 16:05
In 1998 I used to work for a company, well for a number of dudes rather than for a company who were more than just relaxed when running their business.

Once I saw a announcement stuck to the wall in thier office saying:

No drinking until 3 pm

And I was told that such "notice" developed from the following:

1) no drinking until 5 pm Friday

then

2) no drinking until Friday

then

3) no drinking until 5 pm

and only then

no drinking until 3 pm

Kseniya
14-04-2005, 16:07
No drinking until the end of your working day!:rolleyes: even tea and coffee:p

I remember my ex-colleague (at my previous work). He is around 55 yo now, and from time to time he drank a lot...And that happened quiet often (fortunately he drank not in the office). He just called at the office and said that smth has happened with his daugher/dog/cat/parrot/hamster etc... Of course we all knew the truth. He is a nice guy but as I see now he still can't give up drinking.

Shatneresque
14-04-2005, 16:10
Nine-thirty in the morning, h*ll! I've seen guys thoughly p*ssed on the commuter trains at 07:00! And they usually offer the babes sitting across from them a pull on their bottle, too! Nastoyashchiye muzhiki!

Random
14-04-2005, 16:17
Originally posted by cosmogirl

Why do I get a feeling the old joke punchline - Well I wouldn't have started from here .....is not far off !

Being a smidge tipsy in the early hours of the morning is only acceptable if one is on ones way home ....

- Debretts Guide