joners66
13-04-2005, 14:37
Lee van Cleef
Charlie Bronson
Clint Eastwood
John Wayne........................

Random
13-04-2005, 14:38
All cowboys have wind chimes you say ???

joners66
13-04-2005, 14:40
they all have wind and thats why they srew their eyes up and look chinese

Cherokee
13-04-2005, 15:44
Yep, thats because so we can concentrate on the target better when we shoot...:D

marmite
13-04-2005, 15:48
It's probably all the beans they eat and sitting on a horse all day makes them squinty eyed:agree:

CatGirl
13-04-2005, 17:00
marmite, I like your avatar. What is it?

marmite
13-04-2005, 17:36
cosmogirl,
it's called dizzy:) of course!!!

yankee@moscow
14-04-2005, 00:02
I was just trying to figure out what the hell a chine was. I'm glad that it wasn't what I was thinking it might be!

John Wayne always had a Chinese cook when he went out on the range, and his name was Hop Sing. Maybe Hop Sing put something in his food?

Goose0009
14-04-2005, 00:14
I've seen people smoke pot and they look chinese.

Cherokee
14-04-2005, 00:27
Originally posted by yankee@moscow
I John Wayne always had a Chinese cook when he went out on the range, and his name was Hop Sing. Maybe Hop Sing put something in his food?
Its been ages, but I sure remember Hop Sing:D

koba65
14-04-2005, 02:04
Originally posted by yankee@moscow
I was just trying to figure out what the hell a chine was. I'm glad that it wasn't what I was thinking it might be!

John Wayne always had a Chinese cook when he went out on the range, and his name was Hop Sing. Maybe Hop Sing put something in his food?

Hord your holses, wasn't Hop Sing in "Bonaza"?

yankee@moscow
14-04-2005, 07:55
He was everywhere in the old west. I remember a movie where John Wayne had already been out on the range at sunrise. He walked up to Hopsing as the sun is still coming up and said, "Top of the morning to you Hopsing. Got any Joe?" He says, "Sure thing." Wayne then says, "Got any whiskey for that Joe?" What a man's man he was!

Shatneresque
14-04-2005, 08:48
All us java junkies love a good cuppa joe in the morning, especially with a wee drop of the Water of Life (which is how whisky is translated literally from the Irish). The only thing better is to have your joe with a nice bowl of red for breakfast! :thumbsup:

Seriously, cowboys and cavalry officers all have "Chinese eyes" because they spend all that time out in the desert, squinting into the sun and trying to keep the sand from getting in. Look at Audie Murphy, Ronald Reagan, Dean Martin, Troy Donahue---they all did it.

By the way, there was a great western on Kultura a few nights ago with James Stewart, Richard Widmark, and Shirley Jones. Anybody else out there catch it?

joners66
14-04-2005, 09:16
As well as having a cook called hopsing in every cowboy movie, John Wayne always had a buddy called kowalski in all his war movies. Always at the end of the movie when John Wayne is singlehandedly flying home a shot up b52 with the flames licking around the cockpit the radio operator (covered in blood) staggers into the cockpit and says
"Kowalskis got it"
Anybody know what he got?

sparky
14-04-2005, 09:21
You have to keep up with the story line.

Remember earlier in the movie when they were huddled together in the mortar crater, Wayne says to Kowalski ‘go get some burgers I’m starving’?

Well at the end he has got them

joners66
14-04-2005, 09:29
Do you think that Hopsing and Wishbone used to swap recipes?

Cherokee
14-04-2005, 13:41
Originally posted by joners66
when John Wayne is singlehandedly flying home a shot up b52 with the flames licking around the cockpit the radio operator (covered in blood) staggers into the cockpit and says
"Kowalskis got it"
Anybody know what he got?

Maybe the lethal bullet and the ticket to hell???

joners66
14-04-2005, 13:54
We will now have thousands of litigous second generation Poles suing John Waynes estate...........................