PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst business lunches, please!

Katya123
03-06-2010, 23:41
yesterday I had a very nice business lunch in a very new and quite original cafe called Didu in the middle of Myasnitskaya street ( M. Chistye Prudy, Turgenevskaya). It was the best meat I ever had in my life and chicken wings too! Both very juicy, marinated and grilled.

But today i had a very bad experience with the cafe Cocon by m. Prospekt Mira. It has a cool, original design, seats outside in the little Botanical garden but the food sucked big time. It used to be patronized by Silvio Berlusconi's ex-chef who made it a very special place with ice food, but now it is just crap.

Matt24
04-06-2010, 00:16
'Bolshoi' has a very nice business lunch at 1500 Rur, you get free booze too - not really looking for a regular lunch time crowd more sort of a lunch at which you do business

Katya123
04-06-2010, 00:56
quite expensive!:whisper:

kleon
04-06-2010, 10:21
I like the Bourjazeers, Goodmans and Il patio business lunch

tasel
04-06-2010, 10:52
quite expensive!:whisper:

Not as expensive as the Kings breakfast at the Ritz Carlton which costs 70000rub:10518:

nbogaard
04-06-2010, 11:04
Silver's used to have a very nice business lunch and, strangely enough, Night Flight also had a great business lunch. The first time I went, I thought that the other guys were teasing me but I went along. There were no girls working but the second floor had a very nice, inexpensive business lunch. I do not know if either of them still have a business lunch.

Katya123
04-06-2010, 12:31
Guys, do ur companies you work for pay for such expensive business lunches?
I can hardly imagine a European paying so much from his own pocket lol

Ian G
04-06-2010, 16:46

Well I'd never pay that much for lunch. Probably because I'm European, and therefore cheap, as you say, Katya.

MickeyTong
04-06-2010, 17:32
I'll try again.........

"Lunch is for wimps." Gordon Gekko, Wall Street.

FlakeySnowballer
04-06-2010, 20:44
I'll try again.........

"Lunch is for wimps." Gordon Gekko, Wall Street.

Chelyabinskie guys prefer eating molten metal (a joke)

Matt24
04-06-2010, 20:54

I thought it was D'americans that were famous for not spending - it's news that you think the europeans might not spend on food and especially wine, but heh you live you learn - Katya remember life is too short for quick lunches and cheap wine, also if you want to do business or do 'the business' a good start is always a good lunch.

cheers Matt

Katya123
04-06-2010, 21:44
Well I'd never pay that much for lunch. Probably because I'm European, and therefore cheap, as you say, Katya. Not cheap, Ian, but reasonable:)

Katya123
04-06-2010, 21:51
I thought it was D'americans that were famous for not spending - it's news that you think the europeans might not spend on food and especially wine, but heh you live you learn - Katya remember life is too short for quick lunches and cheap wine, also if you want to do business or do 'the business' a good start is always a good lunch.

cheers Matt
Matt, cheap is not always crap, expensive is not always best.
And it is not news Europeans don't spend much on food, especially now in hard finacial times lol

Max77
06-06-2010, 23:21
if you're nearby metro Park Kultury, come to Hamovniki restaurant for business lunch. Very good and reasonable. For occasional dining only.

www.hamovniki-beer.ru/

Katya123
28-06-2010, 23:06
mmm, thanks!