PDA

View Full Version : Pygmalion

Angym
30-05-2010, 09:29
Hi, Everyone!

Yesterday I watched the PERFECT comedy called Pygmalion in the theater of Sovremennik (www.sovremennik.ru). I recommend strongly to visit this performance:10806:, unfortunately only to Russian speakers :10301:. But on the other hand the story is famous, written by Bernard Shaw, so the action on a stage should be understandable to foreigners too.

The actors’ play is excellent, I was laughing until my cries. :trampoline:The stars of the performance are Elena Yakovleva (Елена Яковлева) and Sergey Makovecky (Сергей Маковецкий), they are my favorite’s ones, but all other actors are very good.

May be it is extra to say that the plot is full of profound phrases, which I tried to remember in vain (with my bad memory), so I have already opened the text of story Pygmalion for rereading.

Good luck!

nbogaard
30-05-2010, 12:01
It is a wonderful play. Even though my Russian is not up to understanding, I know the play well enough that I should be fine. Thanks for the information.

tvadim133
30-05-2010, 13:46
I have never seen Makovetsky on stage and wonder very much how he is "alive".

Last time I watched Pigamalion there was with Gaft (super) and Yakovleva.

FlakeySnowballer
30-05-2010, 15:59
I am going to Pigmalion with Rutberg. It is a comedy as well.

Nattta
30-05-2010, 19:18
I watched Pygmalion at Sovremennik few months ago and agree that the performance is wonderful!!! They also have very good performances of Chekhov's plays. "Three Sisters" are strongly recommended (watched it with my American friend whose Russian level was intermediate and she just read a play before we watched it and could understand about 70% of the play).