PDA

View Full Version : Yuschenko's speech

klasno
07-04-2005, 16:34
I've decided to post part of the text of Yuschenko's congressional speech.

VIKTOR YUSHCHENKO DELIVERS REMARKS BEFORE A JOINT SESSION OF THE U.S. CONGRESS April 6th, 2005

The time has come to make real steps toward each other.

Step one, dear friends, we want to bury the Cold War relics. Senators and House members, I'm calling upon you to waive the Jackson-Vanik amendment. Make this step. Please make this step toward Ukraine. Please tear down this wall.

Step two, the new Ukrainian government has on an unprecedented scale opened Ukrainian market, dramatically reducing customs restrictions. In return, we expect the United States to cancel their restrictions that apply to Ukrainian goods in the U.S. market. I'm calling upon you, ladies and gentlemen, please make this step.

Step three, the nonrecognition of the market-based economy status for Ukraine is an anachronism. Ukrainian producers are deprived of the rights enjoyed by their competitors. The time has come to restore fairness.

Three days ago, Ukraine has officially requested the U.S. government to grant market-based economy to Ukraine, and we are requesting that you make it happen by the fall.

Step four, by November of this year Ukraine must become a WTO member. I would encourage you in the nearest month, please support our WTO accession.

Step five, we invite the United States to, during this year, involve all political, financial and technological resources to erect a new shelter over the destroyed reactor of Chernobyl power plant. I would ask the Congress to support relevant (ph) programs.

Step six, we want to see up to two Ukrainian students learning in the U.S. universities over the next five years. I would encourage the Congress to finance such educational programs for Ukrainian students.

Step seven, Ukraine has agreed to waive visa regime for the United States citizens.

I would request the U.S. government to, in the speediest possible manner, make reciprocal steps to help in relation to Ukrainian students, politicians and business people.

Step eight, on behalf of Ukraine I would ask you to include it in the list of participants of Millennium Challenge program.

Following these priorities, we can make many others happen. For this, we have necessary possibilities in different areas.

http://www.allamericanpatriots.com/m-news+article+storyid-8912-PHPSESSID-87b73d1e6cbcad2236c47d2a4c8ea7b9.html
(originally from www.state.gov)

Does anyone know when Yuschenko plans to implement the visa regime changes?

jheisel
07-04-2005, 17:35
re: step six -- two students studying in America is pretty ambitious! I wonder if that's a mis-transcription....

Natella S.
08-04-2005, 01:44
You mis-read - they said up to two. I'm sure that if they had one student studying there that his salo-eating peers would be more than envious!

straun
08-04-2005, 04:11
maybe he meant two per university

J.D.
08-04-2005, 07:02
Maybe the emphasis was on 'studying'. There could be hundreds there already but all they do is party.

Cherry
08-04-2005, 16:33
I bet Bush was very happy with speech!

Revolution money starts giving profit................

Cherry
08-04-2005, 16:36
Originally posted by klasno

Step three, the nonrecognition of the market-based economy status for Ukraine is an anachronism. Ukrainian producers are deprived of the rights enjoyed by their competitors. The time has come to restore fairness.

Market economy treatment for Ukraine???

no waaaay:agree:

surfsky
09-04-2005, 00:25
Step nine in Kiev ellivator music will be replaced with the sounds of women climaxing.
Step Ten we take all convicts and have a last man standing death battle. The winner will be appointed as the new ambassador to Barbados.

J.D.
09-04-2005, 05:40
I bet he gets most everything he asked for.
Why?
Well multiple reasons
1. As a reward for not going to Russia
2. As an incentive to other former Soviet block countries to follow suit.
and
3. Every thing he asked for really would help the Ukraine along in the direction that the West wants them to go.

It will be interesting to see Russia's reaction. Some KGB types are surely already grinding their teeth over the orange revolution and then to see the Ukraine start to pull ahead of Russia in any manner, economic-world status-etc, will surely rub them the wrong way.

dacha_culture
21-04-2005, 22:08
Yuschenko is just another election victory for the CIA. It's good in a way, because now they don't have to waste money plotting a military coup.

tbill
22-04-2005, 03:43
Yuschenko is just another election victory for the CIA. It's good in a way, because now they don't have to waste money plotting a military coup.

"One of the more disturbing developments to come out of the situation in Ukraine is watching Anglo-American dissidents shamelessly defile themselves. Leftist media like counterpunch.org and The Nation, horrified by what they mistakenly see as a Bush victory in Ukraine (rather than a victory for millions of Ukrainians), have come down hard on Yushchenko's crowd, attempting to legitimize Yanukovich, and basically toeing the Kremlin's hysteric spin."

Read the rest (http://www.exile.ru/2004-December-24/russias_fifth_column.html)

dacha_culture
22-04-2005, 20:11
That's really funny Tbill. What agency of misinformation do you work for?

tbill
22-04-2005, 20:30
That's really funny Tbill. What agency of misinformation do you work for?

The guys at the exile aren't neo-cons and if they can see that Yushenko was not a CIA puppet then I think you should consider the evidence. Of course if you want to ignore any info that might clash with your worldview, shine on you crazy diamond.

dacha_culture
22-04-2005, 21:26
The guys at the exile aren't neo-cons and if they can see that Yushenko was not a CIA puppet then I think you should consider the evidence.

And I see you get your evidence from the exile? Well, in that case you must know what you are talking about. (I almost fell out of my seat laughing when I read that. Thanks T, you really made my day.)

By the way, you never disagreed with me, so I don't know why you are taking personal offence? All I suggested was that the CIA played a role in the Ukrainian elections.

Whether or not Yuschenko is a CIA puppet is anyone's guess. It doesn't matter either way, as it is already very clear that what side of the table Yuschenko is on.

tbill
23-04-2005, 22:40
And I see you get your evidence from the exile? Well, in that case you must know what you are talking about. (I almost fell out of my seat laughing when I read that. Thanks T, you really made my day.)

By the way, you never disagreed with me, so I don't know why you are taking personal offence? All I suggested was that the CIA played a role in the Ukrainian elections.

Whether or not Yuschenko is a CIA puppet is anyone's guess. It doesn't matter either way, as it is already very clear that what side of the table Yuschenko is on.

And I see you attack the messenger and not the message. Try reading the article and then tell me what is wrong with it, in your opinion. I happen to think it is an excellent explanation of what happened in the Ukraine.

I have no idea what you are saying so it is difficult to disagree with you. You made an assertion about the Ukraine election being a victory for the CIA. It was also a victory for George Soros by your logic. So I posted an article and you ask me what ministry of misinformation I work for. What the F**K does that mean? You want to debate the points or sling witty repartee? So far you have been totally incoherent.

So tell me, what side of the table is Yushenko on? Cut out the cryptic BS and make an argument.