PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a driver (with his own car) - how much?

ntm
27-05-2010, 18:13
Hi,

I'm very new over here and have quickly decided that I don't really fancy driving round Moscow! Whilst we will get the metro as much as possible, I'm thinking that we will need a car to get to some places, such as the gym / supermarket / work etc... especially in the winter.

Company policy was to give us a car, but we refused that, and have asked for them to provide a car and driver instead. We think its now likely that they will give us an allowance to pay for both, but we're not sure what figure we'd need each month?

So firstly - any idea of the cost of getting a driver and for him to provide the car?

Secondly, where would you go to find them?

many thanks!

jaggi lamba
27-05-2010, 18:59
I have a driver who has his car and wants a job. he is quite reliable. We used to pay 30000 rubles. Let me know if you need assistance. My cell no. is 7498480.

whizkid
27-05-2010, 21:06
I'm looking for a driver /full time/ with a car as well /for one of my clients/.

so feel free to PM if you're looking for a job or have anyone who might be interested in this position!

FYI: average costs/info provided by different agencies/ for a driver with his own car is something like 50-70 000 RUR (incl gas,etc). note that you'll have to pay agency's fee - extra approx. 50 000 RUR for agency's services.

that's why it makes a lot more sence to try and find a driver/nanny/cleaner yourself via expat community!

ntm
27-05-2010, 23:28
Whizkid - are those agency fees a one off? Do you know of any good agencies where you can find such drivers? thanks

Aussie1973
28-05-2010, 16:32
You will often find drivers advertised in Barbara Spier's excellent news letter Fun Stuff.

Find out more about it at the Living in Moscow website
http://www.livinginmoscow.ru/

I just loaded the page to get the address for you and first thing that came up was an agency add, http://www.family-care.ru/

You can also look up Living in Moscow on FaceBook and add them there. Tons of useful information.

Good Luck!

whizkid
28-05-2010, 21:54
I wouldn't reccommend this 'Family care' agency as they were unreasonable to me and not efficent at all! - but that's only my experience. all they were interested in was how to make a quick money and they acted like the majority of Real Estate agencies of Moscow when they ask you to pay a 1-month rent commission and they don't care whether it took a week to find an apartment or months /or whether it took 10 tours/30 viewings or just 1 tour/4 viewings to find a good option/. 'family care' asks for a commission that equals to a 1-month salary of a driver-which I think is absolutely rediculous for that kind of services.

anyway, I'd reccommend you to use 'Bureau Dobrih Uslug/Бюро Добрых Услуг ' http://www.service-dobro.ru they help with finding drivers, nannies, cleaners, etc. BUT their website is in Russian only (I believe they don't normally work with expats) which means that you need a help of your Russian friend or assistant or realtor,etc.

BTW only by the end of this spring (4 more days) they can help you to find a driver/nanny/cleaner free of charge / that means that it's the driver/nanny/cleaner to pay them for their help in finding a job-that's what I think is reasonable and right/!!!

feel free to PM if you have any questions re this issue-I'd be glad to provide you with useful info.

hope this helps!

best,
Kate.

tasel
28-05-2010, 22:29
It would be usually $1000 for the driver and some do provide their own vehicle and you got to pay for the fuel.

Corvin
09-02-2011, 17:54
Welcome to Moscow!

Whether you here for business or pleasure the Moscow Assistant is always there to make your trip successful. We offer personal assistance for those who need occasional help and not willing to hire a full-time assistant. Need a ride in the city or to/from airport, stranded in non-English speaking environment, feeling frustrated with Russian agencies, want to have your events scheduled-look no further! You have found you best personal assistant in the city! At Moscow Assistant we appreciate your valuable time and understand your everyday needs. Our rates are quite affordable. Try us now - give us a call today.

moscowassistant.com

princejames
30-03-2011, 18:18
Hi,

I'm very new over here and have quickly decided that I don't really fancy driving round Moscow! Whilst we will get the metro as much as possible, I'm thinking that we will need a car to get to some places, such as the gym / supermarket / work etc... especially in the winter.

Company policy was to give us a car, but we refused that, and have asked for them to provide a car and driver instead. We think its now likely that they will give us an allowance to pay for both, but we're not sure what figure we'd need each month?

So firstly - any idea of the cost of getting a driver and for him to provide the car?

Secondly, where would you go to find them?

many thanks! call me i have good expiriance with moscow roads

Benedikt
30-03-2011, 21:13
where do you live and where does the driver live? will he be on standby and you call him when you need him? and how long will it take him to come to your place and pick you up. drivers also do not work 24/7 and have days off.
If you are using the Metro, that means you are not afraid of getting 'local'. Good for you.
Since i do not know which district you live i tell you what i do when I need a car. we have one car and that might be in use ... during rush hour, no sense to use the car, you sit in the traffic jam. if you are near a tram, use the tram. or Metro. Go shopping near home, you can walk. Here in Strogino, where I live, we have at nearly every bus stop cars with drivers. Private ,clean cars, no smoking drivers, not smelling. Driving you around INSIDE the district, cost 100 rubles.I have calling cards from most guys that i use frequently, i know when they are working and when i need a car, i call one and they come and pick me up. or i walk the few hundred meters to the tram stop. For big shopping, if it happens i am alone without car, at every Aushan, Stockman, Hypermarket you have cars standing by. AND IF YOU DO NOT LIKE A SMELLY SHIGULI well, there is always a clean Toyota or Mazda. And going to a show or movie in the evening, for sure you will have to pay your driver overtime.I wonder if it is worth.

4devchata
13-04-2011, 14:56
We are also looking for a driver with his own car, full-time (need car available for kids, etc.). Not having much luck getting a decent one with a decent car who doesn't want to sdirat' s nas shkurki. May have to break down and buy our own car.

FatAndy
13-04-2011, 16:30
sdirat' s nas shkurki - incorrect. Drat' po tri shkury. ;)

Fosto2aa
28-05-2011, 21:49
Here in Strogino, where I live, we have at nearly every bus stop cars with drivers. Private ,clean cars, no smoking drivers, not smelling. Driving you around INSIDE the district, cost 100 rubles.I have calling cards from most guys that i use frequently, i know when they are working and when i need a car, i call one and they come and pick me up. or i walk the few hundred meters to the tram stop. For big shopping, if it happens i am alone without car, at every Aushan, Stockman, Hypermarket you have cars standing by. AND IF YOU DO NOT LIKE A SMELLY SHIGULI well, .[/QUOTE]

Could you provide me with some numbers and how much does it cost for 40km back and forth including waiting 1 hour?!