PDA

View Full Version : Hangover

Random
07-04-2005, 12:23
I have a hangover the size of Wales or maybe Belgium .....

Can I go home yet ???

Surok
07-04-2005, 12:24
no :D

Cherry
07-04-2005, 12:24
Originally posted by Random

Can I go home yet ???

must be hard:(

Shatneresque
07-04-2005, 12:25
Originally posted by Cherry
must be hard:(
Not when you're hung over, it ain't! :sick:

Ledka
07-04-2005, 12:27

Can I go home yet ???

of course Random! You should go home! I kindly let you and insist on that! Go and have some beer and fresh air!

Cherry
07-04-2005, 12:27
Originally posted by Shatneresque
Not when you're hung over, it ain't! :sick:

:eek: :shame: :shame:
:D

Surok
07-04-2005, 12:31
Originally posted by Ledka
of course Random! You should go home! I kindly let you and insist on that! Go and have some beer and fresh air!

Ledka, how did you get to be such a nice person?

You automatically say yes, and I automatically say no....

:confused:

joners66
07-04-2005, 12:33
The answer is a "livener" (2 pints of whatever made you drunk in the first place) I assume you are not allowed to drink at work so therefore its perfectly reasonable to get yourself down to the nearest kiosk and take your medicine.

Sidney Bliss
Originally posted by Surok

That's cos, like me, you don't like Random very much. The old lush :D

Random

Cheers !! Beer though ...not sure I could handle a beer !! Sitting on a bench in the sun at Pat Ponds does have a nice appeal though .....

Surok sadly most of the people whom work with me agree with you !!!

Random
07-04-2005, 12:41
Originally posted by Sidney Bliss
The old lush :D

Guilty as charged .....

now excuse me while I go to the toilet and chat with god on the large white phone ...

:vomit:

Lled
07-04-2005, 12:43

Can I go home yet ???

You shoulda avoided that last beer at the BH last night. It's always the last beer that's off and ruins everything.

:sick:

Cherry
07-04-2005, 12:44
Originally posted by llednomis
You shoulda avoided that last beer at the BH last night. It's always the last beer that's off and ruins everything.

why drinking ?:confused:

Lled
07-04-2005, 12:45
why drinking ?:confused:

Because drinking puts things into perspective and it's very grown up to drink until you puke.

Cherry
07-04-2005, 12:49
Because drinking puts things into perspective and it's very grown up to drink until you puke.

grown up to get sick in the office the next day?:rolleyes: :D

Random
07-04-2005, 12:51

Indeed your right - I should have avoided the last one & to be honest all it's mates that I had quaffed before it !

:drink:

Lled
07-04-2005, 12:52

Exactly

Random
07-04-2005, 12:57

Indubitably ....

Right now you could just take me outside and shoot me - just to make the pain go away .....

Cherry
07-04-2005, 13:00
Indubitably ....

Right now you could just take me outside and shoot me - just to make the pain go away .....

im respect human rights.. id give you a pill:D

Random
07-04-2005, 13:01
Pils ? NOOOOOOOOO not more lager !!!

Cherry
07-04-2005, 13:05
Pils ? NOOOOOOOOO not more lager !!!

just wanted to invite for a little drink with me tonight......but obviously you wont:agree:

:)

Random
07-04-2005, 13:09
just wanted to invite for a little drink with me tonight......but obviously you wont:agree:

:)

I would love to buy you a drink tonight ! Thank you for your very kind invitation ......

But sadly I have a chum arriving intown for a weekend of boisterous behavior - so this state I am in will continue for the next few days !!

:cry:

Ledka
07-04-2005, 13:21

we women are all contradictory, aren't we?

Cherokee
07-04-2005, 13:34

Ha Ledka...I found that out many years ago!

Random
07-04-2005, 13:35

Yep !! :agree:

My girlfriend always says I don't call her enough ..I called her at 2am this morning to express my love for her and she got all angry ! You cannot win !!

Ledka
07-04-2005, 13:38

My girlfriend always says I don't call her enough ..I called her at 2am this morning to express my love for her and she got all angry ! You cannot win !!

I can imagine what a happy smile she had on her face when she listened to your drunk confesion and tried to sound angrily in responce. So we are! And we can do nothing against our nature!

Surok
07-04-2005, 13:39
ok random, now I'll join you in your hangover...:(

Ledka
07-04-2005, 13:43
ok random, now I'll join you in your hangover...:(

you too, Surok?!:eh:

Surok
07-04-2005, 13:51
I was sober this morning, but got hit with a departmental birthday.

you can't refuse to drink to someone on their birthday, can you?

that would be mean...

Lled
07-04-2005, 13:52

You called her at 2am after a night at the BH to say what exactly? On second thoughts, post that in Bardak.

Random
07-04-2005, 13:56
You called her at 2am after a night at the BH to say what exactly? On second thoughts, post that in Bardak.

Oddly enough it was to say - eee you at the Aeroflot office at 9am !

:p

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 16:42
Random, you have my deepest and most profound sympathies.....am also suffering from the inability to not throw the cork away immediately after opening the (second) bottle. Had a dry retch over the photocopier this morning...not good.

nnnnggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh it hurts me adn i've now got to go and teach b*****d wookwork to horrible boys who no doubt will all be farting all afternoon. Why teh hell didn't i beacome an English Teacher?

i think I'm going to be sick.........................

DJ Biscuit
07-04-2005, 16:45
LOL! :D

Do boys refrain from farting then when they are learning English?

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 16:51
ha!

boys fart all the time in my experience, there seems to be a perpetual methane cloud hanging over my workshop.........it's just that teaching English is QUIET and they don't bash things with hammers.

DJ Biscuit
07-04-2005, 16:55

I can't think of much worse than children hitting things with blunt heavy objects. What are they making? Bird boxes, toast racks? I mean what's the point? I bet there's an IKEA not far from the school anyway.

Random
07-04-2005, 17:06
Whats the point ?? Your making stuff man !! It doesn't have to have a point ...its nails ..its power tools .. it prepares you for hours at B&Q later in life !!!

:p

boscoe
07-04-2005, 17:09
aaaahhhhh B&Q.... them's the days....

DJ Biscuit
07-04-2005, 17:10
B&Q

You could always not get married, thus negating any need for DIY or other ridiculous and pointless pursuits.

Random
07-04-2005, 17:15
Originally posted by DJ Biscuit
B&Q

You could always not get married, thus negating any need for DIY or other ridiculous and pointless pursuits.

Or avoid the whole DIY thing and get a professional in !!

Thats what I do !!

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 17:16
I love DIY - I'm seriously good at it, especially putting up shelves...I even have my own spirit level. I get very excited about tools, especially masonry bits.

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 17:17
and rawl plugs - yay!

DJ Biscuit
07-04-2005, 17:19
I should hope so! Although we had a TD teacher at school and on my first day at the school we got into his cl**** he put his feet on the desk, lit a cigarette, offered them round (we were about 11) and spent the rest of the lesson reading his paper.

So it's good to see you showing interest in your subject.

Personally I don't know how you do it. All those kids all day.

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 17:20

I can't think of much worse than children hitting things with blunt heavy objects. What are they making? Bird boxes, toast racks? I mean what's the point? I bet there's an IKEA not far from the school anyway.

no, no, nooooo....we get to play with lathes and big drills, use solvent based products and get covered in s*** and play very loud music - except when Miss has a hangover like today. If we're very good, we get to play on the laser cutter. It's cool man!

DJ Biscuit
07-04-2005, 17:23
It's wicked when kids actually enjoy their subject.

I hated school,when the careers officer said to me ''What are you going to be when you leave school?'' I replied:

''F**cking happy!''

Random
07-04-2005, 17:27
Originally posted by jchidg1
no, no, nooooo....we get to play with lathes and big drills, use solvent based products and get covered in s*** and play very loud music - except when Miss has a hangover like today. If we're very good, we get to play on the laser cutter. It's cool man!

Sounds like a top afternoon - well spent !!

:cool:

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 17:29
I should hope so! Although we had a TD teacher at school and on my first day at the school we got into his cl**** he put his feet on the desk, lit a cigarette, offered them round (we were about 11) and spent the rest of the lesson reading his paper.

- unfortunately, those days are long gone, we all highly trained professional these days. Ahem.

So it's good to see you showing interest in your subject.

Personally I don't know how you do it. All those kids all day.

Teaching boys - piece of p***, on the whole, they're a joy.....you can give them a damn good b******ing in the morning and they've forgotten all about it in the afternoon. Unlike girls, who sulk for fifteen years. I still hate my primary school teachers. Every day I have a good laugh at least once and you can blame any discrete farting on some poor unsuspecting boy.

DJ Biscuit
07-04-2005, 17:34
:D :D :D

We chaps are less complicated in that sense.

I used to hate some of my teachers, bordering on violence but looking back without them I would never have gone to Uni' and I loved that!

I remember being an obnoxious loudmouth (everyone stands back in amazement) and arguing with the Eng Lit teacher when she explained that WB Yeats was a revolutionary poet. I went beserk and said if he was a revolutionary he would have manned the barricades against the British imperialists and not sat safely at home writing poncey poets that no one will read!

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 17:40
:D :D :D

We chaps are less complicated in that sense.

I used to hate some of my teachers, bordering on violence but looking back without them I would never have gone to Uni' and I loved that!

I remember being an obnoxious loudmouth (everyone stands back in amazement) and arguing with the Eng Lit teacher when she explained that WB Yeats was a revolutionary poet. I went beserk and said if he was a revolutionary he would have manned the barricades against the British imperialists and not sat safely at home writing poncey poets that no one will read!

Bet that went down like a cup of cold sick

DJ Biscuit
07-04-2005, 17:44
I wasn't popular with my teachers I think it's because I was cleverer than they were! They got me suspended for writing an anti Thatcher article for the school rag: 'The Thatcher Threat' in which I aimed to prove that she was a threat to democracy, trade unions and will leave many working class people homeless.

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 17:59
I wasn't popular with my teachers I think it's because I was cleverer than they were! They got me suspended for writing an anti Thatcher article for the school rag: 'The Thatcher Threat' in which I aimed to prove that she was a threat to democracy, trade unions and will leave many working class people homeless.

Threat to civilisation as we knew it I think.

Teachers (synonomous with pinko liberal tenderncies) didn't like you writing an anti-Thatcher article?? WHere the b*gg**y b*****ks did you go to scholl, f*****g Eton?

DJ Biscuit
07-04-2005, 18:02
We've met I believe, would you be able under the influence of any mindbending drugs ever be able to say I went to Eton?!

No, it was complaints from some of the parents that I was trying to influence their children and that I was a disruptive hooligan. I wouldn't have minded with some of the girls doing a bit of pinko horizontal recruitment!

Sidney Bliss
07-04-2005, 18:08
'The Thatcher Threat' in which I aimed to prove that she was a threat to democracy, trade unions and will leave many working class people homeless.

You were right!

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 18:13
Originally posted by Sidney Bliss
You were right!

Don't want to think about her any more, the 80s still make me shudder. I'm going to think about nice things like power tools.

And yes, Dj, I see what you mean, there are not enough drugs on teh planet to convince me that you could have ever have gone to Eton .

Random
07-04-2005, 18:25
What - never been to Eton ? Splendid place !!

Pip pip !

"Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trousers down,
Isn't life a scream!"

:cool:

DJ Biscuit
07-04-2005, 18:30

And yes, Dj, I see what you mean, there are not enough drugs on teh planet to convince me that you could have ever have gone to Eton .

What are you trying to say?

;)

I agree, let's not get on about that b**ch.

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 18:47
What are you trying to say?

;)

I agree, let's not get on about that b**ch.

Ha ha - I meant that having had the foresight to recognise aforesaid b**ch as the antichrist in a twinset, you obviously don't come from the depleted gene pool or have a complete lack of chin that are essential prerequesites to Eton!

Actually I've rowed with a few ex-Eton boys, they're Ok really...

- except for the one eye

and I mean the one-eye between their ears just to pre-empt any descent into total smut.

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 18:49
God, my hangover just won't go.....a real bas***d behind the eyeballs.....are you still suffering Random?

Random
07-04-2005, 18:50
Too hungover for smut today !!

Random
07-04-2005, 18:53
God, my hangover just won't go.....a real bas***d behind the eyeballs.....are you still suffering Random?

Oh Yeah still walking wounded - the fact I am in jeans not a suit today - unshaven & I growl at people who bother me - gives the game away a little that I have the mother of all hangovers !

Now if the small people drilling at the back of my head would give it a rest I'd be fine

And the fun part is I get to do it all over again tonight !!

:eek:

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 19:00
eeeewwww, you have more stamina than me.

I'm sure I have a large rat knawing at the back of my skull.

My classes have had the biggest doss today, lots of colouring in and me shaking quietly behind my laptop trying not to throw up.

Random
07-04-2005, 19:03
I have a mate flying in for a weekend of drunken debauchery - so will be ok maybe tonight - just a few beers at Tinkoff !

I have not had the most productive of days either - supposed to be writing a huge report ..and so far I've written the opening line !!

Looking at my diary - I think I get a night off next Saturday !!

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 19:21
My God, your poor liver. I once made the mistake of drinking with my boyfriend's Russian buddies in Tashkent. The next morning I did a quite spectacular vom ( think of the Prince of Wales feathers in partly digested plov and vodka) all over the front wing of his car and right in front of a busload of deeply unimpressed Uzbeks.

i like to feel that i did my bit for Anglo-Uzbek relations that day.

God I still feel shaken when I think about it....never ever again, sticking to beer and wine from now on.

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 19:25
Mind you , it's almost beer o'clock and I've just been asked if I fancy a beer over the road....hmmmmm.........well, I suppose we've got tomorrow morning off thanks to his Popeness popping his clogs (Catholic school) ....so maybe one won't hurt............

Random
07-04-2005, 19:29
Nasty !

I just fear the absinthe at the BH - some very vague evenings on that ....

jchidg1
07-04-2005, 19:38
Nasty !

I just fear the absinthe at the BH - some very vague evenings on that ....

Very very nasty indeed. The boy was fabulous.....ran across a busy road to get me a bottle of water so that I could rinse out my mouth....definately one for keeps.

Right, I've made my mind up, I think that a very small beer could be in oder and jump on the train rather than cycle the eight miles home. Yes. Good.

Ta ra.

Random
07-04-2005, 19:39
Toodle pip