PDA

View Full Version : CCC Garage

Gilana
26-05-2010, 20:51
Hello! I recomend u to visit exibition of Rothko in Garage (Center for Contemporary Culture). Great paintor, very intresting exibition, excelent place and nice stylish cafe inside!

tvadim133
27-05-2010, 01:22
Hello! I recomend u to visit exibition of Rothko in Garage (Center for Contemporary Culture). Great paintor, very intresting exibition, excelent place and nice stylish cafe inside!

Untill What date will it work?

Actually Obraztsova street is not easy to find for those who do not know Moscow.

Angym
27-05-2010, 15:22
Garage is a very good place for contemporary art exhibitions! I like Garage very much! I have also plane to visit Rothko and sure it is worth seeing.
The exhibition will be displayed till 14 August.

Angym
27-05-2010, 15:25

BTW, Gilana, have u visited the exibition of Rothko already? What is your impression?

Gilana
27-05-2010, 19:59
Yes, i ve visited this exbtn. Its realy smtng mystic... Difficult to exlain, but its seems that colores of his pictures absorbe u inside. Reproductions as compared with original pict. r nothing. Amazing!

Gilana
27-05-2010, 20:01
Untill What date will it work?

Actually Obraztsova street is not easy to find for those who do not know Moscow.

Even for russians!:11629:

Angym
17-06-2010, 15:17
If somebody has visited the Rothko's exhibition please share your opinions.

I’ve got a strange and unexpected result. I didn’t feel anything, when I was staying in front of paintings. I find the Rothko’s main idea (under the stipulation that I understand it right ;) is very interesting. He wanted to impress by clean colors. He didn’t use any drawing in his paintings and didn’t mix colors, only the combination a few colors on quite large-size canvas. I have read it is necessary to see on his creation from a distance 30 cm to get right effect, but in the Garage it is banned. Also I have read, that his creation impresses so much that some people cry on his exhibitions.

I had been so excited to get experience being under influence of colors, but no feeling were got, even no depress from his late dark-color works.

Pls, don’t accept my review as a negative opinion, it is only my individual response, may be something inside me has still closed for the Rothko's creation.

Anyway it wasn’t waste of time, because of the nice experiment and possibility to see the creation at the cost of tens of millions of dollars!

Angym
17-06-2010, 15:27
BTW those mushrooms, Carsten HŲller’s creation, look quite attractive)
http://www.garageccc.com/eng/exhibitions/13619.phtml

Angym
05-07-2010, 00:50
I continue to refresh this thread in hope someone sometimes glances here.:watching:
Yesterday I visited Garage again. This time I recommend visiting exhibition of “The Feast of Trimalchio”. I have got the very strong impression by movie, which was performed on a panorama’s screen and combined with music of Beethoven, Mozart and the third one is a Russian contemporary, but sorry I don’t remember the name. I think it is the perfect work of a group of Russian artists.
More information here http://www.garageccc.com/eng/exhibitions/13527.phtml
:wavey:

martpark
05-07-2010, 09:44
I've been to the exhibit....took the tram from Novoslobodskaya Metro.

I had seen Rothko many years before in London and wasn't impressed and I still feel the same way.

But I liked the Garage as a gallery/exhibition hall. It has a lot of potential and some of the modern art there I thought was quite interesting. The paintings of the Miner's Face was most memorable to me.

Angym
05-07-2010, 14:55
Yes yes it is a very nice place for scale art’s installations and in condition to accept modern contemporary exhibitions.:thumbsup: Also I like how they do business, especially client’s service (we r not spoiled by good client’s service here in Russia:boxing:). As an addition I like the style of a Carage bar. It would be nice to get together with other forum’s members for visiting some exhibitions and discussing impressions after that, but I suppose this subject is not so popular here ( :shame:

nbogaard
06-07-2010, 08:30
If somebody has visited the Rothko's exhibition please share your opinions.

Iíve got a strange and unexpected result. I didnít feel anything, when I was staying in front of paintings. I find the Rothkoís main idea (under the stipulation that I understand it right ;) is very interesting. He wanted to impress by clean colors. He didnít use any drawing in his paintings and didnít mix colors, only the combination a few colors on quite large-size canvas. I have read it is necessary to see on his creation from a distance 30 cm to get right effect, but in the Garage it is banned. Also I have read, that his creation impresses so much that some people cry on his exhibitions.

I had been so excited to get experience being under influence of colors, but no feeling were got, even no depress from his late dark-color works.

Pls, donít accept my review as a negative opinion, it is only my individual response, may be something inside me has still closed for the Rothko's creation.

Anyway it wasnít waste of time, because of the nice experiment and possibility to see the creation at the cost of tens of millions of dollars!

Angym, you are a woman of exceptional taste!!! I got dragged to a Rothko exhibit about 30 years ago in San Francisco and I had the identical reaction. I think it is decoration, not art. I told my wife, at the time, that I thought it was very nice "over the couch" art but that it was in any event, not to my taste.