PDA

View Full Version : Why do U hate Mondays?

Fibre
24-05-2010, 16:06
i really hate Mondays, week by week, year in year out, may be cause i was born in Monday))))

AndreyS
24-05-2010, 16:17
i really hate Mondays, week by week, year in year out, may be cause i was born in Monday))))

...on the Isle of Rotten Luck? ;-)

Viola
24-05-2010, 16:18

:D

http://skazles.ru/files/img/0008.jpg

Fibre
24-05-2010, 16:23

Exactly!)))))

Darya Alexandrovna
24-05-2010, 16:29
May be the problem is not in Mondays, may be the problem is in the way people are taught to think about Mondays? Common image that is supported mechanically...because many people say that or think like that.
"Is it really MY idea, I wonder?"

Fibre
24-05-2010, 16:37
from Friday evening till Monday moning we feel yourself alive

AndreyS
24-05-2010, 16:43
Your B-day is looming btw. ;-)

Fibre
24-05-2010, 16:51
Your B-day is looming btw. ;-)

i don`t like B-day at all, so, it doesn`t matter for me.

AndreyS
24-05-2010, 16:54
i don`t like B-day at all, so, it doesn`t matter for me.
And yet it's inevitable, dear. You'll have to cope with it somehow... ;-(

Darya Alexandrovna
24-05-2010, 16:55
Sorry, this not about the topic, but is it really your rabbit on the avatar? So cute!

AndreyS
24-05-2010, 16:58
Sorry, this not about the topic, but is it really your rabbit on the avatar? So cute!
And is it your legs on yours? ;-)

Fibre
24-05-2010, 17:08
And yet it's inevitable, dear. You'll have to cope with it somehow... ;-(

as it is happened every year, but it`s really easier to overcome it if it`s not on Monday)))))

Fibre
24-05-2010, 17:10

And is it your legs on yours? ;-)

:-D

ReallyGreatConcerts
24-05-2010, 17:42
I like Mondays. But maybe it depends on your job?

I like to finish everything up, so that nothing is left waiting.

So on Monday I have a clear desk, all the problems were solved last week.

It's by around Wednesday that stuff has become really annoying ;)

TolkoRaz
24-05-2010, 17:43
Can I suggest that we, the people, change the make up of the working week which I have always considered to be poorly designed.

I propose that instead of having a 5 day working week and a 2 day weekend, we should have 4 day working week followed by a 3 day weekend :)

As such, the weekend would consist of Saturday, Sunday and Monday! :11581:

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention, we would also finish early on a Friday afternoon to prepare for the newly extended weekend! :bookworm:

And never forget, Fridays are and always will be POETS day (Piss Off Early, Tomorrow's Saturday!) :10293:

AndreyS
24-05-2010, 17:47

I like to finish everything up, so that nothing is left waiting.

So on Monday I have a clear desk, all the problems were solved last week.

It's by around Wednesday that stuff has become really annoying ;)

On the other hand, Wednesday is a hump day. I.e. it starts getting better from Wednesday evening.

shurale
24-05-2010, 18:08
I love Mondays but it's time for me to go to work so I cannot be specific.

Ciao

ReallyGreatConcerts
24-05-2010, 18:12
We could change the order of days of the week:

Tuesday
Wednesday
Monday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Perhaps another reason is that Monday really is a "blue day", and it is named accordingly? Most of the weekday names in English have pagan origins.

"Monday" - "moon day"
"Tuesday" - "Tew's day" (sacred to the pagan god Tew, also called Tyr)
"Wednesday" - "Wodin's day"
"Thursday" - "Thor's day"
"Friday" - "Freya's day"
"Saturday" - "Saturn's day"
"Sunday" - "Sun's day".

Fibre
24-05-2010, 18:16
We could change the order of days of the week:

Tuesday
Wednesday
Monday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Perhaps another reason is that Monday really is a "blue day", and it is named accordingly? Most of the weekday names in English have pagan origins.

"Monday" - "moon day"
"Tuesday" - "Tew's day" (sacred to the pagan god Tew, also called Tyr)
"Wednesday" - "Wodin's day"
"Thursday" - "Thor's day"
"Friday" - "Freya's day"
"Saturday" - "Saturn's day"
"Sunday" - "Sun's day".

who wants to invent other variants? i like this idea!

mistygris
24-05-2010, 19:58
Why change the order of the days? you'll still hate the first day of the week in my mind
as for me i hate thursdays.....

MickeyTong
24-05-2010, 20:04
YouTube- Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays (Live SPOB 1981)

Matt24
24-05-2010, 20:37
I found Monday's became much less hateful once I learnt not to be surprised by them, once I took responsibility for the whole waking up with the sunday times stuck to my forhead in a pool of indescribable pain / remorse and self loathing, often accompanied by the smeared remains of a half digested kebab, I understood that it wasn't Mondays I hated, but the fact that Mondays followed Sundays, by transitioning the start of my 60hr ritual substance abuse to thursday night instead of friday night, I had a built in safety measure that I would run out of money somewhen around sunday 3pm, allowing a minimum 15 hours of recovery time before getting up for work, I felt pretty dreadful at work on Fridays, (but not as bad as I used to feel on Mondays after 2 days and three nights of drinking), but the sensation of wanting to die/vomit/sleep was somewhat tempered by the knowledge that in a few short hours I could start again - Mondays became joyful occasions for me, they even enhanced my reputation as a hard worker and good egg, whilst all around you are chain dissolving alka seltzer, sleeping on the photocopier, and reliving their weekends through the medium of sweaty flashbacks - it's a piece of cake to stand head and shoulders above the rest.

This is how I learnt to love mondays, take control of your life and use the system for your own benefit. Mondays aren't the problem!

Matt

Fibre
24-05-2010, 20:40

It`s depends on my inspiration. May be one day I make myself planning the degree of it, but not nowadays
My muse is asleep on Mondays))

Fibre
24-05-2010, 21:12
I found Monday's became much less hateful once I learnt not to be surprised by them, once I took responsibility for the whole waking up with the sunday times stuck to my forhead in a pool of indescribable pain / remorse and self loathing, often accompanied by the smeared remains of a half digested kebab, I understood that it wasn't Mondays I hated, but the fact that Mondays followed Sundays, by transitioning the start of my 60hr ritual substance abuse to thursday night instead of friday night, I had a built in safety measure that I would run out of money somewhen around sunday 3pm, allowing a minimum 15 hours of recovery time before getting up for work, I felt pretty dreadful at work on Fridays, (but not as bad as I used to feel on Mondays after 2 days and three nights of drinking), but the sensation of wanting to die/vomit/sleep was somewhat tempered by the knowledge that in a few short hours I could start again - Mondays became joyful occasions for me, they even enhanced my reputation as a hard worker and good egg, whilst all around you are chain dissolving alka seltzer, sleeping on the photocopier, and reliving their weekends through the medium of sweaty flashbacks - it's a piece of cake to stand head and shoulders above the rest.

This is how I learnt to love mondays, take control of your life and use the system for your own benefit. Mondays aren't the problem!

Matt

))) You convinced me to except this day of week as it is...

MickeyTong
25-05-2010, 01:15
YouTube- Wilco - Monday

MickeyTong
25-05-2010, 01:17
YouTube- T-Bone Walker - Call It Stormy Monday

MickeyTong
25-05-2010, 01:18
YouTube- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday Monday

MickeyTong
25-05-2010, 01:22
YouTube- Bangles Manic Monday

Fibre
26-05-2010, 23:18
if only it will be rainy Monday. Rain makes me tender

YouTube- Shiny Toy Guns - Rainy Monday (Music Video)

Zitrone
29-05-2010, 06:19
It's really simple. People were never indented to work. People were supposed to eat bananas and grapes.

But people were smart enough to make vodka from banans and wine from grapes. And there you go. More bananas? Go to WORK! More wine? GO TO WORK! This got to stops someday. This is bad. I hate it. I want people to do what I (or someone smarter than me) tell then to do, and everything else will simply come into place. Simple.

Fibre
30-05-2010, 23:48
The next Monday is coming. I sympathize with everyone, who doesn`t want to go to work tomorrow(((

tvadim133
31-05-2010, 00:04
The next Monday is coming. I sympathize with everyone, who doesn`t want to go to work tomorrow(((

Or there is no need.

For me there is not need to get up at 7:00 a.m., just at 9:00.

Home office gives you opportunities to sleep 1-2 hours more.

But nevertheless, Monday is horrible from all points of view.

It is a day, when you are to switch from lazy or active-but-for-your-own-plreaure rithm to business, responsibilities, duties.

AMonk
31-05-2010, 03:57
.....i was born in Monday

You reminded me of an old rhyme.....

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace.

Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go.

Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for his living.

But the child that is born on the Sabbath day,
Is bonny and bright and good and gay.
NOTE - It's an old rhyme, and "gay" means "happy"

So...Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday are all "good" days....it's the other 3 that we have to be careful about:Loco:

:11030:

Fibre
31-05-2010, 10:03
yaah, there is a definite tie between the day of your birth and your character, your appearance

TolkoRaz
31-05-2010, 11:41
So...Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday are all "good" days....it's the other 3 that we have to be careful about:Loco:
:11030:

:eek: How many days are in your week? :confused1:

AMonk
01-06-2010, 14:49
Oooopps! I should have said "the other 2"......but some days just seem to be long enough to account for another, don't they? :nut:

Willy
02-06-2010, 00:04
yaah, there is a definite tie between the day of your birth and your character, your appearance

OK, I was born on Thursday, what's that say about me?

Fibre
02-06-2010, 00:28
OK, I was born on Thursday, what's that say about me?

i suppose U are a born tempter, aren`t U?

U want to know this life in all aspects,preserving your own freedom and independent. U never allow yourself to have boredom in family life. U don`t like to be alone. Anyway U are a rebel, hiding your tender and sensitivity

Willy
02-06-2010, 02:10
i suppose U are a born tempter, aren`t U?

U want to know this life in all aspects,preserving your own freedom and independent. U never allow yourself to have boredom in family life. U don`t like to be alone. Anyway U are a rebel, hiding your tender and sensitivity

Yup!

That's me.

is4fun
02-06-2010, 03:10
Probably the worst monday anyone could have. Song is great but the story behind it is very tragic.

YouTube- I Don't Like Mondays - Bob Geldof