PDA

View Full Version : VOTE FOR PIC OF THE MONTH

Halyavshik
04-04-2005, 12:20
Come see entries for this month's picture of the month contest and vote for your favorite. Click
here (http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21377) to vote.

Regards,
Hal

Halyavshik
04-04-2005, 17:35
Bump

Halyavshik
05-04-2005, 10:08
C'mon, people. Come vote !

Braders
05-04-2005, 10:41
Originally posted by Halyavshik
Come see entries for this month's picture of the month contest and vote for your favorite. Click
here (http://www.energy-computers.co.uk/Newcastle%20United%20FC.jpg) to vote.

Regards,
Hal

Strange link that!

kniga
05-04-2005, 10:42
Halfacheek,

Hard to get people to vote when one beautiful picture looks to have run away with the prize already.

Braders
05-04-2005, 10:43
Originally posted by kniga
Halfacheek,

Hard to get people to vote when one beautiful picture looks to have run away with the prize already.

Kniga, did you partake in this months comp by any chance?

kniga
05-04-2005, 10:47
Braders,

I submitted a photo, but it's running a solid last place! :-)

Halyavshik
05-04-2005, 11:03
Halfacheek,

Knickers,

It's not who wins or loses..... I hope everyone gets a chance to view some of the great submissions this month and see what a talented group we have here. A few votes for any picture might make the owner quite happy. Let's not get depressed just because there's one clear winner. That misses the point, I think, of ultimately enjoying photography for the chance to see some beautiful, and interesting shots.

Hal

kniga
05-04-2005, 11:30
Halfacheek,

By no means! It just spurs us on to find better photos for the next contest. I have no quarrel with the photo that is the runaway favorite for this month's contest -- I started to vote for it myself until I remembered I had entered a photo and thought I should post at least one vote for it to avoid a disasterous zero vote defeat! :-)

Ghost
05-04-2005, 11:34
HalfaTon

It's not who wins or loses? Then why call it a contest?

conĚtest n.
1. A struggle for superiority or victory between rivals.
2. A competition, especially one in which entrants perform separately and are rated by judges.

kniga
05-04-2005, 11:37
Ghost,

Don't be such a Gloomy Gus! Of course it is a contest and everyone who enters wants to be the winner. Some, like Boscoe, want to be a winner whether or not they enter the contest. But Halfacheek is right -- it's more than just about the winner, it's a place to look at some really outstanding photos...even those running dead last!

Ghost
05-04-2005, 11:38
Private joke, bookman!

Halyavshik
05-04-2005, 11:43
Originally posted by Ghost
HalfaTon

It's not who wins or loses? Then why call it a contest?

Is this a trick question or another reggae dance ?

kniga
05-04-2005, 11:46
Ghost,

All right, it must be raggae then...

Cherokee
05-04-2005, 11:51
Halfacheek,

Well to me its the first time, I participate in the contest. So for me its kind of interesting, where I stand in the field of talented photographers you sure have on this board. I even have votes already (unexpected)- But one thing came to my mind: if it seems that one man is running away with the prize every time, why not do it like in NASCAR- races: the winner always gets extra weight in the car to give others a better chance...so in our case here hmmm...maybe we give him cheap camera or scatched lens:D Dont take this idea too serious. I for myself knew right away, that I couldn`t win the contest. It just hits me, that I didnt post a different pic, because I have one similar to the leader...hmmm better chance next time. I try to improve!;)

Halyavshik
05-04-2005, 11:57
Cherokee,

We'd like to do a prize, but at present, we have nothing to give, unfortunately, other than then honor of winning. As you pointed out, there's a good group of pics and it seems to get larger each month, so hopefully, that honor is enough.

But, I agree, and think it'd be neat to try and do something with these pics or monthly contests. Maybe make a calendar or something. The Expat.ru 2006 calendar. Sell 'em somewhere and donate the proceeds to a worthwhile charity. Maybe organize an exhibition somewhere.

The last three contests have seen some great entries (winner or not) and I hope this spurs enough interest among both the photographers and viewers to continue, at the very least, as we are now.

Regards,
Hal

Cherokee
05-04-2005, 12:03
Originally posted by Halyavshik
Cherokee,

We'd like to do a prize, but at present, we have nothing to give, unfortunately, other than then honor of winning. As you pointed out, there's a good group of pics and it seems to get larger each month, so hopefully, that honor is enough.

But, I agree, and think it'd be neat to try and do something with these pics or monthly contests. Maybe make a calendar or something. The Expat.ru 2006 calendar. Sell 'em somewhere and donate the proceeds to a worthwhile charity. Maybe organize an exhibition somewhere.
Regards,
Hal

Hal:
as for me, the purpose of participating in the contest was not any prize - as I said in my other post. But I do like your idea with that calender or exhibition and the later donation to charity very much. I would sure support you on this plan!

Regards, Mario

CatGirl
05-04-2005, 12:27
I voted and realised that fountains attract more attention than everything else. But isn't it really so? I mean that to make a good photo of the sly view much more difficult - to catch a moment and...
Ok, I think that's because of the rainbow colours..Let it be.