PDA

View Full Version : 12 uses for rubber bands...

Benedikt
20-05-2010, 07:24
http://shine.yahoo.com/event/haven/a-dozen-ways-to-stretch-out-a-rubber-band-you-might-not-have-guessed-1425920/

well it is not world braking news.;)
but i wonder if you will open a stuck can ld with a few rubber bands wrapped around.

( i suggest you stick it for a second into boiling water, the kettle for instance. or put it,with the lid down of course, and only if it is a metal lid, on top of a hot electro plate. the heat will make the metal expand ever so slightly,but enough to unscrew the unstuck lid):applause:

bonald
27-05-2010, 11:46
Wow, practically rubber band really are useful... :D flexible to any kind of use...

FatAndy
27-05-2010, 12:40
Well, out of all those usages I did only cable organizing and baby-protected cabinets.

But what is really interesting - sliced apple management - supa!

Regarding stuck can - if it is big enough and made of glass (like 0.7-1 L with tomatoes, cucumbers etc), and you don't take much care of the metal/plastic cap, I just put my elbow in the center of the cap and press strong enough. Usually every can opens easily after it.

Angym
27-05-2010, 15:05
Yes keeping at home a bunch of rubber bands is a very practice thing!!!

And it still is actual for many people to use a rubber band around a bundle of bank-notes;)