PDA

View Full Version : Im getting married!!!



Cherry
01-04-2005, 12:28
Hi everybody
im getting married in the nearest future

:D
how would you spend the last few days of freedom?:p

kniga
01-04-2005, 12:35
Cherry,

Congratulations! I'd spend those days reminding myself that marriage doesn't create the Enchanted Forest of love and faithfulness that most young brides think it does. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication and the guy you're marrying probably won't put as much effort into the marriage as you will because he is a male...and every female on the planet knows that males are very slow to mature, slow to catch onto things that females understand instinctively and slow to help with anything that is not connected to the couch, TV, remote control and beer. Good luck to you both, live long and prosper!

Cherry
01-04-2005, 12:36
Originally posted by kniga
Cherry,

Congratulations!

Thanks a lot!:)

corp_fin
01-04-2005, 12:36
Someone popped the Cherry ....

pengwn9
01-04-2005, 12:39
Congratulations. Enjoy.

Pobman
01-04-2005, 12:55
R u doing the deed here? I offered my wife the chance to get married in Moscow... or Antigua ... guess which one we picked :)

CatGirl
01-04-2005, 13:07
Congrats, Cherry! :D

koba65
01-04-2005, 13:08
Originally posted by kniga
Cherry,

Congratulations! I'd spend those days reminding myself that marriage doesn't create the Enchanted Forest of love and faithfulness that most young brides think it does. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication and the guy you're marrying probably won't put as much effort into the marriage as you will because he is a male...and every female on the planet knows that males are very slow to mature, slow to catch onto things that females understand instinctively and slow to help with anything that is not connected to the couch, TV, remote control and beer. Good luck to you both, live long and prosper!


:shhhhhh: Man Code Violation!!!!

monkey-girl
01-04-2005, 13:11
Congratulations! :D

joners66
01-04-2005, 13:14
There is an alternative to marriage!!!!!
Find someone you really hate and buy them a house, it cuts out all the middlemen.....................

koba65
01-04-2005, 13:15
Originally posted by joners66
There is an alternative to marriage!!!!!
Find someone you really hate and buy them a house, it cuts out all the middlemen.....................

middlewoman.... ;)


And congrats Cherry!

Cherry
01-04-2005, 13:18
thank you all!

im very happy!!

kniga
01-04-2005, 13:18
Koba,

I get a dispensation from the Man Code under Article 13, Section IIa, Subpara 37: "Married over 40 years."

Zonker
01-04-2005, 13:18
Congratulations, Cherry. I wish you all the best.

But, "last days of freedom?" You make it sound like prison. Unless there are extreme circumstances, I'm guessing that you haven't been "free" for a while at least. A simple wedding ceremony and someone's signature won't make you more or less free.

I'm new around here so I don't know everyone, their history or attitude, so I'll just add: is April Fools Day the best day to announce something like this?

Again, congratulations!

Pobman
01-04-2005, 13:18
Originally posted by joners66
There is an alternative to marriage!!!!!
Find someone you really hate and buy them a house, it cuts out all the middlemen.....................

Like it!

Cherry
01-04-2005, 13:20
Originally posted by Zonker
Congratulations, Cherry. I wish you all the best.

But, "last days of freedom?" You make it sound like prison. Unless there are extreme circumstances, I'm guessing that you haven't been "free" for a while at least. A simple wedding ceremony and someone's signature won't make you more or less free.

Again, congratulations!

marriage is all about commitment dont you think?

koba65
01-04-2005, 13:20
Originally posted by kniga
Koba,

I get a dispensation from the Man Code under Article 13, Section IIa, Subpara 37: "Married over 40 years."

Damn loopholes!! That's a chapter I was afraid to read....

DJ Biscuit
01-04-2005, 13:21
Three full years of married bliss ahead.

Seriously, congratulations.

Kniga,tut tut, shame on you for the breach.

Kingwillhe
01-04-2005, 13:21
Congratulations and all the best.

Picked a very cool honeymoon locale yet? Don’t be stingy!!

Zonker
01-04-2005, 13:26
Cherry,


Originally posted by Cherry
marriage is all about commitment dont you think?

If you are not committed to each other before you get married, a wedding won't change that. Will it?

Kseniya
01-04-2005, 13:29
It is Fools' Day today! :D I have heard about "2 marriages" already...

Shatneresque
01-04-2005, 13:44
Right offhand, I can think of....

Finding out your dentist was inspired by Laurence Olivier's character in Marathon Man;

Realizing, as you fall past the 1,000 ft mark, that your reserve 'chute ain't gonna open either;

Having a tire on your brand-new Lexus go flat after getting lost on Detroit's South Side at 11:30 p.m. on a Saturday in mid-July;

Taking a stroll through hot lava;

Having your feeding tube disconnected at the request of your (*ahem*) next-of-kin.

Kingwillhe
01-04-2005, 13:59
Originally posted by Shatneresque
Right offhand, I can think of....

Finding out your dentist was inspired by Laurence Olivier's character in Marathon Man;



Ouch...that film showed me a new use for olive oil!

aysihsK
01-04-2005, 14:00
Cherry congratulations! :hooray:

As for "last freedom days" - don't worry the fact you are married doesn't change anything so just enjoy preparations and have fun at the event itself! ;)

DJ Biscuit
01-04-2005, 14:02
Originally posted by aysihsK
don't worry the fact you are married doesn't change anything

HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HE HE HE!!

Funniest thing I've read here this week!

Cherry
01-04-2005, 14:08
Originally posted by Zonker
Cherry,



If you are not committed to each other before you get married, a wedding won't change that. Will it?

yes you are right but when you decide to get married it becomes more serious

aysihsK
01-04-2005, 14:09
Originally posted by DJ Biscuit
HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HE HE HE!!

Funniest thing I've read here this week!

well :rolleyes: ~singing~ it's a fooooooooooooooool's day, nothing but a fooooooooooooooool's day :p

Cherry
01-04-2005, 14:10
Originally posted by aysihsK
Cherry congratulations! :hooray:

As for "last freedom days" - don't worry the fact you are married doesn't change anything so just enjoy preparations and have fun at the event itself! ;)

thank you but i really think there will be some changes in my life...

good ones i hope:)

Shatneresque
01-04-2005, 14:15
Originally posted by Kingwillhe
Ouch...that film showed me a new use for olive oil!
Actually, it was oil of cloves, I think.... :rolleyes:

Kingwillhe
01-04-2005, 14:18
Long time ago Captain, my memory is...not...what..?

Sorry to sidetrak your thread Cherry. Did I mention to have a GOOD honeymoon?

Cherry
01-04-2005, 14:42
Originally posted by aysihsK
the fact you are married doesn't change anything ;)


i think being called "wife" is very sexy;)

aysihsK
01-04-2005, 14:43
Originally posted by Cherry
i think being called "wife" is very sexy;)

you think you must to get married to be called that way? :D if it's only for that then you don't have to :p

;)

Cherry
01-04-2005, 14:44
Originally posted by aysihsK
you think you must to get married to be called that way? :D if it's only for that then you don't have to :p

;)

not im a little bit more serious than that! (well i suppose):D

Shatneresque
01-04-2005, 14:45
Originally posted by Kingwillhe
Did I mention to have a GOOD honeymoon?
Confucius say: "Seven days on honeymoon make one whole week." :D

kniga
01-04-2005, 14:46
DJ Biscuit,

"Kniga,tut tut, shame on you for the breach."

At my age and stage that's all I can breach...

Cherry
01-04-2005, 14:48
Originally posted by kniga
Cherry,

the guy you're marrying probably won't put as much effort into the marriage as you will because he is a male...

i dont agree...

:confused:

Cherry
01-04-2005, 15:36
Hey! is anybody married here? girls especially!

Have you noticed any changes in your bf after marriage?

Thx for charing:)

kniga
01-04-2005, 15:55
Cherry,

My comments were founded on a lot of years watching a lot of married men, but it doesn't mean that my observations necessarily pertain to your guy...um, but just don't be surprised if they do. :-) There is a cure for his shortcomings...time. :-) :-) :-)

Cherry
01-04-2005, 16:00
Originally posted by kniga
Cherry,

My comments were founded on a lot of years watching a lot of married men, but it doesn't mean that my observations necessarily pertain to your guy

Dear Kniga!

i guess you must be older and much wizer than me but you are generalizing a bit i think... do you mean that men do not want to have a good friendly family?:(

kniga
01-04-2005, 16:24
Cherry,

No, I mean simply this: men mature more slowly than women. They are more self-centered than women. They are less likely to share the burdens of a marriage, and here I mean the mundane things that women learn to do to keep order in their house and home even if they are working outside the home, too. "A man's day may end at 5 o'clock, but a woman's day never ends." If you don't know what this means, you will if you go to work every day and then come home to start your second job, i.e., cooking, washing, cleaning house and all the other duties most men shun. As far as wanting to have a friendly family (I'm not quite sure what you mean here), most married men I know do and are crazy about their children. Don't take too seriously what I have written here because advice from your elders is like dandalions in the wind...who listens to the "dinosaurs" anyway? :-)

Cherry
01-04-2005, 16:37
Originally posted by kniga
Cherry,

If you don't know what this means, you will if you go to work every day and then come home to start your second job, i.e., cooking, washing, cleaning house and all the other duties most men shun. As far as wanting to have a friendly family (I'm not quite sure what you mean here), most married men I know do and are crazy about their children. Don't take too seriously what I have written here because advice from your elders is like dandalions in the wind...who listens to the "dinosaurs" anyway? :-)

Well i must be lucky enough to have a boyfriend who cooks very good food and loves doing it for me!
:)
secondly there are washing machines and hoovers to do all the work...

Friendly family-strong family!:)

kniga
01-04-2005, 16:50
Cherry,

Sounds like you are off to a good start! Поздравляю вас обеих!

Kseniya
01-04-2005, 16:52
а может все-таки обоих?;)

Cherry
01-04-2005, 16:54
Originally posted by kniga
Cherry,

Поздравляю вас обеих!

mmm might be a good idea but not this time:)

koba65
01-04-2005, 19:09
Originally posted by kniga
Cherry,

No, I mean simply this: men mature more slowly than women. They are more self-centered than women. They are less likely to share the burdens of a marriage, and here I mean the mundane things that women learn to do to keep order in their house and home even if they are working outside the home, too. "A man's day may end at 5 o'clock, but a woman's day never ends." If you don't know what this means, you will if you go to work every day and then come home to start your second job, i.e., cooking, washing, cleaning house and all the other duties most men shun. As far as wanting to have a friendly family (I'm not quite sure what you mean here), most married men I know do and are crazy about their children. Don't take too seriously what I have written here because advice from your elders is like dandalions in the wind...who listens to the "dinosaurs" anyway? :-)


Ok, I'm pretty sure that wasn't covered in Man Code under Article 13, Section IIa, Subpara 37: "Married over 40 years." We're watching you!!

kniga
01-04-2005, 22:14
Koba,

No, that was covered under Man Code Article 17, Section IIIb, Subpara 43: "Old dudes with lots of experience."

kniga
01-04-2005, 22:18
Kseniya,

"а может все-таки обоих?"

Ой спасибо! Иногда у меня заплетык языкается! :-)

koba65
01-04-2005, 22:19
Originally posted by kniga
Koba,

No, that was covered under Man Code Article 17, Section IIIb, Subpara 43: "Old dudes with lots of experience."

Yet another chapter I've avoided reading!

pengwn9
02-04-2005, 11:44
Originally posted by kniga
Cherry,

No, I mean simply this: men mature more slowly than women. They are more self-centered than women. They are less likely to share the burdens of a marriage, and here I mean the mundane things that women learn to do to keep order in their house and home even if they are working outside the home, too. "A man's day may end at 5 o'clock, but a woman's day never ends." If you don't know what this means, you will if you go to work every day and then come home to start your second job, i.e., cooking, washing, cleaning house and all the other duties most men shun. As far as wanting to have a friendly family (I'm not quite sure what you mean here), most married men I know do and are crazy about their children. Don't take too seriously what I have written here because advice from your elders is like dandalions in the wind...who listens to the "dinosaurs" anyway? :-)

kniga
02-04-2005, 12:27
Pengwn9,

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Shatneresque
02-04-2005, 14:50
Originally posted by Cherry
Hey! is anybody married here?
Marriage is the best way I can think of to ruin a beautiful relationship.

:stop: :stop: :stop: :stop: :stop:

Kseniya
04-04-2005, 10:32
Originally posted by kniga
Kseniya,

"а может все-таки обоих?"

Ой спасибо! Иногда у меня заплетык языкается! :-)

:D ничего, бывает:) тебе простительно!:)

Cherry
04-04-2005, 15:15
Single life goes on!!!!;)