PDA

View Full Version : can 2 non Russians get married in ZAGs?

rosalieroys
19-05-2010, 11:49
My fiance and I live in Moscow. I'm American, he's English. We don't want to become citizens, but we want to have our marriage be legal here/ internationally.
Does anyone know if we can get married in Moscow, in ZAGs or otherwise and what we need to do for that?

Thanks

SV1973a
19-05-2010, 11:54
My fiance and I live in Moscow. I'm American, he's English. We don't want to become citizens, but we want to have our marriage be legal here/ internationally.
Does anyone know if we can get married in Moscow, in ZAGs or otherwise and what we need to do for that?

Thanks

I suppose you could get married at your Embassy, provided that you have an official registration in your embassy as a national living abroad...

yakspeare
19-05-2010, 11:57
i am pretty sure you can, i certainly read it as such. you will need documents from both parties(non impairment , divorce certificates) but otherwise it is basically the same. good luck!

kanga
19-05-2010, 12:01
I have done it at ZAGs

Belenya
04-06-2010, 15:32
You should check your embassy websites for information on which documents you both need and then go to ZAGS No.4 at savelovsky metro station. One thing to watch out for is the translations and all the documents have the same spellings of your names. We just got married and had to change documents because of this. wasted a little time and we had to queue all over again.