PDA

View Full Version : Tea

chunkyhunkymonkey
31-03-2005, 15:30
I'm bored... what's your favourite brand and type of tea and do you like Russian tea?

Let me start you off:

Lipton Yellow = Yuk :vomit:
Lipton Taste of London = Yuk :vomit:
Ahmad Tea (apparantly) of London = Yuk :vomit:
PG Tips = mmmm - good!:hooray:

monkey-girl
31-03-2005, 15:37
I normally drink Chinese or Japanese tea.

Almost never in tea-bags :)

As for the well-known brands Twinnings are not bad :)

I remember gathering tea in the south of Russia and also "cooking" it. It was a part of my Nature studies at school. Was good fun and strangely enough tea tasted well! :D

Random
31-03-2005, 15:41
30 minutes to go until Tea Time !

Today I shall be mainly drinking some horrible brew that they have here ..

Depends on my mood what I want .....

Surok
31-03-2005, 15:42
and still no crumpets, random?

:(

DJ Biscuit
31-03-2005, 15:44

chunkyhunkymonkey
31-03-2005, 16:09
i remembered Random's thread yesterday, and it was about 3.15 and i though "i really fancy a cuppa tea", but it was Ahmad's English breakfast.... tasted like cat's p1ss, so had to use 2 tea bags... i think i shall have to bring my own personal stash of PG in from home!:D

Random
31-03-2005, 16:17
Originally posted by Surok
and still no crumpets, random?

:(

Nope - still munching through the packet of choccy biscuits from yesterday ... rationing has taken place ..other wise there is the odd greedy monkey in this office who would scoff the whole packet ....

Todays Tea : HYLEYS - English Aristocratic Tea
Todays Biscuit : BISCA (By Appointment to the Royal Danish Court) - Kakao Marie

Tasting Notes :-

Tea - Tasted Worse

Biscuit - Not bad, a little thin, doesn't dunk well, does however taste of chocolate, serving suggestion on the packet - quite handy as I had no idea how to serve them.

monkey-girl
31-03-2005, 16:28
Just made myself a pot of green jasmine tea*! :p

_______

*bough it at "Tea, Coffee and other colonial goods" :D

Polia Ivanova
31-03-2005, 16:40
My friend is a bit of tea connoisseur. When I visit her she serves Harrods High Tea that I bought for her in Harrods and it is very good.

My favourite type is Orange Pekoe.

When I moved to England I adopted a local habit of drinking tea with milk and I cannot drink black tea now at all. That is why I stopped drinking Earl Grey, although I have seen English drinking it with milk (yuk).

I think in Russia you can buy Dilmah which is also very popular here in the UK. Ahmad Tea (of London) I have seen in London but not in supermarkets.
PG tips they are OK but nothing extraordinary. Tetley is much better if we speak about tea bags. When I came here I was surprise to see exactly the same package but in the UK it shows milky tea, not black.

I also drink green tea and I once bought Tetley Green Earl Grey. It was a limited edition, not very popular but I liked it. Without milk of course.

My Russian friend got addicted to crumpets, I am quite indifferent to them, but I cannot resist a toasted cross bun with butter.

Shatneresque
31-03-2005, 16:51
Originally posted by Polia Ivanova
My favourite type is Orange Pekoe.
Isn't that an aphrodesiac...? :evilgrin:

Kseniya
31-03-2005, 16:55
I love tea Messner (or smth like that) - usually drink it at sushi bars... tasty:) and of course I like Ahmad Earl Grey tea.

Ledka
31-03-2005, 17:00
Mint tea for ever!

Just pure mint!!!!! or you can add some black currant and strawberry leaves ! mmmmm! I love it!

Ledka
31-03-2005, 17:01

plastique
31-03-2005, 17:03
I always get a laugh when I go into a Starbucks back home and have to order Chai Tea. Do they want to offer Coffee Coffee?

Fa-Q!
31-03-2005, 17:06
I ship tea from Sri Lanka and India. I don't really drink tea, but when I was there on business, last year, the major growers let me try some really good stuff and I liked it. They mostly drink it with milk, though.

koba65
31-03-2005, 17:07
Yorkshire Gold

Green Tea
31-03-2005, 17:08
GREEN TEA

plastique
31-03-2005, 17:12
Irish Morning.

Polia Ivanova
31-03-2005, 17:14
Originally posted by Ledka
Mint tea for ever!

Just pure mint!!!!! or you can add some black currant and strawberry leaves ! mmmmm! I love it!

My usual bedtime drink. Purifying, calming, soothing, lovely.

Kseniya
31-03-2005, 17:15
Originally posted by Green Tea
GREEN TEA

WITH JASMINE!!! :D

chunkyhunkymonkey
31-03-2005, 17:15
Originally posted by plastique
Irish Morning.

Irish morning tea is fantastic... i remember it had a bit of a caffine kick to it, so i'd be bouncing off walls at 8.30 in the morning!:D

I've been force fed green tea since i've been here, and i'm still undecided about it! in small doses me finks!

Fruit/herbal teas... always smell nice, but don't taste of much!

druna
01-04-2005, 05:22
lapsang sauchong

P.I.M.P.
01-04-2005, 07:16
North African-style mint tea with over half the cup being fresh mint leaves. The Azeri women at the rinok love me when I buy bunches and bunches of mint sprigs :)

RDV
01-04-2005, 16:34
Originally posted by chunkyhunkymonkey
I'm bored... what's your favourite brand and type of tea and do you like Russian tea?

Let me start you off:

Lipton Yellow = Yuk :vomit:
Lipton Taste of London = Yuk :vomit:
Ahmad Tea (apparantly) of London = Yuk :vomit:
PG Tips = mmmm - good!:hooray:

Most branded teas are crap, I agree. :agree:

I really like oolong - all of its varieties. Don't know if this spelling is corrent in English but Te Guan In(g) is just amazing. I think it's a blue oolong. In Russia it would .

There is a place at Lubyanka - Chinese Tea Club. I buy it from them (they have loads of varieties). You can just it from them or drink it there.

It's not cheap: 100g=400 rubles but, man, it's worth every derevyannyi rubl'! :p

Kseniya
01-04-2005, 16:39
In summer I prefer mint tea...

RDV
01-04-2005, 16:50
Originally posted by Ledka
Mint tea for ever!

Ledka,

Is there a mix of black tea, black currant and strawberry that they sell? If there is one, what's it called? Do you buy it here or make it yourself?

plastique
01-04-2005, 17:12
Originally posted by druna
lapsang sauchong

isn't that the kind that smells and tastes like burnt wood?

my ex loved it. couldn't stand it then, hate it more now.

chunkyhunkymonkey
01-04-2005, 17:45
Well, for afternoon tea today, i had Earl Gray from Ahmad. Pretty poor, but better than Ahmad's english breakfast. What did you all have for afternoon tea (between about 3-5pm)?

plastique
01-04-2005, 17:50
um...I am American and we don't have tea time...we work. :)

Kseniya
01-04-2005, 17:52
As for Russians - we drink tea when we want. Now I am drinking Ahmad Earl Grey...yuk....:D

RDV
01-04-2005, 18:25
um...I am American and we don't have tea time...we work. :)

Right... you have coffee breaks

:p

Random
01-04-2005, 18:33
sometimes its not just the tea - its also the biscuit !!!

This weekend the search continues for decent Jammie Dodger

ny pogodi
04-04-2005, 14:11
I drink Twinings teas - Prince of Wales and Darjeeling.

Also London Fruit and Herbs Company Teas are not bad, but those are not teas actually, that's kind of delicious hot scented "kompot".

Kseniya
04-04-2005, 14:15
Originally posted by Random
sometimes its not just the tea - its also the biscuit !!!

...and sugar as well. Some ppl prefer to drink tea with milk.

Random
04-04-2005, 14:17
It all depends on the tea & mood & the biscuit !!

Somedays like today - I just want a strong cup of tea with milk and a couple of sugars. Where as yesterday I wanted Earl Grey - black just as it came out of the pot !

Oh the sweet joys of choice and life !!

CatGirl
04-04-2005, 14:22
Don't really drink tea at all but when I'm ill Chinese tea braces ever better!

Kseniya
04-04-2005, 14:39
Herbal tea is so good especially in the evening after bath. I usually buy it at one babushka in Caucasus - she gathers different herbs like mint, camomile, lemon-balm, raspberry's leaves etc. :o :p

plastique
04-04-2005, 14:42
Originally posted by rdv
Right... you have coffee breaks

:p

and don't forget the chat around the watercooler breaks too.

RDV
04-04-2005, 18:08
and don't forget the chat around the watercooler breaks too.

See -- it's not all work, just different distractions ;)

chunkyhunkymonkey
04-04-2005, 18:15
tea breaks = happy employees
happy employees = more efficient employees
more efficient employees = more work done
more work done = more money earned by company
more money earned by company = happy boss
happy boss = you still have a job....

oh who am I kidding?!
:confused: