11-05-2010, 12:28
Does Viola know that? :)

It will be a surprise for her:beerbros:

AndreyS
11-05-2010, 20:32
Viola. Where are you.

mistygris
11-05-2010, 22:38
Maybe she ran away, when she saw she was the new candidate for the hot seat!

Viola we are waiting for you! ;)

Bels
11-05-2010, 23:02
She won't be the first called in this manner, nor the last. And she won't be the first to backoff and hide away either.

TolkoRaz
11-05-2010, 23:06
All together now.........

:piano:

Why are we waiting?
Why are we waiting?
Why are we wa-i-ting?
Why oh why?
Why are we waiting?
We are suffocating?
Why oh why?

:10806:

Bonifaciy
12-05-2010, 09:03
And now my solo...

:7534:

Viola is heeere
Viola is theeeere
Viola`s like bird
She flies everywhere

Siiiiing and fly
In thiiiiiis blue sky

We are waiiiiting
We are suffocaaaating
In this hot-seat
I belieeeeve weeee`ll meeeeeet!!:11629:

Max77
12-05-2010, 09:12
It's illigal to put someone in the hot seat without his/her prior consent via pm! That's what the rules state.
:rules:

Do we have Viola's written consent? If we don't - that's not her fault.
Blame the one who was in the hot seat last time and apparently did not make proper arrangements.

Who was in the hot seat last time, btw?

dontcallme
12-05-2010, 10:26
It's illigal to put someone in the hot seat without his/her prior consent via pm! That's what the rules state.
:rules:

Do we have Viola's written consent? If we don't - that's not her fault.
Blame the one who was in the hot seat last time and apparently did not make proper arrangements.

Who was in the hot seat last time, btw?

BrandonL, I mentionned a few times in the thread that a new hot seat sitter was required. I think a Mod needs to find someone and close this thread and the other one unless of course Viola turns up and decides he/she wants to do it.

Moskauerin
12-05-2010, 12:34
It would be very interesting to see Viola in the Hot Seat, but as mentioned, we need her consent according to the rules. Sooo...

Viola
12-05-2010, 12:39
OMG! :10641:

:eek: :9456: :watching: :watching:

Seems discussion going nicely even without me being here :D. May you go on this way?

pjw
12-05-2010, 13:24
Hey :hooray: Viola's here!

May I ask you some questions Viola?

1. Favourite type of flowers? :sunny:

2. Favourite place to visit or think about visiting?

3. Favourite food to eat in restaurant? Which restaurants do you like in Moscow?

4. White wine or red wine? Depending on? :10518:

5. What's your favourite song at the moment Viola? (can you link to youtube perhaps?)

mistygris
12-05-2010, 13:27
OMG! :10641:

:eek: :9456: :watching: :watching:

Seems discussion going nicely even without me being here :D. May you go on this way?

Would be more fun if you joined us too :D

to follow the example of pjw

what's your favourite food?

what's your favourite pet?

i'll think of more crazy questions tonight :mml:

Viola
12-05-2010, 14:58
Hey :hooray: Viola's here!

May I ask you some questions Viola?

1. Favourite type of flowers? :sunny:

2. Favourite place to visit or think about visiting?

3. Favourite food to eat in restaurant? Which restaurants do you like in Moscow?

4. White wine or red wine? Depending on? :10518:

5. What's your favourite song at the moment Viola? (can you link to youtube perhaps?)

Hi Pete!:wavey:
1. I like all flowers. At the moment flowers of the season like daffodils, lilly of the valley, lilacs, peonies. Roses are always good :)

2. Montserrat. Been there and feel like visiting again. Fantastic place, very special atmosphere irregardless of tourists. I believe that Santa Maria de Montserrat is special, I wear a locket with her image.

3. Any food that is well prepared :). At the moment seafood would be good. In Moscow my favourite at the moment is Filimonova & Yankel, Dorian Grey.

4. Red most of the time.

5. Not in the mood for music at the moment but something like this always works well for me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOzgVldYvps&feature=related

Viola
12-05-2010, 15:10
Would be more fun if you joined us too :D

to follow the example of pjw

what's your favourite food?

what's your favourite pet?

i'll think of more crazy questions tonight :mml:

Hi Mistygris,

I like goat cheese :D

My cat is my favourite pet of 19 years :)
http://s42.radikal.ru/i095/1005/ef/05f3c42bb470t.jpg (http://radikal.ru/F/s42.radikal.ru/i095/1005/ef/05f3c42bb470.jpg.html)

kassandra
12-05-2010, 16:46
All together now.........

:piano:

Why are we waiting?
Why are we waiting?
Why are we wa-i-ting?
Why oh why?
Why are we waiting?
We are suffocating?
Why oh why?

:10806:

Sounds familiar :)
I know another version of this song :) Although have no courage to post it here :)

MissAnnElk
12-05-2010, 17:36
Coffee or tea?

Clooney or Pitt?

Seashore or mountains?

Moscow or St. Petersburg?

Chocolates or flowers?

tvadim133
12-05-2010, 17:44
Martini or vodka?

It a joke!

What are you planning for your summer vacation?

What do you think about banning burka in Belgium?

Have already gone to the Picasso exibition in Moscow (your impression if you have)?

pjw
12-05-2010, 18:34
1. I like all flowers. At the moment flowers of the season like daffodils, lilly of the valley, lilacs, peonies. Roses are always good :)Viola, do you like the Botanical Gardens in Moscow? Botanichesky Sad. ;) I went there on the weekend. It was a nice day out. Which are your favourite? I heard there are 3. University, Prospekt Mira and VDNH. I know you like flowers and floral things. I'm sure you must love Spring.

2. Montserrat. Been there and feel like visiting again. Fantastic place, very special atmosphere irregardless of tourists. I believe that Santa Maria de Montserrat is special, I wear a locket with her image.When you mentioned Monserrat (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/country/img/20294_montserrat_old_road_bay_beach.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/country/emerald-isle.php&usg=__kS9pKNT_Y8-m977yOJlFSOrNOz0=&h=324&w=432&sz=26&hl=en&start=7&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=US49mX9OiWebnM:&tbnh=95&tbnw=126&prev=/images%3Fq%3DMontserrat%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26tbs%3Disch:1), I did a quick little google search just to find out where it was and found this interesting little overview. When were you there Viola? Sounds like you feel like going again...... :sunny: I wish you a lovely time and tell us all about it when you come back. :)

objective
12-05-2010, 19:01
Beautiful song!! Wlatz of Flowers, Strauss isn't it?

TD
12-05-2010, 19:52
Sounds familiar :)
I know another version of this song :) Although have no courage to post it here :)

This is one of the staples of the Hash House Harriers (http://www.gthhh.com/HashBible.aspx?gk=), and some of the verses do get rather scatological :-)

FlakeySnowballer
13-05-2010, 13:36
How old are you?

yakspeare
13-05-2010, 13:53
How hot is the hot seat?
do you like it hot?
hot men or hot weather?
hotdogs or hotcats?

Viola
13-05-2010, 15:17
Coffee or tea?

Clooney or Pitt?

Seashore or mountains?

Moscow or St. Petersburg?

Chocolates or flowers?

Depends on the time of the day.

Better Harrison Ford or Pierce Brosnan :D

Seashore

I like both but Vienna is my favourite city

Both :D.

Viola
13-05-2010, 15:22
Martini or vodka?

It a joke!

What are you planning for your summer vacation?

What do you think about banning burka in Belgium?

Have already gone to the Picasso exibition in Moscow (your impression if you have)?

Champaign :D

No definite plans yet. There were some ideas about Estonia but nothing has been defined so far.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

I haven't been at the Picasso exhibition. Not sure that I'll go at all, not a big fan of Picasso. But I can highly recommend Deyneka's exhibition at New Tretyakov Gallery.

Viola
13-05-2010, 15:29
Viola, do you like the Botanical Gardens in Moscow? Botanichesky Sad. ;) I went there on the weekend. It was a nice day out. Which are your favourite? I heard there are 3. University, Prospekt Mira and VDNH. I know you like flowers and floral things. I'm sure you must love Spring.When you mentioned Monserrat (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/country/img/20294_montserrat_old_road_bay_beach.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/country/emerald-isle.php&usg=__kS9pKNT_Y8-m977yOJlFSOrNOz0=&h=324&w=432&sz=26&hl=en&start=7&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=US49mX9OiWebnM:&tbnh=95&tbnw=126&prev=/images%3Fq%3DMontserrat%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26tbs%3Disch:1), I did a quick little google search just to find out where it was and found this interesting little overview. When were you there Viola? Sounds like you feel like going again...... :sunny: I wish you a lovely time and tell us all about it when you come back. :)

I like the main Botanical garden, especially the Japaneese Garden there. Have you seen it?

I mean Montserrat Monastery in Spain not far from Barcelona.

http://s42.radikal.ru/i098/1005/d7/fb9a0b3be363t.jpg (http://radikal.ru/F/s42.radikal.ru/i098/1005/d7/fb9a0b3be363.jpg.html) http://i069.radikal.ru/1005/d0/bbf02c408e22t.jpg (http://radikal.ru/F/i069.radikal.ru/1005/d0/bbf02c408e22.jpg.html)

pjw
13-05-2010, 15:31
Depends on the time of the day.Yes I know what you mean V. Recently I've started having a cup of both too because I couldn't decide which I prefered. :coffee:
I like both but Vienna is my favourite cityWhy Vienna? When were you there? Which season? What impressed you most about Vienna Viola? Plans to return sometime soon? Have you been to Salzburg or Czech Republic or Italy? :sunny:

Are you fond of reading Viola? Which have been 3 books that you've really enjoyed reading? :bookworm::bookworm:

Viola
13-05-2010, 15:37
How hot is the hot seat?
do you like it hot?
hot men or hot weather?
hotdogs or hotcats?

Hot water in Summer :D

Viola
13-05-2010, 15:46
Why Vienna? When were you there? Which season? What impressed you most about Vienna Viola? Plans to return sometime soon? Have you been to Salzburg or Czech Republic or Italy? :sunny:

Are you fond of reading Viola? Which have been 3 books that you've really enjoyed reading? :bookworm::bookworm:

I think Vienna is the most cultural and elegant city. Great traditions and wonderful food. I've been there several times, in Spring and Summer.
I haven't been in Zalzburg but it is on my wish list. I am sure I'll enjoy it.
I've been in Prague a couple of times, frankly speaking not very much impressed. Very soviet style.
Italy is great, like it very much. Would love to go there again.

There are so many good books, it is difficult to chose only three of them. I think Anna Karenina is one of the books that I reread regulary and each time it is like a new book for me, every time it opens new meanings as I grow up.

pjw
13-05-2010, 15:48
I like the main Botanical garden, especially the Japaneese Garden there. Have you seen it? It's the one we wanted to visit because of the Japanese cherry trees - Sakura - so we were walking round for ages, a bit disappointed and frustrated. But at our Botanical Gardens we went to at Prospect Mira there were alot of tulips which were quite nice, tulips of every variety and colour that you could imagine. :sunny: At which station is the Sakura garden Viola? Botanichesky Sad?

I mean Montserrat Monastery in Spain not far from Barcelona. I see. I see. I thought the Monserrat in the Caribbean was a bit exotic. In fact, I couldn't really understand what it had to offer at all, without meaning to be insulting or snobby or arrogant to the natives who live there.

pjw
13-05-2010, 16:02
I think Vienna is the most cultural and elegant city. Great traditions and wonderful food. I've been there several times, in Spring and Summer.
I haven't been in Zalzburg but it is on my wish list. I am sure I'll enjoy it.I'm sure you'd love Salzburg too Viola - especially if you like Mozart - and it's just a couple of hours from Vienna by train. Even some German cities could interest you too, perhaps Munich, Regensburg, Nurnberg.....

Myself, I'd prefer Cesky Krumlov in Czech, couple of hours from Vienna. A beautiful little place, absolutely delightful. A wonderful place, as you can see from the pic below, a river runs almost right around it. But CK's terribly over-crowded in the warmer 6 months between May and October and it somewhat loses its special charm.

I've been in Prague a couple of times, frankly speaking not very much impressed. Very soviet style. Yes I agree with you V. I was also not too impressed by Prag. Although others rave about it. I found it just too full of tourists and expats. I couldn't get into it at all.

Italy is great, like it very much. Would love to go there again.Si.......bella Italia.........hmmmmmm! :) Where have you been in Italy Viola?

Viola
13-05-2010, 16:04
It's the one we wanted to visit because of the Japanese cherry trees - Sakura - so we were walking round for ages, a bit disappointed and frustrated. But at our Botanical Gardens we went to at Prospect Mira there were alot of tulips which were quite nice, tulips of every variety and colour that you could imagine. :sunny: At which station is the Sakura garden Viola? Botanichesky Sad?I see. I see. I thought the Monserrat in the Caribbean was a bit exotic. In fact, I couldn't really understand what it had to offer at all, without meaning to be insulting or snobby or arrogant to the natives who live there.

Pete,

The Botanical Garden at Prospect Mira is good, it is an old one but it is very small in comparison to the Main Botanical Garden. They have very interesting greenhouses exhibitions, I was there in winter at orchids exhibition.
Here is the link (http://www.gbsad.ru/sprav.shtml) to the directions to the Main Botanical Garden (in Russian). The closest metro station is Sviblovo or Botanichesky Sad (but you need to know the foot-path from there, otherwise it is easy to get lost). From Sviblovo there is like 15-20 min walk.

Viola
13-05-2010, 16:13
Cesky Krumlov looks wonderful, reminds me of Passau in the Upper Donau, it is called der Dreiflüssestadt.
http://www.reiserat.de/img/reiserat/passau.jpg

Viola
13-05-2010, 16:27
How old are you?

ЖЕНЩИНА И ВОЗРАСТ
Аркадий ИНИН

В давние благословенные времена на солнечной Пицунде в нашем Доме творчества кинематографистов отдыхали Владимир Высоцкий, Марина Влади и ее восьмилетний французский сын Владимир (ударение на последнем “и”).

Роман барда с актрисой был в самом разгаре, и кинематографическим дамам было ужасно любопытно все.

А особенно любопытствовали они насчет возраста великолепно выглядевшей Марины.

Однако спросить напрямую дамы, естественно, не решались, и они попробовали традиционно подъехать на кривой козе с вопросом, сколько лет маме, к ее ребенку.

И тут я увидел, как мальчишка гневно вскочил и на ломаном, но внятном русском закричал: “Это не можно сказать! Никогда не можно спросить, сколько лет женщина!”

FlakeySnowballer
13-05-2010, 16:44
ЖЕНЩИНА И ВОЗРАСТ
Аркадий ИНИН

В давние благословенные времена на солнечной Пицунде в нашем Доме творчества кинематографистов отдыхали Владимир Высоцкий, Марина Влади и ее восьмилетний французский сын Владимир (ударение на последнем “и”).

Роман барда с актрисой был в самом разгаре, и кинематографическим дамам было ужасно любопытно все.

А особенно любопытствовали они насчет возраста великолепно выглядевшей Марины.

Однако спросить напрямую дамы, естественно, не решались, и они попробовали традиционно подъехать на кривой козе с вопросом, сколько лет маме, к ее ребенку.

И тут я увидел, как мальчишка гневно вскочил и на ломаном, но внятном русском закричал: “Это не можно сказать! Никогда не можно спросить, сколько лет женщина!”

But i am a female not male so i can ask such questions:lick:

tvadim133
13-05-2010, 22:50
But i am a female not male so i can ask such questions:lick:

Exactly, and men on the forum will not pay (read) attention to it at all......

Moskauerin
14-05-2010, 11:36
Flakey, I am lost for words... What will you do with the info? I bet you are asking out of sheer curiosity, and it is not nice.

pjw
14-05-2010, 12:22
Cesky Krumlov looks wonderful, reminds me of Passau in the Upper Donau, it is called der Dreiflüssestadt.Lovely picture of Passau Viola.

Dreiflüssestadt - 3 river city - Ilz, Inn and Donau (Danube). Regensburg is so similar. I guess it's all in the same corner of the world. One thing I used to love to do was just sit out on these peninsulas, right on the edge, river flowing by on both sides, boats passing etc......

Let me ask you another question Viola. You like travel and I suppose everyone likes travelling, but for different reasons, to meet people, sun and fun, culture and history, new things, new foods, adventure...... as many unique reasons as there are different people, I guess.......

So Viola, why do you like to travel and how do you feel when you travel? What does travel do to you and what does travel mean to you? :)

FlakeySnowballer
14-05-2010, 13:03
Flakey, I am lost for words... What will you do with the info? I bet you are asking out of sheer curiosity, and it is not nice.

Yes i asked 'cause of curiosity not more

Judge
14-05-2010, 23:29
Hi Viola..... hope life is treating you well..:)

If you could change your past, which part would you change?
Do you prefer russian music or engliski music.... what's your favourite band and song.... and why does the song mean so much to you?

Do you feed, pity the stray dogs that roam the streets of Moscow?

If you won $50 million... how would you spend the money..

mistygris
15-05-2010, 15:31
if you are banned to a deserted island and you can take three objects with you, what would they be? ;)

AndreyS
16-05-2010, 01:40

Judge, I am surprised to see you put such a question. Isn't it you who said here on the forum a couple of years ago:
The past should be left where it belongs, in the past.
(by memory, not willing to find the link...)

AndreyS
16-05-2010, 01:42
if you are banned to a deserted island and you can take three objects with you, what would they be? ;)
Misty. Why not define what an object is in your view? Does a truckload of provision count as one thing?

Viola
16-05-2010, 20:09
Judge, I am surprised to see you put such a question. Isn't it you who said here on the forum a couple of years ago:
The past should be left where it belongs, in the past.
(by memory, not willing to find the link...)

Thanks Andrey.
There is another saying that came to my mind, it belongs to Eleanor Roosevelt;

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift.

I wouldn't like to change anything in my past. Where is the guarantee that it would be better (or even different at all) if I change some things in the past? Brings to me mind the movie Sliding Doors. You may try to change some event that you consider as a turning point in life and then the final result is exactly the same, you just use other way to reach the same point.

que sera sera :)

Viola
16-05-2010, 20:13

I would like to be with someone who knows what to do at the deserted island :). Actually I would prefer not to go to the deserted island, I promise to behave myself :)

AndreyS
16-05-2010, 20:23
I would like to be with someone who knows what to do at the deserted island :).

Oh, no. She asked about "objects". ;-)

Viola
16-05-2010, 20:24
Let me ask you another question Viola. You like travel and I suppose everyone likes travelling, but for different reasons, to meet people, sun and fun, culture and history, new things, new foods, adventure...... as many unique reasons as there are different people, I guess.......

So Viola, why do you like to travel and how do you feel when you travel? What does travel do to you and what does travel mean to you? :)

Pete, it depends. All of the above reasons. First after the perestroika it was just the excitement of being able to see the world, places that we studied at school, seen in books or on TV. Now I don't have that hunger for seeing places, though there are still several places that I would like to visit. I would love to go to India for example. I think this is a country that we know very little about, with ancient history and distinctive culture.
Now most of the time I travel for comfort (sun, sea, good food, good weather) or to spend time with some people. Though I don't mind getting some new impressions on the way, see sights.

Viola
16-05-2010, 20:59
Hi Viola..... hope life is treating you well..:)

Do you prefer russian music or engliski music.... what's your favourite band and song.... and why does the song mean so much to you?

Do you feed, pity the stray dogs that roam the streets of Moscow?

If you won $50 million... how would you spend the money..

Hi Judge,

No national preference in music. No meaningful song. There are some songs that I like but without any special meaning.

I pity stray dogs but I treat them as wild animals. I pity people more.

$50 million... hmmm... I'd will think about this problem when it'll arise :)

Viola
16-05-2010, 21:03
Oh, no. She asked about "objects". ;-)

Some vehicle in working condition, radio and enough fuel :D

tvadim133
16-05-2010, 21:04
Do you have kids?

What do you think about the tendency that people untill 30 y.o.-35y.o do not want to have children but just career (at least in large cities).

If you are a teacher, what subject would be the most interesting for you?

AndreyS
16-05-2010, 21:20
Some vehicle in working condition, radio and enough fuel :D
How many laps around the island would be enough to put your mind at rest? Just trying to calculate the amount of fuel...

Viola
16-05-2010, 21:23
How many laps around the island would be enough to put your mind at rest? Just trying to calculate the amount of fuel...

Andrey, I just love comfort :) . I wouldn't mind staying at some 5* deserted island but this presupposes much more than three things :)

Viola
16-05-2010, 21:40
Do you have kids?

What do you think about the tendency that people untill 30 y.o.-35y.o do not want to have children but just career (at least in large cities).

If you are a teacher, what subject would be the most interesting for you?

Yes, I have, only one.

Well, this is their choice. Some people choose not to have children at all, this is their choice as well. If people don't want to have children thay would better not have. As for me I always wanted to have a family and children. I think now traditional family and family values displaced in the society. Fortunately there are still many people who prize family.

Vadim, I wouldn't like to be a teacher. Don't have enough courage :D

pjw
17-05-2010, 00:08
after perestroika it was the excitement of being able to see the world, places that we studied at school, seen in books or on TV. Now I don't have that hunger for seeing places, though there are still several places that I would like to visit. I would love to go to India for example. I think this is a country that we know very little about, with ancient history and distinctive culture. Hey Viola, India is a cool place. But I think it perhaps needs time. Everyone is different. Everyone sees differently, but I think for India one really needs time in order to get into things. It can be a really relaxed place, but only if one has time, meaning at least a month minimum. :)

Moskauerin
17-05-2010, 17:04
OK, a couple of questions from me now, too.

What do you like more: company or being on your own?
What do you believe in?
Do you have any superstitions that have worked for you in your life?

Judge
17-05-2010, 17:41
What does your last text message say?
Are you someone's best friend?
What is your favourite meal?
Can you drive, do you own a car?

AndreyS
17-05-2010, 18:22

Aren't you really creative, Judge???

Viola
17-05-2010, 18:29
OK, a couple of questions from me now, too.

What do you like more: company or being on your own?
What do you believe in?
Do you have any superstitions that have worked for you in your life?

I have no problem with being on my own. I like company but don't like big crouds (until I am with a small group of friends in that croud).

I believe that life brings us what we need and the things we need in our life come easily. In general I believe in traditional values no matter how idealistic it sounds.

What do you mean by superstitions? As most Russians I spit three times over left shoulder, avoid crossing paths with black cats but it is more like an unconsious habit. What else? I avoid talking about my plans before i accomplish them to avoid evil eye.

Judge
17-05-2010, 18:36
What do you mean by superstitions? As most Russians I spit three times over left shoulder

I've never heard/seen this....
I thought Russians would spit once for the fun of it..:yuk:

Viola
17-05-2010, 18:44
What is your favourite meal?
Can you drive, do you own a car?

The last one was "will you call me?" :)

Yes, I hope so. I have two close girl friends and we have been friends since elementary school.

I like different food. It's difficult to make a choice.I remember having a nice meal in the restaurant named Kaesestube (Cheese Room) in the South of Germany. From the name of the restaurant you can guess that their menu consists of cheese dishes. I wouldn't mind having fondue or raclette now.

I can drive and I own a car but traffic in Moscow became so inconvenient in the last couple of years that most of the time I use metro now.

Viola
17-05-2010, 18:47

Oh Judge! People believe that there is an Angel behind their right shoulder and Devil behind their left shoulder. So when people want to prevent Devil from doing harm they spit three times over the left shoulder.

Now you can also apply this ;)

mistygris
17-05-2010, 20:30
Misty. Why not define what an object is in your view? Does a truckload of provision count as one thing?

probably it's only one object, but then i would say: it's not playing fair :D

nbogaard
18-05-2010, 08:09

As far as I can tell, they don't actually spit. They make a stylized sound as if they are spitting, quickly, three times. I can't believe you haven't seen this if you live here.

Judge
18-05-2010, 11:41
As far as I can tell, they don't actually spit. They make a stylized sound as if they are spitting, quickly, three times. I can't believe you haven't seen this if you live here.

Never ever seen anyone do it here..

Oh Judge! People believe that there is an Angel behind their right shoulder and Devil behind their left shoulder. So when people want to prevent Devil from doing harm they spit three times over the left shoulder

I do throw salt over my left shoulder if I drop salt on the floor.

AndreyS
18-05-2010, 12:02

It happens, actually. It's kind of "touch wood" matter...

len
18-05-2010, 12:04

I do throw salt over my left shoulder if I drop salt on the floor.

being a symbol of what?

MickeyTong
18-05-2010, 12:06
Oh Judge! People believe that there is an Angel behind their right shoulder and Devil behind their left shoulder. So when people want to prevent Devil from doing harm they spit three times over the left shoulder.

Now you can also apply this ;)

Never walk on the left side of a Russian.......

Judge
18-05-2010, 12:10
being a symbol of what?

To keep the devil at bay..It's suppose to be bad luck to drop salt on the floor.

Moskauerin
18-05-2010, 12:13
I meant such superstitions that have come true. Some are common and some are individual.

For me for example, it often works that if I see a dead rat, then something bad happens to me, some bad luck, a quarrel, etc. But then I live close to a vegetable market and there are lots of rats there. :)

Also I have noticed that when a bird flies into an open window or a mirror breaks, then someone dies. That works 100%. :(

MickeyTong
18-05-2010, 13:23
.......when a bird flies into an open window or a mirror breaks, then someone dies. That works 100%. :(

People die anyway all the time.......