PDA

View Full Version : What do you do at work?

shurale
08-05-2010, 14:12
Please tell me in Russian or English what you do at work.
I want to use it during my lesson.

xfactor2000
08-05-2010, 15:26
I try to work, but I also take small breaks here and there, because it's hard to stay focused otherwise. Plus chatting with friends, attending meetings with management, browsing the Internet (sometimes), etc,etc.

cheflgf
08-05-2010, 17:28
i try to talk to people as much as possible, check the net watch/ help the kitchen, drink a hell of a lot of coffee,and pray for either more people or sum times that the evening wil come to an end

shurale
08-05-2010, 17:40
I reckon I didn't word my question well.
I would like to know what you are supposed to do at work. What are you paid money for. What your duties are.
Not how you kill time at work.

tvadim133
08-05-2010, 17:54
Well, now it is clear (the question)!

as for mine:

1. I negotiate commercial conditions, new products introduction with partners and clients ;
2. I make customers' insight researches to identify the correct message about the product we produced;
3. I do SWAT analysis about the market, I work in (SWAT conisists of 4 large sections-information about the market or the product or the competitive landscape (strenth, weakness, opportunities, threats), which help to understand what must be done from the point of view of business development);
4. I creat a Demad Generation Plan, that is a strategic plan with clear and smart objectives and efficient tactics, how these objectives can be achieved.

And as addition, I work in sales and marketing.

MickeyTong
08-05-2010, 18:03

as for mine:

1. I negotiate commercial conditions, new products introduction with partners and clients ;
2. I make customers' insight researches to identify the correct message about the product we produced;
3. I do SWAT analysis about the market, I work in (SWAT conisists of 4 large sections-information about the market or the product or the competitive landscape (strenth, weakness, opportunities, threats), which help to understand what must be done from the point of view of business development);
4. I creat a Demad Generation Plan, that is a strategic plan with clear and smart objectives and efficient tactics, how these objectives can be achieved.

Eeeeaaasy life.

(no disrespect intended.)

MickeyTong
08-05-2010, 18:06
I reckon I didn't word my question well.
I would like to know what you are supposed to do at work. What are you paid money for. What your duties are.
Not how you kill time at work.

jesus f**k me sideways. I'll get back to you on this. Maybe. Or maybe not - there are far too many people (of all ilks) demanding answers from me. And most of them..........I fob off.

tvadim133
08-05-2010, 18:09
Eeeeaaasy life.

(no disrespect intended.)

I understand you, but it sounds easy. :)

You know, it is a question of taking responsibilities and risks (in case, you did something wrong, it will bring to huge losses for the business (money) and people (firing).

So it is easy from the point of physical efforts only.

shurale
08-05-2010, 22:23

as for mine:

4. I create a Demad Generation Plan, that is a strategic plan with clear and smart objectives and efficient tactics, how these objectives can be achieved.

Spasibo Vadim,

Can you kindly provide more details?
What does the company do?
What year was it founded?

Benedikt
08-05-2010, 22:32
Please tell me in Russian or English what you do at work.
I want to use it during my lesson.
this a typical working day for us.
Tomorrow Sunday we have 200 veterans for lunch. Meaning already two week ago we ordered all the items that we beforehand discussed with the organizer. A banquet like that is not done in 24h.Fruits, vegetables, meat and so on. while i do not physically to the orders, i do the co ordination. what comes from where, do we go to the central market, order from the wholesaler or does our central store still have enough stocks.
While i still do some of the cooking, the work is being divided between the different departments. one does the meat, the other the cold cuts, the baker the bread and the pastry the sweets.
The organizer also wanted to have a presentation of the dishes that we serve. ( this is done when the government is ordering, the health department also comes to check and our calculation and accounts people check that we do not go over budget).And in-between all this all the restaurants, bar, karaoke bar, disco, chill out and night club, have their normal working schedule and we work.
then most probably there will be a phone call or ten, some more orders for banquets, functions or some special events. on the 1st of may the summer cafe opened, an additional head ache for the kitchen.
then the purchaser calls that the strawberries are 600 rubles a kilo and the potatoes 32 a kilo. 2 weeks ago, when we did the calculations it was about half that, but i can not keep strawberries 3 weeks in the cooler and 10 bags of potatoes is not an option either.
so this is basically what i do. organizer, juggler,charming the guests and cursing the cooks when they burn the stew.
I tis great to be Executive Chef. i do it now 35 years....

tvadim133
08-05-2010, 22:51
Spasibo Vadim,

Can you kindly provide more details?
What does the company do?
What year was it founded?

I would not like to give more details exacty about the company.

But if you switch on your imagination, my job responsibilities can be in all sphere starting from sweets up to car productions; from managing restaurant (marketing) up to language teaching (brand positionning) :)

If you like to have more "general" details, I will provide you with them with pleasure!

:) :) :)

shurale
08-05-2010, 23:09
I would not like to give more details exacty about the company.

But if you switch on your imagination, my job responsibilities can be in all sphere starting from sweets up to car productions; from managing restaurant (marketing) up to language teaching (brand positionning) :)

If you like to have more "general" details, I will provide you with them with pleasure!

:) :) :)

More "general" details, please.

tvadim133
08-05-2010, 23:10
More "general" details, please.

I need you r questions, because I do not know what to be added.