PDA

View Full Version : Kyrgyztan

Kingwillhe
24-03-2005, 15:40
Looks like things are heating up from this morning but all I have right now is the EuroNews loop. Any one have a better link?

Looks like smoke at the Parliament Bldg, Bishkek.

koba65
24-03-2005, 16:00
Sad thing is the opposition doesn't seem to know what they really stand for...

Jet
24-03-2005, 16:17
koba65,
They don't have to know, its not their job. I think more about possibility of Orange revolution on the streets of Moscow now....

koba65
24-03-2005, 16:18
Originally posted by Jet
koba65,
They don't have to know, its not their job. I think more about possibility of Orange revolution on the streets of Moscow now....

Ne ponyal - why don't they have to know? Are you talking about the masses, or the opposition leaders (of which there doesn't appear to be)...

I think you'll be waiting awhile longer for it to happen in Moscow...

Jet
24-03-2005, 16:36
koba65, let's hope you are right, I think Nazarbaev or Lukashenko will get it first

koba65
24-03-2005, 17:11
Originally posted by Jet
koba65, let's hope you are right, I think Nazarbaev or Lukashenko will get it first

Gave me an idea... poll coming soon.

sevan
27-03-2005, 21:21
Russia is next

koba65
28-03-2005, 15:45
Originally posted by sevan
Russia is next

At first I was inclined not to agree, but something seems to be bubbling under the surface. I think the catalyst could be another Beslan or Nord Ost type event (NE DAJ BOG!!).

sevan
28-03-2005, 15:55
Originally posted by koba65
At first I was inclined not to agree, but something seems to be bubbling under the surface. I think the catalyst could be another Beslan or Nord Ost type event (NE DAJ BOG!!).

Forget terrorists, how about another Blagoveschensk (Baskortostan)?

Halyavshik
28-03-2005, 16:02
Originally posted by sevan
Russia is next

Somehow, Sevan, I don't think so. I think the level of apathy witnessed here far exceeds whatever's needed to serve as momentum for a regime change.

The fact is, we have had Nord-Osts, Beslans, elimination of social benefits for pensioners, blatant corruption, etc, etc, etc. None of it seems to spark anything more than a few aging unemployed protesters.

sevan
28-03-2005, 22:27
that's what you think. things are reaching a boiling point. not just on the street, but in the corridors. and that's sometimes (and unfortunately) what will get people on the streets. did you hear about what happened in Blagoveshensk? what is happening with Gazprom/Rosneft? one is on the street, one is in the corridors, but both mean instability.

koba65
28-03-2005, 23:19
Originally posted by Halyavshik
Somehow, Sevan, I don't think so. I think the level of apathy witnessed here far exceeds whatever's needed to serve as momentum for a regime change.

The fact is, we have had Nord-Osts, Beslans, elimination of social benefits for pensioners, blatant corruption, etc, etc, etc. None of it seems to spark anything more than a few aging unemployed protesters.

Moscow may seem pretty apathetic, but the rest of the country is simmering - like Sevan points out, another couple Blagoveshenk's and you've got a real mess on your hands. Personally, wouldn't want to see it myself....

Sadie
29-03-2005, 00:45
Originally posted by Jet
Orange revolution ....
"Перед нами были революции разных цветов, теперь перед нами уже не революция роз или других замечательных домашних растений, а революция маковой соломки, революция анаши", - заявил политолог Павловский, - "Это уже не так красиво, как многим почему-то хотелось бы видеть". :thumbsup:

sevan
29-03-2005, 11:30
Don't go quoting that muck-raking Kremlin puppet...

Cherokee
29-03-2005, 11:45
Seems there will not be smoke in Bishkek and the problems are solved. Bakijew has won the fight and was announced yesterday by the parliament as the new president. In return, Bakijew has declared that the parliament is legitimized and asked Akajew for his resignation. At present, there are negotiation talks with Akajew, Parliament president Tekebajew said. Furhtermore he said, that the election of a new president can only be taken place after Akajews resignation because anything else would be a breach against the constitution. Bakijew has declared, that he has spoken to Putin and his collegues from Kasachstan and Uzbekistan and all of them have pronounced their support.