PDA

View Full Version : please advice me a video editor for mac os

Rexy
02-05-2010, 21:16
Hello all,

Could you please advice me what software to choose?
I want to cut, split, trim, join video of avi, mov, dvd, mkv and other formats + be able to add or detach different audio lines (i mean dubbing or voice-over translation) and subtitles.
Is it possible to make it in Final Cut? Is there any other cheaper and more simple (simpler) analogs?
I've tryed MPEG Streamclip, but it lacks some needed features =(

I'd be very thankful for you help, it's for the visual part of my thesis =)

inorcist
04-05-2010, 01:43
When I had to edit some videos back at uni I used iMovie. It's rather basic but has everything one needs. And I thouhgt it was quite intuitive as well.

FinalCut is more aimed at professional users: more effects, more tools, more power ... but also more time needed to get used to it.

Rexy
05-05-2010, 01:32
yeah, iMovie is not bad, but it can't play mkv and mov formats.
It's a bit tiresome to do all what i need in iMovie. And i anyway need a software to convert all my files and another one to cut them and one more to join them. I wanted something that would combine all these tools and be easy in use.
Maybe i'd better ask in some sofware forums =)

boris4030
14-05-2010, 05:59
You may try Video Editor for Mac which has many great functions. The features in the official site are below:

Convert videos in between:
supported Input video formats: avi, wmv, 3gp, flv, 3g2, mov, vob, mpg, asf, rm , rmvb, mp4, mkv, tod, mod, DivX, Xvid, H.264
supported Output video formats: AVI, MPG, WMV, MP4, FLV, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, SWF, DV, MKV

Extract audio form video & convert audio files
Input Audio formats: MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC,M4A, AC3, MP2
Output Audio formats: mka, mp3, wav, m4a, aac, ac3 ,aiff, amr ,flac, wma ,mp2

Capture images and store them in different image formats:
jpg, bmp, png

Export video for iMovie, ITunes, QuickTime, FinalCut Pro, etc
MP4, M4V, MOV, M4A, 3GP

Crop video
Cut out unwanted part in the frame like subtitle, credits, black sides.
you can set the crop values: Top, Button, Left and Right by directly entering the desired numbers.
You can also select an output aspect ratio : Keep Original, full screen, 16:9 and 4:3.

Trim movie
define the segments of the video that need to be converted
you can set the start time and ending time by dragging slider bar to convert a clip from your movie.

Effect and special effects:
to get your personalized output video effect, there are several buttons for you to freely play with.
set the video brightness, contrast, saturation
output the movie as Gray, old film, embossy
see the movie in a horizontal or vertical wa

tgma
14-05-2010, 08:45
You could try iSquint which will allow you to convert everything to H264, and then you can pull it all into iMovie. There is also ffmpegX which is the same program, only with more options.