PDA

View Full Version : This is Andreas writing hello

illiades
29-04-2010, 06:35
Hi,

not in Moscow but i probably soon will be.
Have read through the forum for the last few hours and there is a great archive of information here, wonderful site.

Hope to be a valuable contributor once i actually know enough about Russia myself.
For the moment, please feel free to ask about Dostoevsky and i will be happy to help if i can. Sorry but for now that is as far as my understanding of Russia reaches.

Andreas from London

phawley
29-04-2010, 13:03
Hi Andreas,

Welcome and good luck with the move, any ideas when you are thinking of moving? And whereabouts?

Give me a shout if I can answer any questions you might have about living here.

Cheers,

Phil

tasel
29-04-2010, 20:43
Hi Andreas, welcome to the forum and as well to moscow soon.

tvadim133
29-04-2010, 21:00
Hi,

not in Moscow but i probably soon will be.
Have read through the forum for the last few hours and there is a great archive of information here, wonderful site.

Hope to be a valuable contributor once i actually know enough about Russia myself.
For the moment, please feel free to ask about Dostoevsky and i will be happy to help if i can. Sorry but for now that is as far as my understanding of Russia reaches.

Andreas from London

Hi and welcome to the forum and may be soon to Moscow.

I doubt that your knowledge about Dostoyevsky will help you much to get to Know Russia, though his novels and ideas were like a reflection of russian intelligentsiya ways of thinking those times and may be some of people nowadays indeed (quite few).

At any rate, feel free to ask even provokative questions about living here and sure you can find some interesting topics about Russia in the archives of expat.ru

Just be aware, that we (people) see the life here through our own eyes and by mean of our personal experience.

Thus it can help you to get the right piece of information, if you read and get more then 2-3 comments and answers.

Darya Alexandrovna
01-05-2010, 12:28
Welcome to the forums, Andreas! And welcome to Moscow whenever you arrive. Meanwhile you can try going through some modern Russian authors to get prepared in the best way ;)
Though, we all here are ready to provide you will any kind of information.
Cheers!

Mud
02-05-2010, 01:11
Hello illiades and welcome to the Expat.ru forums!

I think that it's great that you've read Dostoyevsky! Read as much of the classic Russian literature as you can. I think that it enriches your view of Russia.

I wish you well in your move and transition. Lots of nice folks here ready to help answer questions so fire away as they arise!

Enjoy the site and this community!

All the best!
Mud :)